Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who's #1 ... cast your vote

Who is the #1 overall football team in Kentucky? 204 members have voted

  1. 1. Who is the #1 overall football team in Kentucky?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

With apologies to other teams whose fans surely feel they deserve consideration, the vast majority of football fans would say overall #1 in the state at this time is between Highlands and St. Xavier. So let's run a poll and see what everyone thinks. I am setting the poll to run for this week.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll let you know after the State tourn. at WKU in Bowling Green. :D

I voted Highlands. It's the only way to go IMO. If Cincy St. X beats Elder I think they are the best in KY and Greater Cincinnati!

I think #5 is right Highlands should be #1 at this time. On the voting. Jefferson Co is the most populated county in the state. They may be getting lots of votes from that area.

So far, St. Xavier is getting more votes than I expected.

 

 

I concur.

I think #5 is right Highlands should be #1 at this time. On the voting. Jefferson Co is the most populated county in the state. They may be getting lots of votes from that area.

 

That may be the case but on this board the NKY folks outnumber Louisville folks almost 10-1

Talk to me in December.

Can we set up a subpoll to find out how many voters have witnessed both teams play?

Can we set up a subpoll to find out how many voters have witnessed both teams play?

 

Does watching the Louis. ST. X vs. Cincy X on tape count?

Does watching the Louis. ST. X vs. Cincy X on tape count?

 

Sure it does.

I voted Highlands.

 

I don't see the sense in 'waiting until December' because right NOW, today, this week, with the two options given.......Highlands is the best team in the Kentucky Commonwealth.

 

Looking further down the road, say both teams end up winning out and ending the season as champions, we're still in the same boat we're in right now. I guess we'll really have to wait until two-a-days next season to vote on this one.

 

Later.

  • Author

The poll is getting closer to what I expected now with Highlands nearing 80% of the vote. My guess is that it will end up around 80-85% in favor of Highlands. I would like to hear from some St. X. fans/voters on what they are basing their vote on with the Cinti. St. X common game our main point of comparison and Highlands winning that game comparison handily.

Does Highlands routinely play the Lexington (Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Lex Cath) or the Louisville (Male, Trinity and St X) schools?

 

Any chance they move up to 6A?

 

No opinion on this, I just do not know the answer.

Does Highlands routinely play the Lexington (Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Lex Cath) or the Louisville (Male, Trinity and St X) schools?

 

Any chance they move up to 6A?

 

No opinion on this, I just do not know the answer.

 

 

Not a chance of moving up. They are actually a 3A size school. The only reason they were able to move up to 5A was due to geographical reasons.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.