Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 2009/2010

Featured Replies

Me and my wife have not sold our home yet and have not decided on where he will attend school this up coming year. Check your source out first before posting something you and them are not aware of. With respect to Coach Hicks whom is aware of our situation we would appreciate it if everyone that is not involved in any of our decision making not make false statements in regards to this matter. Lynn does not reside with us so she has no knowledge of what is going on in our home. Thank you

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site oldjams.....thanks for the information.

 

:popcorn:

Thank you cch5432

Me and my wife have not sold our home yet and have not decided on where he will attend school this up coming year. Check your source out first before posting something you and them are not aware of. With respect to Coach Hicks whom is aware of our situation we would appreciate it if everyone that is not involved in any of our decision making not make false statements in regards to this matter. Lynn does not reside with us so she has no knowledge of what is going on in our home. Thank you

 

My apologies oldjams. I was simply reporting what Lynn had said since she is a family member and I figured she was close to the situation.

In all seriousness, it seems that everyone that plays basketball at Holmes are cousins, we had a previous member that kept going on and on about "cousins this" and "cousins that". Are they all related?

No problem me and my wife are his close circle we make all the decisions with him. You always are going to have people that will jump on the band wagon that don't understand the seriousness of things they dont have a clue about. We will keep you guys posted on his future. Right now we are trying to focus on our other son Scooter from Conner getting him ready for college.

In all seriousness, it seems that everyone that plays basketball at Holmes are cousins, we had a previous member that kept going on and on about "cousins this" and "cousins that". Are they all related?

 

Covington is an urban area that a lot of families grow up in and never leave. Several of the kids on this year's team have relatives that played for Holmes back in the late 70's and throughout the 80's, early 90's. Rice, Avery, and Johnson are all very common last names in that area and very big families.

 

I'm pretty sure that Mcclendon (frosh) is the nephew of former Holmes great Dicky Beal and there is also a younger Beal at the 8th grade level, as well as another Avery that is an 8th grader. More often than not, Holmes will have kids on the basketball team (and in the school in general) that are related some how since the families have been in the area so long.

Covington is an urban area that a lot of families grow up in and never leave.....................

Good enough, I just remember last season someone kept going on about this player being related to this player and that player being related to that player. I was unsure. I guess he was just blowing smoke.

Good enough, I just remember last season someone kept going on about this player being related to this player and that player being related to that player. I was unsure. I guess he was just blowing smoke.

 

Could have been...Rice, Avery, and Johnson have all been fixtures in the Covington area for quite some time. Not sure if they're related at any level though.

Could have been...Rice, Avery, and Johnson have all been fixtures in the Covington area for quite some time. Not sure if they're related at any level though.

I thought Rice and Pittman were related in some way. Or was that Rice and the Johnsons?

I thought Rice and Pittman were related in some way. Or was that Rice and the Johnsons?

 

I've never heard anything like that... and doubt it's true.

 

The only one that I know of that Kevon Rice is related to is James Rice (senior last year).

I've never heard anything like that... and doubt it's true.

 

The only one that I know of that Kevon Rice is related to is James Rice (senior last year).

Thanks, must have been misinformation.

I've never heard anything like that... and doubt it's true.

 

The only one that I know of that Kevon Rice is related to is James Rice (senior last year).

 

Are any of them related to Greg Rice?

Are any of them related to Greg Rice?

 

Greg is the older cousin of both James and Kevon Rice.

 

All three are also related to Chris Rice (c/o '04) and Sid Rice (c/o '01) who also played basketball for Holmes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.