Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

1A Elite 8 "Let's hear it"

Featured Replies

We all have opinions, so, let's hear what everyone thinks...

 

Here's mine:

 

1) Lex. Christian

2) Mayfield

3) Crittenden Co

4) Frankfort

5) Beechwood

6) Hazard

7) Raceland

8) Fairview

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all have opinions, so, let's hear what everyone thinks...

 

Here's mine:

 

1) Lex. Catholic

2) Mayfield

3) Crittenden Co

4) Frankfort

5) Beechwood

6) Hazard

7) Raceland

8) Fairview

 

Replace Lex Cath with LCA and you may be on to something.:cool:

  • Author
Replace Lex Cath with LCA and you may be on to something.:cool:

 

Fixed, thanks

As for 1A this season (and most seasons) the road to the title goes through Beechwood. I belive that this season LCA is going to put up a detour through Lexington. My 1A Elite are.......

1.) LCA

Beechwood/Mayfield/Frankfort

 

LCA imo is #1, no question and I don't know who would be #2 and #3 between Bedxhwood and Mayfield.

We all have opinions, so, let's hear what everyone thinks...

 

Here's mine:

 

1) Lex. Christian

2) Mayfield

3) Crittenden Co

4) Frankfort

5) Beechwood

6) Hazard

7) Raceland

8) Fairview

 

Some people may argue a little about the order, but I think you have the correct teams.

 

As far as I'm concerned, it's LCA's to lose.

 

1. LCA

2. Mayfield

3. Beechwood

4. Frankfort

5. Crittenden County

6. Hazard

7. Raceland

8. Fairview

Edited by Ram

Some people may argue a little about the order, but I think you have the correct teams.

 

As far as I'm concerned, it's LCA's to loose.

 

1. LCA

2. Mayfield

3. Beechwood

4. Frankfort

5. Crittenden County

6. Hazard

7. Raceland

8. Fairview

 

Not so fast my friend as Lee Corso would say. Beechwood is still the fav until someone knocks them off. They played a very very brutal schedule to begin with. When playoff time comes those young kids will be seasoned players and know what to expect because they have been in big games.

Not so fast my friend as Lee Corso would say. Beechwood is still the fav until someone knocks them off. They played a very very brutal schedule to begin with. When playoff time comes those young kids will be seasoned players and know what to expect because they have been in big games.

Preaching to choir. I would normally agree with you, and I have said many times that Beechwood was number one until someone in 1A beats them, but this year one of those exceptions. I have seen Beechwood play on tape, and I know what LCA has. I see them every year and trust me LCA is the faviorite.

 

I'm not saying Beechwood can't win, I'm just saying LCA is the favorite.

Edited by Ram

Preaching to choir. I would normally agree with you, and I have said many times that Beechwood was number one until someone in 1A beats them, but this year one of those exceptions. I have seen Beechwood play on tape, and I know what LCA has I see them every year and trust me LCA is the faviorite

 

I"m not saying Beechwood can"t win it I"m just saying LCA is the favorite

 

I understand what your saying and I do agree with you somewhat. LCA has a lot of people back. I will say this if Beechwood can win it this year then they will go on a long string of titles.

I understand what your saying and I do agree with you somewhat. LCA has a lot of people back. I will say this if Beechwood can win it this year then they will go on a long string of titles.

I can agree, in all probability, you are right.

Top 4 in my book are:

LCA

Mayfield

Beechwood

Critt Co

 

Not really sure why a few think the road still goes through Beechwood this season. what they did last year was last year. As for LCA I know they are good and they might be the favorite. But are they a solid favorite? I think not. The central and northern part of Ky are very well represented here and have more voices so I expect to hear more of you touting those teams from that area. Having seen Mayfield play in all their 15 or 16 state title games I know when we have a contender or a pretender and this years team is a solid contender and it will take a very very good Class 1A team to knock them out. I have seen some tape on LCA and they have a very solid team and wouldnt be surprised to see them win it all. As for Beechwood I know they will be a tough out but they travel west this year so I like the wests odds. I doubt if any of you have seen Mayfield play this season but you will in about a month and a half. And Jason you tout Bwood like I do Mayfield and while Bwood may have some fine young talent in the wings , we do also , I believe we will be right in there for the next 4 years fighting for titles.

  • Author

I really figured Mayfield was a yr away at the beginning of the year...4 of there starting 5 offensive linemen are jrs.. Guhy, the QB will be a 3 yr starter nx year with several starts as a freshman.. They will lose Xavier Shelter(WR) and Tyreese Murrell(RB), 2 of there biggest playmakers this year and they'll be hard to replace, but, Higginson is an awefully good looking soph WR and Noonan, Jackson and Richardson are all very talented RBs...On the defensive side, they'll return 2 of 3 LBs, 2 of 3 in the secondary and 3 of 5 of there Dline, so, that's a pretty good nucleous to build around., plus several underclassmen are getting alot of experience and playing time this year that don't start...If the Cards are fortunate enough to win it all this year, I would think a repeat would be a very good possibility, at the very least one of the favorites to win it all next year...The upcoming freshman class is outstanding, the 8th grade class, not so much, but, the 7th grade class looks to be strong as well, so, the immediate future is bright...I've said it before and will reiterate it again here, Mayfield always has speed and playmakers but (1) Mayfield is good when they have a good line play, some yrs they do, some they don't and this yr and nx yr looks great in that regard and (2) when they have good chemistry, sr. leadership and attitudes...Too many yrs in the past few, they've had a few bad apples that kept things stirred up and were more a "all about me" players...Definately not the case this year...Who knows what the next few will hold in that regard...I think Coach Morris has improved his coaching staff ten fold with solid disciplinarians this year...Let's just hope he can keep this staff in tact for a long while...

I think the Bellevue Tigers should be getting some thoughts! Haven't made a deep run in the play offs in a while but this could be the year.

top 3

LCA

Beechwood

Mayfield

 

next best

Frankfort

Crittenden Co.

Raceland

Bellevue

 

the rest

Lou. Holy Cross

Hazzard

Fairview

top 3

LCA

Beechwood

Mayfield

 

next best

Frankfort

Crittenden Co.

Raceland

Bellevue

 

the rest

Lou. Holy Cross

Hazzard

Fairview

 

:thumb:

Top 4 in my book are:

LCA

Mayfield

Beechwood

Critt Co

 

Not really sure why a few think the road still goes through Beechwood this season. what they did last year was last year. As for LCA I know they are good and they might be the favorite. But are they a solid favorite? I think not. The central and northern part of Ky are very well represented here and have more voices so I expect to hear more of you touting those teams from that area. Having seen Mayfield play in all their 15 or 16 state title games I know when we have a contender or a pretender and this years team is a solid contender and it will take a very very good Class 1A team to knock them out. I have seen some tape on LCA and they have a very solid team and wouldnt be surprised to see them win it all. As for Beechwood I know they will be a tough out but they travel west this year so I like the wests odds. I doubt if any of you have seen Mayfield play this season but you will in about a month and a half. And Jason you tout Bwood like I do Mayfield and while Bwood may have some fine young talent in the wings , we do also , I believe we will be right in there for the next 4 years fighting for titles.

 

Beechwood owes Mayfield hardcore Snake. Until a few years ago Beechwood has never beaten Danville or Mayfield. They ended the streak against Danville in the title game now they need to end it against Mayfield. I hope it happens this year because as you and I both know that will put either team in the title game. What about the Comets Snake don't they return a lot this year or did they lose a lot after getting beat bye Beechwood in the semis last year?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.