Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Homecoming Games

Featured Replies

What do schools typically look for when scheduling a Homecoming game. Usually teams want a (so called) easy opponent. I have been noticing that teams are playing a lot more tougher teams. Whats everyones take?

The school I follow homecoming is decided on how fall break hits. So the football schedule is completed way before the school calendar is, so once the school sets the calendar homecoming is always the last home game before fall break. No matter who the team is.

The school I follow homecoming is decided on how fall break hits. So the football schedule is completed way before the school calendar is, so once the school sets the calendar homecoming is always the last home game before fall break. No matter who the team is.

 

That could be painful...

With Boyle there wasn't really a choice IMO. First game of the season at home, with the next 4 weeks on the road. 3 straight home games and rest on the road. Boyle has Lafayete, Lex Cath (district), and West Jess. (district). Making Lafayette homecoming.

With Boyle there wasn't really a choice IMO. First game of the season at home, with the next 4 weeks on the road. 3 straight home games and rest on the road. Boyle has Lafayete, Lex Cath (district), and West Jess. (district). Making Lafayette homecoming.

 

I do not understand why Lafayette was the only choice here. Homecoming could have been played on at a district game.

Fort Campbell's last two home games are typically homecoming and senior night. I do not think that any particular teams are set up for them to play on either of these nights.

I do not understand why Lafayette was the only choice here. Homecoming could have been played on at a district game.

 

Lafayette is the best choice over a district game. With all the different things going on homecoming week, why chance anyting on a important game. No way the people at Boyle make Lex Cath homecoming. WJ maybe, but Lafayette is the best option IMO.

For some unknown reason in the universe Mayfield doesn't have Homecoming during football season. They wait till basketball season. I think it is just plain stupid.

For some unknown reason in the universe Mayfield doesn't have Homecoming during football season. They wait till basketball season. I think it is just plain stupid.

That is odd.

Reidland's football team is on their annual Homecoming Tour. They were there for Heath's ceremony last week and I was told that tonight is Murray's Homecoming. True?

 

Paducah Tilghman's is tonight, when weak sister Webster County rolls into town.

Lafayette is the best choice over a district game. With all the different things going on homecoming week, why chance anyting on a important game. No way the people at Boyle make Lex Cath homecoming. WJ maybe, but Lafayette is the best option IMO.

 

That makes a lot of sense.

 

It seems like West Carter just tries to stay in a general time frame. Sometimes they have an easier opponent, sometimes it's a tougher team. I actually think I remember one year when it was Russell, but I may be mistaken. That would have been a few years back.

 

I think it's kind of disrespectful to try to get a weaker opponent. Should you go into a game thinking that you cannot lose or cannot win? I say just pick a date, but I agree with the idea to try to not make it on a district game.

Lafayette is the best choice over a district game. With all the different things going on homecoming week, why chance anyting on a important game. No way the people at Boyle make Lex Cath homecoming. WJ maybe, but Lafayette is the best option IMO.

 

I see. IMO, I think it is wierd that schools would try to slect an easier team for the homecoming game, they are realted but unrelated. No need for the team to have an easier team to increase the odds that homecoming will be successful. The homecoming events being successful has nothing to do with the game being successful.

Reidland's football team is on their annual Homecoming Tour. They were there for Heath's ceremony last week and I was told that tonight is Murray's Homecoming. True?

 

Paducah Tilghman's is tonight, when weak sister Webster County rolls into town.

 

Reidland is another Homecoming victim again this week at Murray.

GRC has Corbin (5-0) tonight for Homecoming. Very tuff game. Rather not have a district game on Homecoming night.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.