Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jenkins/Brossart Predictions

Who will win? 28 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Jenkins
      10%
    • Bishop Brossart
      89%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The Mustangs have looked better this year do they make it 3 in a row. Don't know a whole lot about Jenkins. Any info ?????

The Mustangs have looked better this year do they make it 3 in a row. Don't know a whole lot about Jenkins. Any info ?????

 

They should be able to beat Jenkins.

  • Author

If they win their third game do they get ranked in the state 1a

If they win their third game do they get ranked in the state 1a

 

Will they? Theres a good chance. Do they deserve that ranking? Not sure as they have played alot of the 1A teams on the very low end of the spectrum. Does Brossart have any games with the top teams of 1A at all?

Will they? Theres a good chance. Do they deserve that ranking? Not sure as they have played alot of the 1A teams on the very low end of the spectrum. Does Brossart have any games with the top teams of 1A at all?

 

They do play Beechwood and Bellevue a little later on.

 

They go to a decent 3A team Elizabethtown next week, which will likely be a loss.

Maybe they do deserve a ranking, maybe not. But based on their past seasons they had to try and schedule some games where they needed to have a chance at winning. It's good to see Brossart on the winning end of a couple games. Hopefully they can keep improving each game.

 

Will they? Theres a good chance. Do they deserve that ranking? Not sure as they have played alot of the 1A teams on the very low end of the spectrum. Does Brossart have any games with the top teams of 1A at all?

Edited by GandW4life
missed info

I don't know anything about Jenkins so I won't make a prediction, but I hope the stangs can keep it up. Good luck!

I understand that Brossart coaches wanted to try and schedule some opponents for potential wins, but come on! This schedule couldn't get any easier. I don't want to take anything away from the players at Brossart, because they do play hard every game, but this does nothing to prepare them for district play, where they will get stomped on again

 

Brossart 26

Jenkins 12

I understand that Brossart coaches wanted to try and schedule some opponents for potential wins, but come on! This schedule couldn't get any easier. I don't want to take anything away from the players at Brossart, because they do play hard every game, but this does nothing to prepare them for district play, where they will get stomped on again

 

Brossart 26

Jenkins 12

 

I understand where your coming from. I don't know the numbers over at Brossart but I know they're a fairly new program. Sometimes you have to schedule cupcakes to get interest. I'm sure things will change once they get and stay established. It takes time to become anything in football and wins spark more interest than losing, its tough enough getting kids to come out for small schools considering the amount of sports they offer, so its a program builder.

I understand that Brossart coaches wanted to try and schedule some opponents for potential wins, but come on! This schedule couldn't get any easier. I don't want to take anything away from the players at Brossart, because they do play hard every game, but this does nothing to prepare them for district play, where they will get stomped on again

 

Brossart 26

Jenkins 12

 

Couldn't get any easier? Brossart prior to this year didn't even win a game most teams would try and schedule them so thier team would get a win. They just scheduled teams they could compete with they are still a young team that has only been around for a couple years. And if you looked at the state rankings all these teams where above Brossart when the season started.

I understand where your coming from. I don't know the numbers over at Brossart but I know they're a fairly new program. Sometimes you have to schedule cupcakes to get interest. I'm sure things will change once they get and stay established. It takes time to become anything in football and wins spark more interest than losing, its tough enough getting kids to come out for small schools considering the amount of sports they offer, so its a program builder.
I agree.
  • Author
I understand that Brossart coaches wanted to try and schedule some opponents for potential wins, but come on! This schedule couldn't get any easier. I don't want to take anything away from the players at Brossart, because they do play hard every game, but this does nothing to prepare them for district play, where they will get stomped on again

 

Brossart 26

Jenkins 12

 

If you paid attention to the teams they played Jenkins runs a similar O to what dayton plays and betsy layne runs a similar O to what bellevue plays so maybe they are preparing for the district. It's not always the name of the out of conference teams but what schemes they run that help for the district games.

Maybe they do deserve a ranking, maybe not. But based on their past seasons they had to try and schedule some games where they needed to have a chance at winning. It's good to see Brossart on the winning end of a couple games. Hopefully they can keep improving each game.

 

I agree. :thumb: When you haven't won, schedule some games you might win. Despite their early success, I am not sure if Brossart will win a district game. I don't see them having any chance against Beechwood or Bellevue. And at this point I would consider Ludlow, Dayton and Walton all toss ups with Brossart perhaps a slight underdog. So get the wins where you can and keep building a program.

Every team on Brossart's schedule is 1A except for E-town because of a schedule mixup involving availability to play another 1A school (I forget who it was) and obviously Bethel Tate which is an Ohio school, though I assume they would probably be in 1A if they were in KY. How do you build a program? You start from the bottom, build confidence, create an excitement around the program, win games, then move up in the level of non-district competition you play. You don't build a program by jumping right into a schedule that includes more than two or three teams above your class. Baby steps. I was skeptical of how Brossart football started, but since the new coach arrived I've been thoroughly impressed.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.