Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland/Fleming County predictions

Who wins this one? 82 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

    • Fleming County
      34%
      28
    • Raceland
      65%
      54

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Exactly.. Fleming countys squad last year beat East Carter 33-0 in the grid-o-rama. The following week they played a good Harrison county team. They fell short of Harrison by 2 TD's both being late in a high scoring affair. After that Fleming never bounced back, and soon after began to lose athletes to injury. This year the Panthers have the same opportunity as last, to measure there impovements (as mcpapa stated) against a quality football team. Win lose or draw, Fleming needs to prove themselves Friday night and continue to prove to themselves every week, that they are a good football team.

 

Nice post. I hope this is a great game. I am excited to return to Fleming to be part of a game. I was a 7th grader at McKell in the early 80's when we would leave school, have lunch at your place and then play in front of the entire school. It was so much fun to have the entire student body at the game! It was a Friday night atmosphere. Then, you guys came to our place the next year and we played in front of the McKell student body. I just remember the good times. I just hope this one is as exciting as back then. Good memories.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said, and yes, the I to hope to see a great football game, and let the team that plays the best win.

 

To bad this game wasn't played last year, we had the son of two Fleming County natives on the team, Brett Denton. That would have been a good back story.

 

Greg Denton holds the all time tackle record at Fleming Co. And I think FC/Raceland scrimmaged 2 or 3 years ago @ Lawrence Co.

Greg Denton holds the all time tackle record at Fleming Co. And I think FC/Raceland scrimmaged 2 or 3 years ago @ Lawrence Co.

You will have to remind him, he thought that record was broken last season. He is proud of that record.

It may have been, im not 100% sure.

The Denton family is first class. I just took Bret to Chicago about 5 weeks ago to visit Chiropractic school. He knows what is in store after pre-med now. Maybe he'll take over my practice in a few years.:cool:

Greg Denton holds the all time tackle record at Fleming Co. And I think FC/Raceland scrimmaged 2 or 3 years ago @ Lawrence Co.

 

Greg Denton did hold the record up to last year when Jordan Story passed him up.

Fleming and Raceland did scrimmage before the 07 season at Lawrence Co.

Greg Denton did hold the record up to last year when Jordan Story passed him up.

Fleming and Raceland did scrimmage before the 07 season at Lawrence Co.

 

Thanks for the clarification. :thumb:

I played with Greg. Although not huge in size he was the hardest hitter I was ever around - He would knock you silly. I also participated in the Mckell middle school games. We won at Mckell my 7th grade year, and lost at home my 8th grade year. Those were some hard hitting games. I remember eating lunch with the students from Mckell, I think we had chili. Good Times!

I played with Greg. Although not huge in size he was the hardest hitter I was ever around - He would knock you silly. I also participated in the Mckell middle school games. We won at Mckell my 7th grade year, and lost at home my 8th grade year. Those were some hard hitting games. I remember eating lunch with the students from Mckell, I think we had chili. Good Times![/QUOTE]

 

Yes, they were. What years did you play? I was 80-81.......I believe.

I believe I was the same. Looks like we shared the field. I do remember the games were played during the school day and the entire school was released to watch the game. We had a short series with Raceland during my high school playing days as well. I know we played the 83/84 and 84/85 seasons. I'm not sure how long Raceland/Fleming played after I graduated but I remember them being a well coached hard nosed team in the early/mid 80's.

I believe I was the same. Looks like we shared the field. I do remember the games were played during the school day and the entire school was released to watch the game. We had a short series with Raceland during my high school playing days as well. I know we played the 83/84 and 84/85 seasons. I'm not sure how long Raceland/Fleming played after I graduated but I remember them being a well coached hard nosed team in the early/mid 80's.

Correct, Raceland won both years.

Talking about playing in front of the whole student body, I want Raceland to bring all the fans they can and I would like to see a packed house full of support from all the people. It's been awhile since we have had all the seats filled at the game. And a good game :thumb::banana:

Edited by spindoc
rule#13

I played with Greg. Although not huge in size he was the hardest hitter I was ever around - He would knock you silly.

 

I don't know if you ever got to see Bret play at Racelnd or not but he was the exact same way. Bret Denton would flat out hit people......"when he hit you, you stayed hit" :eek::D. Bret would flat out lay a "slobberknocker deluxe" on a person.

As others have said, the Denton family is nothing but class. A fine Christian family and Bret will be a sucsess no matter what he chooses to do in life.

Talking about playing in front of the whole student body, I want Raceland to bring all the fans they can and I would like to see a packed house full of support from all the people. It's been awhile since we have had all the seats filled at the game. And a good game :thumb::banana:

 

Raceland has always brought a good crowd. Many times when on the road the Raceland fans would out number the home team fans at a game. Hopefully there will be another huge turnout this week. :thumb:

Edited by spindoc

I believe I was the same. Looks like we shared the field. I do remember the games were played during the school day and the entire school was released to watch the game. We had a short series with Raceland during my high school playing days as well. I know we played the 83/84 and 84/85 seasons. I'm not sure how long Raceland/Fleming played after I graduated but I remember them being a well coached hard nosed team in the early/mid 80's.

 

Looking at your avatar makes me want to "Hear more cowbell!"

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.