September 21, 200917 yr I know it's quite early in the season, but with three weeks under the college football season belt what say you about the Heisman race so far? No order just throwing some names out there... Tim Tebow- 148 rush yds. 3 TD's. 540 passing yds. 5 TD's. Jahvid Best- avg. 18 points per game. Mardy Gilyard- avg 12 points per game. Jimmy Clausen- 9 TD's 0 Picks. Colt McCoy- 859 yds. 6 TD's. Jacquizz Rogers- avg. 10 points per game.
September 21, 200917 yr I still think Claussen has a GREAT chance at winning it. Claussen has zero chance at winning it. It will be either Tebow or McCoy, with Best as the sleeper IMO.
September 21, 200917 yr We'll see. How in the world will he win? I'd love to hear the logic behind that...
September 21, 200917 yr I"ll go with Jacory Harris at this point of the season. If they can get through Tech and OU, I'd say he'd have to right up there with Tebow, McCoy, and Best.
September 21, 200917 yr If they can get through Tech and OU, I'd say he'd have to right up there with Tebow, McCoy, and Best. I agree, that's why I said as of right now. If he has a terrible performance and they lose, he'll be out of the running.
September 21, 200917 yr Doesn't have a realistic chance, but Tony Pike has put up some very impressive numbers to date: 923 passing yds, 71% completion rate, 8 TD's vs. 2 INT's, and 2 rushing TD's. Oh, and 3 wins.
September 21, 200917 yr If you are really basing it on this year only...at this point: J. Harris and J. Best are in the lead with Gilyard in the mix. However, we all know that Tebow and McCoy started the season with such a huge lead, they will be tough to beat.
September 21, 200917 yr I think as of Today there are only 4 serious candidates that could WIN the award: 1. Tebow- He is the man to beat, especially with McCoy not really playing well. 2. Best- He is having a great season. RB's have a tough time winning. 3. McCoy- He will pick it up. Oklahoma game will either give him a chance to win it, or probably end his chances unfortunately. 4. Jacory Harris- Next two games are important, he could become the (co)front-runner if they win, or completely fall out. I think that he would have the best shot to beat Tebow if this season continues just because he is bring the U from obscurity back to prominence. Others that can get in based on the season: -Jimmy Clausen- He would be an easy candidate had ND had beaten Michigan. If he continues to put up these stats, and can beat USC he will be in NY. -Darryl Clark- Clark puts up good numbers, PSU plays no one, and IF they can survive OSU and remain unbeaten it's going to be tough to keep him away from NY. He will not win it though IMO, unless they are the only undefeated team. -Dez Bryant- Probably can't win it, but other than Jahvid Best, he has the best shot of the skill position players. -Case Keenum- He can't win it, but he already has one big win, huge numbers and will get another markee victory when his Houston Cougars take on Texas Tech this week. I really like Jaquizz Rogers, but he isn't a serious threat IMO. I actually like his game better than J-Best, but Best is on the better team and has more highlight type plays. Mardy Gilyard has zero chance at the Heisman IMO. He's no Bryant, and though he may have better stats he's no Arrelious Benn, Julio Jones, or A.J. Green. In short I think there are only 3 senarios. 1. UF begins to dominate- Tebow walks to the title. 2. UF and Texas look about even, either both winning out or both losing a game- I think the voters give it to McCoy. 3. If Texas or UF stumble, and UM somehow makes a run at the title game Jacory Harris will be the Heisman this season. 4. If none of the 3 happen, then that opens it up to Best or Clausen. As of today I predict number two, a Colt McCoy Heisman, and a UF title over the Longhorns.
September 21, 200917 yr I'm also taking Jacory Harris at this point as well. That may change over the course of the next two games.
September 21, 200917 yr Author How in the world will he win? I'd love to hear the logic behind that... His numbers
September 21, 200917 yr I guess most can tell where my vote would go. I think Jacory has the potential to be remembered as a great college QB. Most would let this nonsense go to their head, but he's really level headed and I think he'll be fine. I think this weekend is make or break. I expect him to have a good day though against VT. They gave up 500 yards to Bama and I'll take our offense over the Crimson Tides any day (okay I'd love to have Julio and Ingram). If you watch that game keep an eye out for RSFrosh Safety Vaughn Telemaque, Shannon thinks he could possibly end up being mentioned in the same breath as Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, and Brandon Merriweather at the U.
September 22, 200917 yr Author At this point in time I have to pick Jacory Harris. He has been unreal. Mustang, why so down on Clausen? He has had a great year so far. His receivers have a lot of drops and they would be 3-0 if they had a D. I think Clausen is right up there, plus he plays on a big stage every week.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.