Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 2009/2010

Featured Replies

Unfortunately that's his MO. Fortunately, according to Demling, lots of teams are still high on him.

 

I'm not sure where that impression came from... All I saw were Mid-Major coaches walking out early shaking their head. Ohio U, Miami (Oh), Akron... etc.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just didn't see it tonight. You can tell the talent is there by watching him when he actually has the ball, but when he doesn't have it, seems as if he's just standing around waiting for it. To his credit though, he did play well on defense.

 

I didn't think Pittman played good defense at all. Yes he did have a couple of blocks, but he didn't ever rotate on defense and he walked up and down the court. Ricardo Johnson is the only KY Player I saw playing defense.

I'm pretty sure Christian was held back... Brutus might be able to give us a definite answer though.
Yeah I think Christian was held back early in grade school,maybe 1st or 2nd grade from what I hear.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Does Pittman or Johnson have any offers yet?

Does Pittman or Johnson have any offers yet?

 

Bradley offered Rico at the state tourney.

Me and my wife have not sold our home yet and have not decided on where he will attend school this up coming year. Check your source out first before posting something you and them are not aware of. With respect to Coach Hicks whom is aware of our situation we would appreciate it if everyone that is not involved in any of our decision making not make false statements in regards to this matter. Lynn does not reside with us so she has no knowledge of what is going on in our home. Thank you

 

Oldjams - you'll see that when it comes to Holmes some posters lose their perspective a bit and jump on anything they hear. Heck, you should have been on here last year. All kinds of crapola (read: lies) posted on here. Some fans are a bit overzealous.

Bradley is still his only offer.

Does Pittman or Johnson have any offers yet?

 

Bradley offered Rico at the state tourney.

 

Bradley is still his only offer.

 

And that will continue to be his only offer unless he gets away from the KY Players...I hate to say that, but it's true.

 

Ricardo is rated by many scouting services as the best player in the state, but yet he has only one offer? From what I hear, a lot of college coaches don't want to deal with the AAU coach that they play for. How true that is, I don't know. Hopefully Ricardo realizes he's much better than that one Bradley offer and he takes his game elsewhere the rest of the summer, along with Elijah and JJ. They all three received a lot of exposure playing for the Prophets last summer...more than they're receiving now.

 

All three are legit D1 caliber players. I realize Pittman may have some issues and have to take the JUCO route, but I see no reason why JJ isn't receiving more D1 attention.

Christian has a younger sister, her last name is McClendon. She does not play basketball as far as I know for Holy Cross. I remember when the McClendon kid use to play with the NKY Tarheels. The girl at HC her last name is Beal , she has a brother that plays with the NKY Tarheels currently 13U , his name is Jalen Beal. He attended St. Augustine last year. As far as I know the Beals and McClendons are not related.

Edited by HoosierDaddy
wrong quote

And that will continue to be his only offer unless he gets away from the KY Players...I hate to say that, but it's true.

 

Ricardo is rated by many scouting services as the best player in the state, but yet he has only one offer? From what I hear, a lot of college coaches don't want to deal with the AAU coach that they play for. How true that is, I don't know. Hopefully Ricardo realizes he's much better than that one Bradley offer and he takes his game elsewhere the rest of the summer, along with Elijah and JJ. They all three received a lot of exposure playing for the Prophets last summer...more than they're receiving now.

 

All three are legit D1 caliber players. I realize Pittman may have some issues and have to take the JUCO route, but I see no reason why JJ isn't receiving more D1 attention.

 

Who would you like to see the kid play for? He has been with this team for a long time.

I actually think Holmes will be better than last year and that is scary. They will be by far the best team in the 9th region and probably the favorites for the state championship.

 

:popcorn: I agree, They will be very good again next year.

Who would you like to see the kid play for? He has been with this team for a long time.

 

Personally, the KY Firebirds.

 

Does it matter who he plays AAU for???

 

I'd have a hard time believing that colleges would shy away from him because of his AAU affiliation. Bypass the AAU coach and go to the high school coach instead.

 

If you can play they'll find you whether its on a high school team, AAU, Rec league or even in a foreign country.

 

Wait til they see him play this upcoming season. Nothing wrong with Bradley. Every kid wants to go North Carolina, Duke, UK, or Louisville.

How would he fit into one of those programs?

Would he get enough playing time to keep him happy?

 

At Bradley he'd be a 4 year starter and the best thing of all he would get a FREE EDUCATION:clap:. That's what the young man deserves...

Personally, the KY Firebirds.

 

Does it matter who he plays AAU for???

 

I'd have a hard time believing that colleges would shy away from him because of his AAU affiliation. Bypass the AAU coach and go to the high school coach instead.

 

If you can play they'll find you whether its on a high school team, AAU, Rec league or even in a foreign country.

 

Wait til they see him play this upcoming season. Nothing wrong with Bradley. Every kid wants to go North Carolina, Duke, UK, or Louisville.

How would he fit into one of those programs?

Would he get enough playing time to keep him happy?

 

At Bradley he'd be a 4 year starter and the best thing of all he would get a FREE EDUCATION:clap:. That's what the young man deserves...

 

I can agree on changing AAU teams, but not the firebirds come on. They do not go to the big tournaments wtih the all the college coaches. He wouldn't get much exposure with them. Queen City prophets would be a good fit for him, he already has played for them, and they do compete at all the big tournaments. Ricardo Johnson, has no doubt made a name for himself. I think when high school ball starts he will be recieving many offers!

How about since Bolus has Pittman and Johnson at one and two in KY that they stay where they are and keep putting in work. I agree with Catbird in that if you play well, coaches will find you. I am not a beleiver that AAU team jumping is the way to get noticed.

AAU is where the majority of the players get coaches attention. Not playing on a good team and attending the big tournaments dramatically decrease the looks from college coaches. Getting into the platinum/Gold brackets and going deep in the tournaments just increase the looks the players will get. Also being on the teams with the so called "Elite" players brings the coaches to those games first.

 

Since the NCAA is not allowing college coaches attend tournaments in April and May, the month of July is crucial! Playing with a good AAU team and attending NCAA Certified tournaments like the Adids "It Takes 5ive", the Hoopfest, Harley Davidison Hoop Group Classic, Adidas "Mid-summer Classic, and Vegas or Orlando gets these boys a ton of looks. For those that are performing well, they will get offers and invites during the month of July and August and eary fall.

 

The Senior to-be division 17U is the most important group because it's their last year to be seen by the hundreds of coaches that attend these events. I talk to a-lot of coaches and this is where they see the players and do most of their evaluating. These events have the D-1, D-1 Mid-Major, D-2 and top NAIA program coaches in attendance.

 

From what I've seen, there are only two KY programs that consistently put their team or teams in these venues, that's Shinging Star Sports and Derek Smith Allstars. I will guaranty a "higher percentage" of the players that play with these two organizations will play at the next level for free, when compared to the players that don't play for them. Now there are other teams that may attend these events, but as far as consistency from year to year, these are the two KY organizations that are usually there.

 

The elite players are already on the coaches "radars" the one's that really benefit from these events are the very good players that are not considered "elite" or major D-1 material.

 

Most of the time if you see college coaches at a high school event, it's because they already have a player that they are interested in and they came to specifically watch that player. Even at a huge tournament like the "King of the Bluegrass", LIT or the event at Marshall Co. you don't see hundreds of coaches there evaluating and recruiting. JMO

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.