Highlands-Beechwood game moved to Nippert Stadium

jbwill2

I saw where the Highlands-Beechwood game (for September 4) has been moved to Nippert Stadium (UC's campus). This game was originally scheduled to be held at Beechwood.

Does anyone know if the game will still be at 7:30PM?

I'm guessing this has something to do with BW's limited capacity. However, I really like the jammed stands and the atmosphere. It will be completely lost at Nippert.

I assume this will benefit BW financially? Otherwise, I wouldnt do it.

I'm guessing this has something to do with BW's limited capacity. However, I really like the jammed stands and the atmosphere. It will be completely lost at Nippert.

I assume this will benefit BW financially? Otherwise, I wouldnt do it.

I think it has to do with the construction and lack of parking. Their small parking lot has gotten even smaller with the work being done to the school. They've converted their tennis courts to a parking lot.

Finally another person that sees it the way I do. I prefer high school games with a packed house, you can't beat that atmosphere.

I think it has to do with the construction and lack of parking. Their small parking lot has gotten even smaller with the work being done to the school. They've converted their tennis courts to a parking lot.

That is the downside the playing at BW. If its a big game, you had best be there 60 minutes early to park at Krogers and then to find one of the few seats they have.

That is the downside the playing at BW. If its a big game, you had best be there 60 minutes early to park at Krogers and then to find one of the few seats they have.

I have been told by someone that works closely with Krogers, that in a few years when they renovate that store, Krogers is/was working with BW to build a new stadium. The renovation plans are to tear down the building, and reconfig that land including the stadium behind it. I don't know if this plan is still in place today as this is what I was told about a little less than a year ago.

I have been told by someone that works closely with Krogers, that in a few years when they renovate that store, Krogers is/was working with BW to build a new stadium. The renovation plans are to tear down the building, and reconfig that land including the stadium behind it. I don't know if this plan is still in place today as this is what I was told about a little less than a year ago.

I have actually had a little bit of a hand in on the site review for the Kroger re-build, and the only 'major' changes that have been brought up at current for Beechwood's campus and facilities will be tearing down the old tennis courts and building new ones a little further to the north (towards I-75), as well as rebuilding the entrance from Kroger's parking lot behind the Beechwood grandstand.

Anyway, I would have to completely agree with Clyde and Ram: the packed house aspect of a high school football game makes all the difference in the game. The 12th man will be largely, if not completely lost at Nippert. I couldn't tell you the number of times I've seen the student cheering sections completely turn the situation on the field. What team wouldn't want to hear their fans roaring when they're trying to produce on 3rd and long?

Well this puts a speed bump on my plans. We were planning on taking the Big Red Tomato down to PBS on friday night for the UK/Miami game on Sat. Now I guess we will have to park the bus and take a cab to Clifton to watch the Birds. Not going to try to do both venues that night. Clifton isn't the greatest place to navigate and park a large motor home. What time is the game supposed to start? Go Birds!!!!!

Thursday, September 3rd @ Nippert & on TV, right? Can anyone confirm 7:30 PM starting time? Thx.

No, the game has moved to Friday the 4th at 7:30 and I don't think it will be on TV. My understanding is when the Bengals schedule came out, their last preseason game is set for September 3rd and that knocked the Highlands/Beechwood game off of TV.

As to the post above about the Beechwood stadium and Kroger's renovation, Colonels Wear Blue's comments are the same I have heard. The football stadium is not moving but some of the surrounding amenities will be reconfigured.