Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mature QB Ready for Comeback

Featured Replies

This is not a joke:

 

41-year old Jeff George (the top pick in 1990 - yes 1990) is going to make an NFL comeback...

 

http://illinihq.com/news/football/2009/07/26/jeff_george_open_to_nfl_return/

 

"I feel like I can still play, and if there's someone out there to give me a shot, that would be wonderful," George said last week on his way back home to Indianapolis from one of his frequent trips to Champaign, where he tutors Atkins and a couple of other young area quarterbacks.

 

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Illinois coach Ron Zook said he was wowed by George's workout, said he looked like a 25-year-old. The video of the workout is making the rounds among NFL personnel executives. I would not be surprised to see him back in an NFL or UFL jersey this year.

Always been a stellar teammate as well.:rolleyes:

  • Author
Illinois coach Ron Zook said he was wowed by George's workout, said he looked like a 25-year-old. The video of the workout is making the rounds among NFL personnel executives. I would not be surprised to see him back in an NFL or UFL jersey this year.

 

That is awesome. I would be very intrigued to watch him play. It should be about time for a Vinny Testaverde comeback.

 

See Ryan Leaf, you still had hope, but you shot yourself in the foot!

  • Author
Always been a stellar teammate as well.:rolleyes:

 

He's "outgrown" that by now - surely.

That is awesome. I would be very intrigued to watch him play. It should be about time for a Vinny Testaverde comeback.

 

See Ryan Leaf, you still had hope, but you shot yourself in the foot!

 

Technically, that was Plaxico. Leaf took the pain pills.:lol:

  • Author
Technically, that was Plaxico. Leaf took the pain pills.:lol:

 

Oh yeah :clap:

He's always had the talent, the question marks were above the shoulders. Brad Johnson and Vinnie Testaverde have been able to stick in the league past 40, but both of those guys have been known to be good teammates. I'd be suprised if he made a team.

Think about it... he is probably better than the bottom quarter of the backups in the league now. He's got one of the strongest arms in league history. Not a starter but could be a backup coming in.

If everything looks as good as everyone says on the video and he can really back it up during an nfl season I'd take a chance on signing him, especially if I have a young developing qb. You get him for almost nothing, and you bring him in as a third or second teammer. I wouldn't fill too strongly about him leading my team into the playoffs, but I do feel strongly about him holding the clipboard.

Technically, that was Plaxico. Leaf took the pain pills.:lol:

 

Well technically, Plaxico shot himself in the thigh. Not the foot.

Hey Cincy...sign Jeff George as a backup QB...would make the upcoming Hard Knocks HBO show that much more interesting!!!

  • Author

In shocking news, the Bengals released a statement today that they are NOT interested in signing Mike Vick. I couldn't believe it.

In shocking news, the Bengals released a statement today that they are NOT interested in signing Mike Vick. I couldn't believe it.

 

Did you receive this through Ocho Cinco's Sideline tweets?

  • Author
Did you receive this through Ocho Cinco's Sideline tweets?

 

I don't know where it was originally announced, but I read it in the Herald Leader this morning. Lewis added that he "Loves to help players that have had problems.." or something along those lines, but the QB position is like a queen bee and they don't need the chemistry problems.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.