Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland/Boyd County Predictions

Who wins this one? 78 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Raceland goes to Boyd County on Saturday night (8-22) to open up the 2009 season and will be the season opener for both teams.

Raceland is coming off the best season in their long history (12-1, late season #1 State Ranking) and have several question marks, hole to fill from graduation losses from the likes of Boyles, Denton, Carver, Logan amoung many others. There is some talent at Raceland from last season and some new members of the Rams. This team imo is going to have to step it up from coming in the game last season when things/outcome was basically decided to a starting, front line role this season.

 

What are everyone's thoughts/predictions on this one?

  • Replies 132
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I am not sure how many will be out for the Rams in this one. I believe they played the Grid-O-Rama/ Scrimmage vs. WCHS minus four starters. I know that J. Barr and Rister were out and believe that C. Kelly was out as well.

 

 

The Season is finally here Rams, you had penty of mistakes in the Grid so lets go to work and get focused......."Hunker Down Rams!" and play some of your "slobberknockin' / "Orange Crush" Raceland Football. :thumb:

 

May both teams stay injury free. :thumb:

Raceland will be without two of their three possible starting RB's, Jeremy Barr and Cody Kelley. Mason Rister will be out as well. Several other will be out with minor injuries.

 

With this many out, this will be a big test for an inexperienced Raceland team. I hope some people step up, has good attitudes, and play to win. This is really an unknown for Racleand, coming in to this game with injuries and younger players.

 

There are going to have to be some people that want to play on the field, and I'm sure the coaching staff will find them.

Raceland by as much as they want.

  • Author
Raceland will be without two of their three possible starting RB's, Jeremy Barr and Cody Kelley. Mason Rister will be out as well. Several other will be out with minor injuries.

 

With this many out, this will be a big test for an inexperienced Raceland team. I hope some people step up, has good attitudes, and play to win. This is really an unknown for Racleand, coming in to this game with injuries and younger players.

 

There are going to have to be some people that want to play on the field, and I'm sure the coaching staff will find them.

 

:thumb: Good post an analogy Ram. Looks like we are going to be a M.A.S.H. unit for a while, people have to step up! From what I gather from the grid is that this team (as you said) has to want to play.

Rams, no one is going to roll over and forfiet to you just bc you are Raceland. Actually, just the opposite, after last season you have an even bigger target on your back and everyone is marking you down on their schedule. So, the question is thiis.... Are you guys up to it? I have to tell you from some of the comments I got after the grid the answer is no :irked:. Just some comments after that display.....1.) Horrible! 2.) They play out of control 3.) That team didn't HIT anyone :irked:, and last but not least..... 4.) Who the heck was that wearing Raceland uniforms :idunno: and what did they do with a real Raceland Football team? Get the picture guys?

 

I think this team can be a good one but not unless ALL come together to play as one. Forget any of this "me" or "I" crap !!

Focus on One Goal...One Team!! :thumb:

I'm afraid that there are problems at Boyd Co. The low number of players being reported is a bad sign, IMO.

 

Although the Rams are reporting several injuries, I think they still pull this one out.

I'm afraid that there are problems at Boyd Co. The low number of players being reported is a bad sign, IMO.

 

Although the Rams are reporting several injuries, I think they still pull this one out.

I'd love to believe you Graybeard, but the Rams are not focused, not playing with emotion, and not giving a good effort so far in the intrasquad scrimmage and the Grid. They are not going to win many games if all of that doesn't change. There are many players that have to decide that are going to show up to play and make this team better. I hope it happens.

Sounds like Boyd is having major numbers problems according to one or two other threads. Hard to understand.

 

Raceland 21

Boyd County 16

  • Author
I'd love to believe you Graybeard, but the Rams are not focused, not playing with emotion, and not giving a good effort so far in the intrasquad scrimmage and the Grid. They are not going to win many games if all of that doesn't change. There are many players that have to decide that are going to show up to play and make this team better. I hope it happens.

 

Exactly Ram....right now this Raceland team is FAR from being a good one and the two statements I bolded plus a couple of e-mails and phone calls I got last night and this morning backed wat you are saying up almost word for word.

Rams...do you want to put in the hard work and effort to be a winner like teams before you did? Quit blaming someone else (another report I got)for bad play, quit listening to some parents and fans and listen to your coaches. Right now you are imo expecting people to just lay down bc you are Raceland........that just "ain't" gonna happen guys.

Simply put, No One is going to feel sorry for you just bc you have some peope out with injuries....Step It Up!

I see that there are two choices before you..... work as a "TEAM" for a win or go home beaten and embarrassed, imo this team can have a good season or it also can end up something like 5-5 or worse and barely make the playoffs or be out comletely. Attitude and work ethic are everything and from all reports so far they are just not there.

Raceland generally is one of those teams which start the season as if they already have a game or two under their belt. The Rams have only lost two season openers over the past 10 years. Coach Vanderhoof and staff do a great job getting their team ready to compete from the opening kickoff. Coming off a stellar year in 08, I see Raceland riding away from Cannonsburg with one of their patented fire engine escorts. I find it hard to believe there is a Raceland team which cant/wont hit (as referenced from several here).

 

Are there any Rams taking the field this Saturday which remember the sting from the only lost handed them in 08? If so, you fellas finally have an opportunity to get things back on track. If not, you may find the Lions can get your season rolling at 0 – 1…and then you can look forward to another form of feline eagerly awaiting your arrival.

  • Author
Raceland generally is one of those teams which start the season as if they already have a game or two under their belt. The Rams have only lost two season openers over the past 10 years. Coach Vanderhoof and staff do a great job getting their team ready to compete from the opening kickoff. Coming off a stellar year in 08, I see Raceland riding away from Cannonsburg with one of their patented fire engine escorts. I find it hard to believe there is a Raceland team which cant/wont hit (as referenced from several here).

 

Are there any Rams taking the field this Saturday which remember the sting from the only lost handed them in 08? If so, you fellas finally have an opportunity to get things back on track. If not, you may find the Lions can get your season rolling at 0 – 1…and then you can look forward to another form of feline eagerly awaiting your arrival.

 

Good post Painter and thank you for the compliments. I don't believe there will be any fire trucks making "extra" runs this season. This Raceland team does have potential, it is just a matter of if they want to put in the effort that it takes to be a good team or if they would just rather go to the mall and talk about it :rolleyes::irked:.

Raceland also knows all too well how the Tomcats are just waiting and "licking their chops" in anticipation of Raceland coming into Putnam Stadium in a couple of weeks. First, we have to go into a Lions den and face a team that is wanting to prove alot of their own fans along with others wrong.

I look for Boyd to come out ready to play. Raceland will have a very tough time of it on Saturday night and I don't even want to think about the 28th right now :ohbrother:.

I'm going to say Boyd County takes this one. If it were the 3rd or 4th game the Rams would likley run away with it. With graduation losses and injured players I think Raceland is lucky to start with Boyd County rather than one of the games that is more important to them like Ashland, Russell, or even dare I say Fairview. I'm sure the rams would love to win this one, as we all know how they love winning, it's what they do best. Even with low numbers at Boyd County, they have an early season advantage here, if they don't take this advantage and get a good win early then they have a long season ahead of them.

A game that I thought Raceland would win by 2 or 3 touchdowns, is now a game I think that will be won by 2 or 3 points. With Raceland's injuries and lack of intensity theyre showing right now, I'll say Raceland 31 Boyd Co. 28.

First, let me say I am 100% a supporter of Raceland football and the school as a whole. I feel that if we were completely healthy, our talent stacks up with most area teams. With all the broken bones, health issues and disciplinary issues we lose some of that edge. With the documented lack of heart, emotion and less than stellar hitting/tackling issues, we lose our advantage all together. This is the first time in my 4 year affiliation with Raceland that I am picking against them. I really hope practice goes well this week and the boys learned from the Grid game.

Although I do think reports of Raceland's demise are probably greatly exaggerated, Boyd County can be tough at home. So the combination of my confidence in Boyd County playing well at home and everything I have read on here about Raceland falling apart at the seams is causing me to pick Boyd County in this one, 22-20. If I get this one wrong and ruin my 2009 perfect prediction record, then I am going to blame it on you Raceland fans taking sandbagging to an all new level this time. :-)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.