Covington Catholic/Cincinnati LaSalle Predictions

jbwill2

Covington Catholic vs. Cincinnati LaSalle - Who Wins?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Covington Catholic vs. Cincinnati LaSalle - Who Wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Cincinnati LaSalle

You opened the door. So I will walk in. I hope people remember that little old HHS is a 3A school playing up in the 5A division!

For what it's worth, when there could potentially be a difference of less than 100 male students to define the difference in a 3A and a 5A school, I don't think the jump from 3 to 5 is a huge undertaking. That's just my little bit of whining about the 6 class football system. ("Oh, gee, we're state champs, and so are...five other teams." :ohbrother:)

Also, and I don't mean this to complain...at all...but Highlands has what's probably the largest and most developed peewee/middle school football program in the state, if not the midwest. If you look at the NKYFL, there isn't a definitively "Highlands" district team. I think the closest teams are the Newport Firefighters, Bellevue Tigers, and Campbell County Red Devils. That being said, Fort Thomas boys are bound to play for their peewee teams, and Highlands teams, as a result, have been organized playing football together for 6, 7, or 8 years by the time they're seniors. Again, not complaining, but that kind of player development is bound to give them a (completely fair) advantage, even over many 5A teams Scott H.S., who are throwing together teams from an area with virtually no football experience.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic