Covington Catholic/Cincinnati LaSalle Predictions

jbwill2

Covington Catholic vs. Cincinnati LaSalle - Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Covington Catholic vs. Cincinnati LaSalle - Who Wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Cincinnati LaSalle

Yeah but thats based on LaSalle/GCL standards- they tend to be the weakest team from that conference. However, I would bet that a weak GCL team is still heads and shoulders above most teams from KY. JMHO.

Most years you would be right, but this LaSalle team is simply not very good...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be the first to say I think CovCath will win this game and yes I know I am the biggest CovCath homer on BGP's.

The "D" looked good last week, even with LexCath getting great field position time after time but I think you will see the running game being used more this week, and if they can run, then it will open up the pass.

Don't minimize the fact that this is the regular season home opener for Coach Wirth and the first game back to CovCath in five years for Coach Ray, so the players I think will be pumped to win this one for the Coaches and themselves.

The game will come down to CovCath being able to consistently run the football and if and when they need to punt, being able to get some hang time on the ball.

CovCath 24

LaSalle 17

Okay so let me have it, but remember I did pick Ryle and LexCath to both beat CovCath, but really this team has improved and it's time for the players to put it all together for their first win in 09.

I know nothing about LaSalle but I am having a hard time buying in and seeing a CCH win. As bad as LaSalle may be, they did win a game against Oak Hills, which is the largest school in the state of Ohio I believe. Meanwhile CCH lost to a 4A school. If CCH pulls it off, it will definitely be a shocker.

I know nothing about LaSalle but I am having a hard time buying in and seeing a CCH win. As bad as LaSalle may be, they did win a game against Oak Hills, which is the largest school in the state of Ohio I believe. Meanwhile CCH lost to a 4A school. If CCH pulls it off, it will definitely be a shocker.

I went to Oak Hills. I had no idea that it was now the largest school in Ohio. I will have to say that our football teams were never all that strong - of course, I'm referring to teams almost 30 years ago. Baseball, basketball, and wrestling were a differnet story, however - very strong.

Ohio football - and the GCL in particular - is just a different level of football than in NKY. I would still have to pick a weaker GCL team over CCH at this point.

VR, CovCath is a 4A school playing up in the 5A division!

VR, CovCath is a 4A school playing up in the 5A division!

Right...so CovCath lost to another 4A school who actually plays in 4A. Meaning they'd still have gotten beat if they played in the right class.

A weak GCL team will beat a weak NKY team. The speed and size of Ohio football is just on another level.

I believe we'll be seeing Beechwood and Covcath in week 4 both looking for a win...and CovCath will likely find it that day, but not this Saturday.

FWIW, LaSalle did move up from 10 to seven in this week's Cincinnati Division I coaches poll.

Personally, I think the Lancers are no better than the 15th best team south of Dayton this year, and that may be kind, but I don't vote in this poll. I'm also including some Division II schools among the team's I think are better than LaSalle, which obviously aren't in the D-I poll.

As for Saturday, I think CovCath can win. I'm not ready to say they will, but I think they can.

My two cents, and I love some of the posts whenever a Kentucky team plays an Ohio team. Awesome, baby.

FWIW, LaSalle did move up from 10 to seven in this week's Cincinnati Division I coaches poll.

Personally, I think the Lancers are no better than the 15th best team south of Dayton this year, and that may be kind, but I don't vote in this poll. I'm also including some Division II schools among the team's I think are better than LaSalle, which obviously aren't in the D-I poll.

As for Saturday, I think CovCath can win. I'm not ready to say they will, but I think they can.

:thumb:

I did not know that!! Are you serious?!? HHS is only 3A? Maybe you can tell us all how that came about. I am sure everyone wants to hear that story. :D

Both schools play up because they appealed to the KHSAA to do so. They said that they would be geographically isolated from other schools in the division. To give you and idea...nearest 3A teams in the "local" district are North Hardin and Henry County, and the nearest 4A teams in the "local" district are Holmes and Pendleton County. They appealed so they wouldn't have to drive their teams all over creation to play a game.

DIVISION - MALE ENROLLMENT

CLASS 1A - 0-235

CLASS 2A - 236-331

CLASS 3A - 332-409

CLASS 4A - 410-501

CLASS 5A - 502-650

CLASS 6A - 651-1420

CLASS 3A

District-1- McLean County, Paducah Tilghman, Union County, Webster County

District-2- Adair County, Butler County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Russellville

District-3- Central, Elizabethtown, Moore, Shawnee

District-4- Henry County, North Oldham, Spencer County, Western Hills

District-5- Casey County, Garrard County, Jackson County, Somerset, Taylor County, Wayne County

District-6- Breathitt County, Estill County, Fleming County, Powell County

District-7- Lewis County, Mason County, Russell, West Carter

District-8- Belfry, East Ridge, Magoffin County, Pike County Central, Sheldon Clark

CLASS 4A

District-1- Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Lone Oak

District-2- Allen County-Scottsville, Franklin-Simpson, Logan County, Russell County, Warren East

District-3- Atherton, Breckinridge County, Fairdale, Valley, Western

District-4- Bullitt East, LaRue County, Marion County, North Bullitt

District-5- Bourbon County, Franklin County, Harrison County, Holmes, Pendleton County

District-6- Boyle County, East Jessamine, Lexington Catholic, West Jessamine

District-7- Bell County, Knox Central, Madison Southern, McCreary Central, Rockcastle County

District-8- Boyd County, East Carter, Greenup County, Lawrence County, Rowan County

CLASS 5A

District-1- Christian County, Hopkinsville, Madisonville North Hopkins, Ohio County, Owensboro

District-2- Barren County, Bowling Green, Grayson County, Warren Central

District-3- Bullitt Central, Doss, Iroquois, John Hardin, Waggener

District-4- Anderson County, Grant County, Jeffersontown, Oldham County, South Oldham

District-5- Covington Catholic, Dixie Heights, Highlands, Scott

District-6- Ashland Blazer, Johnson Central, Montgomery County, Woodford County

District-7- Lincoln County, Mercer County, Pulaski County, South Laurel, Southwestern

District-8- Clay County, Harlan County, Letcher County Central, North Laurel, Perry County Central, Whitley County

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue