NKY 2 A

jdg937

How are our 2 A schools doing in northern Kentucky?? Rumors have Holy Cross being the team to beat with a lot of returning starters. New Cath is supposed to be down this year, although that would be hard to fathom. Newport should be stronger with Rice at the helm. Lloyd is always dangerous with the excellent athletes they seem to produce.

How are the numbers at these schools?? Who is looking strong and where are they struggling?? Where do you rank their finish in the district and why??

NewCath will be young and thin, but I don't know if it will be considered a down year. NewCath's strength will be its line, and that's a great strength to have when you are breaking in new starters at almost every skill position.

Chris Kelly will open some eyes taking over for brother Mark in the backfield!!!!!

I think everyone is well aware of Chris Kelly. I know I personally am interested in seeing if he can live up to the hype since most NCC followers appear to believe he will be the best of the Kelly brothers. Those are some big shoes to fill.

I think everyone is well aware of Chris Kelly. I know I personally am interested in seeing if he can live up to the hype since most NCC followers appear to believe he will be the best of the Kelly brothers. Those are some big shoes to fill.

Chris runs and hits w/ a more attitutde than his other brothers. If he doesn't live up to the hype, it won't be for a lack of hard work. That kid is intense.

I can't see NCC being down they have a good football program established.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a deceiving 5-5 or 6-4 record during the regular season, just because they are breaking in new players. Certainly DeSales and Corbin will both be good teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if Newport Catholic is in Bowling Green at the end of the year.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe a deceiving 5-5 or 6-4 record during the regular season, just because they are breaking in new players. Certainly DeSales and Corbin will both be good teams, but I wouldn't be surprised if Newport Catholic is in Bowling Green at the end of the year.

That is my thinking also they may not have a good regular season record but they will be there in the end. Their competition level is very high could you post there schedule so we could look at it?

Newport Central Catholic

DATE dot.gif
OPPONENT
dot.gif
SITE
dot.gif
SCORE
STATS?
Aug 21, 09 Dixie Heights away 7:00 PM
Aug 29, 09 Simon Kenton at Nippert Stadium 2:45 PM Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown
Sep 4, 09 Madison Central away 7:00 PM
Sep 12, 09 Ryle home 7:00 PM
Sep 18, 09 Campbell County home 7:00 PM
Sep 26, 09 Covington Catholic away 1:00 PM
Oct 2, 09 Newport away 7:00 PM
Oct 9, 09 Holy Cross (Covington) home 7:00 PM
Oct 16, 09 Open
Oct 23, 09 Lloyd Memorial away 7:00 PM
Oct 30, 09 Beechwood away 7:30 PM

Aug 21, 09 Dixie Heights away 7:00 PM

Aug 29, 09 Simon Kenton at Nippert Stadium 2:45 PM Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown

Sep 4, 09 Madison Central away 7:00 PM

Sep 12, 09 Ryle home 7:00 PM

Sep 18, 09 Campbell County home 7:00 PM

Sep 26, 09 Covington Catholic away 1:00 PM

Oct 2, 09 Newport away 7:00 PM

Oct 9, 09 Holy Cross (Covington) home 7:00 PM

Oct 16, 09 Open

Oct 23, 09 Lloyd Memorial away 7:00 PM

Oct 30, 09 Beechwood away 7:30 PM