Moeller - Highlands Scrimmage?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a Moeller coach and I believe it was a 7-on-7, not scrimmage.

It was 7 on 7. Highlands looked scary good!! Highlands receivers had many great catches and ran great routes. Highlands D looked a bit shakey at first ,then settled down and played better at the end. Too many scores to keep track of, but HHS had many more scores than Moeller.

I did happen to see today's action and I totally agree. Some nice routes, great throws and a lot of scoring. HHS did outscore and looked as impressive as advertised. They did outscore Moeller and it was just not by a little. The defense did come togther after a slow start and still needs to improve, but a real nice showing. This is going to be a very talented team and fun to watch. Bardo can throw, I think eveybody is going to be excited in Bluebird land.

Who was the better of the two today?

I'm sure that someone else will give you a much better analysis but to the untrained eye (me) the Moeller QB seemed to be very poised, threw nice short routes, 10 here and 10 yards there and just worked their way down the field. Bardo on the other hand would throw long to the end zone for TD's . Also Moeller was rotating their 1's and 2's. Highlands had their 1's in the entire time.

Who was the better of the two today?

Bardo looked superb!! Maybe two misfires the whole day.He throws the long pass with velosity and a nice touch.(its a thing of beauty!!) His medium range and short passes are like a heat seeking missile. Today Bardo was by far the best.

Bardo looked superb!! Maybe two misfires the whole day.He throws the long pass with velosity and a nice touch.(its a thing of beauty!!) His medium range and short passes are like a heat seeking missile. Today Bardo was by far the best.

:thumb:

Highlands must have had 10 or 12 40-yard touchdown bombs against Moeller and many of these were against Moeller's #1s. Highlands really dominated today. Receivers Buten and Hogue didn't even play and the Birds were nearly unstoppable.

If Will Bardo can get him the ball which he didn't have a problem today. John Drennan is going to cause a lot of problems for teams this year. It will be very hard to find a receiver in NKY that is more physical than he is. Wow....That young man is a player. Good showing by the Birds today. I was especially happy with the young defensive backs for Highlands. Very nice day today by Bruns(Soph) and Abner(JR). Not bad boys!!!!!:thumb: