Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Greatest 3-4 hitters

Featured Replies

I was thinking about this this morning. Which set of players comprised each Franchises' best 3-4 combination? (They had to be teammates and have had at least one great season mainly hitting 3-4 together)

 

NL Central

Cardinals-

Cubs-

Reds- (Mogan & Perez)

Astros-

Pirates-

Brewers-

 

NL East

Mets- (Hernandez & Strawberry '88 or Hernandedz & Carter '86)

Phillies- (Utley & Howard)

Braves- Matthews & Aaron

Marlins-

Nationals (Expos) -

 

NL West

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Giants Mays & McCovey

Rockies

Padres -

 

AL East

Yankees - Ruth & Gherig

Red Sox - Williams & Foxx NO ROIDS (Ramirez & Ortiz with)

Blue Jays -

Baltimore -

Tampa Bay -

 

AL Central

Tigers - Cobb & Crawford

Indians -

Twins-

White Sox -

Royals -

 

AL West-

A's -

Angels -

Mariners -

Rangers -

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going with the Steelers until I read your post. :D

I was going with the Steelers until I read your post. :D

 

That was the first thing I thought of too. :lol:

That was the first thing I thought of too. :lol:

 

I thought it was football for sure.

 

Florida Marlins

 

Gary Sheffield & Bobby Bonilla

I was thinking about this this morning. Which set of players comprised each Franchises' best 3-4 combination? (They had to be teammates and have had at least one great season mainly hitting 3-4 together)

 

NL Central

Cardinals-

Cubs-

Reds- (Mogan & Perez)

Astros-

Pirates-

Brewers-

 

NL East

Mets- (Hernandez & Strawberry '88 or Hernandedz & Carter '86)

Phillies- (Utley & Howard)

Braves- Matthews & Aaron

Marlins-

Nationals (Expos) -

 

NL West

Diamondbacks

Dodgers

Giants Mays & McCovey

Rockies

Padres -

 

AL East

Yankees - Ruth & Gherig

Red Sox - Williams & Foxx NO ROIDS (Ramirez & Ortiz with)

Blue Jays -

Baltimore -

Tampa Bay -

 

AL Central

Tigers - Cobb & Crawford

Indians -

Twins-

White Sox -

Royals -

 

AL West-

A's -

Angels -

Mariners -

Rangers -

 

Actually for the Red Sox the combination of Vern Stephens and Ted Williams from 1948-50 was a better combination than Williams-Foxx. Foxx might have been a bigger name and Hall of Famer but Stephens put up better numbers with the Sox.

SF Bonds and Kemp

A's Canseco and McGwire

I was going with the Steelers until I read your post. :D

Yup.

Yankees:

 

1a Ruth & Gherig

1b Mantle & Maris

1c Teixeria & Rodrigues

Heck, if we are talking Pittsburgh, the answer still may be LaMarr Woodley and James Harrison.

  • Author
Actually for the Red Sox the combination of Vern Stephens and Ted Williams from 1948-50 was a better combination than Williams-Foxx. Foxx might have been a bigger name and Hall of Famer but Stephens put up better numbers with the Sox.

 

Check out Williams and Foxx in 1939.

  • Author
I was going with the Steelers until I read your post. :D

 

Can you edit this to say best 3-4 hitters?

The Reds 3-4 should be either Morgan -Bench, which were the primary 3 and 4 hitters for 1975, or Morgan-Foster, which were the primary 3 and 4 hitters for 1976.

Can you edit this to say best 3-4 hitters?

 

 

Done

When both healthy and in their Primes for the Cubs, D. Lee, and Aramis Ramirez were a very good 3-4 combo.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.