Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes 2009/2010

Featured Replies

Covington is an urban area that a lot of families grow up in and never leave. Several of the kids on this year's team have relatives that played for Holmes back in the late 70's and throughout the 80's, early 90's. Rice, Avery, and Johnson are all very common last names in that area and very big families.

 

I'm pretty sure that Mcclendon (frosh) is the nephew of former Holmes great Dicky Beal and there is also a younger Beal at the 8th grade level, as well as another Avery that is an 8th grader. More often than not, Holmes will have kids on the basketball team (and in the school in general) that are related some how since the families have been in the area so long.

Mcclendon is not related to the Beals,most of the Mcclendon famliy attended Holy Cross.
  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mcclendon is not related to the Beals,most of the Mcclendon famliy attended Holy Cross.

 

Isn't his younger sister's last name Beal that attends Holy Cross? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

Isn't his younger sister's last name Beal that attends Holy Cross? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else?

 

The Beal that is going to go to HC is in the same grade.

Did Mcclendon go to Holmes last year or a Catholic gradeschool?

 

Mcclendon originally attended Summit View before leaving for Holmes...I believe he left in the middle of his 7th grade year and attended Holmes this past year as an 8th grader...Brutus might know the situation a little better than myself though..

The Beal that is going to go to HC is in the same grade.

 

...and will be a star in NKY by the time she's a senior.

The Beal that is going to go to HC is in the same grade.

 

Christian has a younger sister though...I'm asking if that's the same girl that plays basketball for HC and if her last name is Beal or Mcclendon.

Christian has a younger sister though...I'm asking if that's the same girl that plays basketball for HC and if her last name is Beal or Mcclendon.

 

The girl at HC is a Beal. I think she is Dicky's niece.

Christian has a younger sister though...I'm asking if that's the same girl that plays basketball for HC and if her last name is Beal or Mcclendon.

 

I don't know if they are related but here is a girl who was in eighth grade last year and played varsity for HC and her last name is Beal. Mcclendon would have to be held back for Dieja Beal to be his younger sister.

As far as Holmes goes, I had a chance to see the Johnsons, Pittman, and Slusher tonight.

 

Ricardo is going to be tough next year. His outside shot looks as if it's improved since last year and he finishes at the rim VERY STRONG. I was impressed with how much contact he was able to take at the rim and still hang long enough to finish the shot and get the "and one." Very quick off the dribble as well.

 

JJ looks as if he's grown some since last year. From where I was sitting, he looks to be the same height as Ricardo now, possibly a bit bigger. Still needs to work on his outside shot, as it looked absolutely horrible but his ball handling has improved tremendously and he rebounded very well.

 

Pittman was a big disappointment. He had a few nice drives and buckets and a dunk on a breakaway but other than that it was a bunch of playing around. I realize it's just AAU ball, but he really needs to start taking the game more serious. He has all the talent in the world but unless he starts working hard, it's going to go to waste. He did do a nice job on defense though and had a few blocks against the 6'10 kid that he was defending.

 

Slusher may really come in to his own this year. I don't expect him to be an offensive threat but he plays hard and rebounds the ball very well and will make a living around the rim. At 6'4, he should be able to make a contribution off the bench for Holmes playing the 3 or 4.

I don't know if they are related but here is a girl who was in eighth grade last year and played varsity for HC and her last name is Beal. Mcclendon would have to be held back for Dieja Beal to be his younger sister.

 

I'm pretty sure Christian was held back... Brutus might be able to give us a definite answer though.

 

Pittman was a big disappointment. He had a few nice drives and buckets and a dunk on a breakaway but other than that it was a bunch of playing around. I realize it's just AAU ball, but he really needs to start taking the game more serious. He has all the talent in the world but unless he starts working hard, it's going to go to waste. He did do a nice job on defense though and had a few blocks against the 6'10 kid that he was defending.

 

.

 

Unfortunately that's his MO. Fortunately, according to Demling, lots of teams are still high on him.

Unfortunately that's his MO. Fortunately, according to Demling, lots of teams are still high on him.

 

I just didn't see it tonight. You can tell the talent is there by watching him when he actually has the ball, but when he doesn't have it, seems as if he's just standing around waiting for it. To his credit though, he did play well on defense.

I just didn't see it tonight. You can tell the talent is there by watching him when he actually has the ball, but when he doesn't have it, seems as if he's just standing around waiting for it. To his credit though, he did play well on defense.

 

Hey, I'm with you. I'm not sure where he fits in offensively at that level. However, the next D1 recruit I sign will be my first so....

Hey, I'm with you. I'm not sure where he fits in offensively at that level. However, the next D1 recruit I sign will be my first so....

 

I agree. Needs to figure out whether he's going to play inside or out.

 

He is the key to Holmes success though. If Coach Henley can light a fire under him and get him to play with the intensity that we saw during the state tournament and against teams like Scott Co, the sky is the limit for them. When he actually plays to his potential and gets serious, nobody in the state can stop him IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.