Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harlan/Williamsburg Predictions

Who wins? 39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Harlan wins 35-15 period end of story

 

Do you have this week's lottery numbers, too? That would be a big help to a lot of us on here....

 

I do not see Harlan stopping Williamsburg completely, so that will mean W'burg will probably score in the low 30's, at least. If Williamsburg can score 32 points or more, they win. If Harlan can keep Williamsburg under 20, they win and will have managed to do something that a lot of teams in the last few years have not done.

 

Harlan will have to play mistake free ball for 4 quarters to have a chance in this one, IMO.

 

I think it will be more like:

 

Burg 36

Harlan 21

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wiiliamsburg 41-27.

Although I think the Dragons may be out manned at a couple of spots, I'll pick with my heart and take the Dragons 24-21!!

Defensively, the key for Harlan, I think the key will be to make Williamsburg patiently move the ball on long drives, without giving up the homerun. If they can take away the big strike, and slow down the running game somewhat, I think they will win. I see Harlan moving the football well on the ground and finishing their possesions with points on the board.

 

Harlan 30

Williamsburg 21

I cannot see the Dragons keeping Williamsburg to 3 or less scores. Lexington Christian did not do it last year. Anyone know the last time Burg was held to 21 or under?

I cannot see the Dragons keeping Williamsburg to 3 or less scores. Lexington Christian did not do it last year. Anyone know the last time Burg was held to 21 or under?

 

Frankfort defeated them 21-14 in the season opener last season.

I knew it had been awhile and knew it was someone pretty good on D that had done it. The Jackets are hard to keep from scoring. I don't know how much Harlan's secondary can bend without breaking. Williamsburg picks and picks at you until they finally break on the big stuff.

  • Author
I knew it had been awhile and knew it was someone pretty good on D that had done it. The Jackets are hard to keep from scoring. I don't know how much Harlan's secondary can bend without breaking. Williamsburg picks and picks at you until they finally break on the big stuff.[/quote]

 

We've worried about that all week DC. Maybe some pressure will make a difference. Although, I watched the Moses kid on Youtube. He can avoid pressure and make big plays. Good looking athlete.

Frankfort defeated them 21-14 in the season opener last season.

 

It was 19-14

WHS - 36

HHS - 14

We've worried about that all week DC. Maybe some pressure will make a difference. Although, I watched the Moses kid on Youtube. He can avoid pressure and make big plays. Good looking athlete.

 

 

Pressuring him IS the problem. We got in on him a couple of times last year and he just kept getting back up. He can elude AND take the hit....

Harlan can possibly find a way to win this game, but I am sticking to W'burg scoring more than 3 times. Moses is the difference. If Harlan cannot deal with him, it will be a VERY long night for the Dragons.

I cannot see the Dragons keeping Williamsburg to 3 or less scores. Lexington Christian did not do it last year. Anyone know the last time Burg was held to 21 or under?

 

 

Lexington Christian pulled their starters midway throught the third quarter in that one. That game was a route by all means, and a good amount of Williamsburg's points came once the starting defense from LCA was celebrating on the sidelines. Harlan and Lynn Camp held Williamsburg to 28 last year. With Harlan returning nearly all of its defense, it's not a stretch to think they can hold them to one less score.

 

Williamsburg is a solid and VERY well coached team. They have in my opinion, one of the best schemes in the mountains and they adjust according to their talent level every year almost perfectly. But to say it takes a monumental effort and a perfect game to hold them to 3 or less scores is giving them too much credit.

Lexington Christian pulled their starters midway throught the third quarter in that one. That game was a route by all means, and a good amount of Williamsburg's points came once the starting defense from LCA was celebrating on the sidelines. Harlan and Lynn Camp held Williamsburg to 28 last year. With Harlan returning nearly all of its defense, it's not a stretch to think they can hold them to one less score.

 

Williamsburg is a solid and VERY well coached team. They have in my opinion, one of the best schemes in the mountains and they adjust according to their talent level every year almost perfectly. But to say it takes a monumental effort and a perfect game to hold them to 3 or less scores is giving them too much credit.

 

 

Might want to check your facts. Burg had 3 scores on the board by the half. Starters from both sides were still in at that time.

 

Score was 28-21 when LCA made a push with about 5 minutes left in the half. They rolled on the Jackets after that, but the 3 scores I mentioned were already up there. I was there and saw the game, too.:idunno:

 

28 is still more than 21, also, from the Harlan and LC games. IF the Dragons hold them to one less score, that is still 3 TDs.

 

I said I can't see anyone much keeping them under 21. Their offense is just too efficient. You can say what you want, but they will score points on almost everyone.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.