June 2, 200917 yr Watching Sportscenter and in an interview he states he wants out of Tennessee if he can't be the starter. IMO, the Titans would be beyond smart if they could move him and improve their cast with a trade. I doubt that they can make it to the big show with Vince. And although they had a terrific season last year with Collins under center, I just wonder how much the distraction of his drama last season affected the team as a whole. Whether or not he caused much of a rift, I think that the media will make his unhappiness to backup Collins a constant issue unless Collins sets the league on fire. Curious what 5Wide has to say on this one.
June 2, 200917 yr Young's a head case. Get rid of him by all any means necessary. Okay, that sounded bad. I mean trade him.
June 2, 200917 yr When Vince was in college, I said that I thought he would be a better receiver at the pro level. Not sure he can be an elite QB.
June 2, 200917 yr I doubt the Titans will have a knee jerk reaction to this, but if they can't appease Vince to work on improving while being a backup, and the situation continues on its current path, I'd get rid of him, and I expect that they'll do that at some point. I won't say Vince will never be a good QB or a starting QB in the NFL, but he's not going to be that guy in Tennessee. I don't see them getting much value for him, but it won't be about value anyway. I hated the pick when they made it, but I convinced myself (as a Titans fan) that it could work...and I actually thought it might after he played so well as a rookie. Looks like my first instinct was right. Of course, I wanted Matt Leinart. Not sure that would have worked out any better...
June 2, 200917 yr I know it's tough on him and frustrating. Bottom line the Titans are good enough to win now and Collins gives them that best chance now! He doesn't want to waste away but I think it will help him to learn another year.
June 3, 200917 yr Author If there is a brain in his head, he'll bide his time, put the work in and realize that he's one blown blitz pickup possibly from being the starter. Of course, he wasn't that stellar on the wunderlick, so the brain may not be his strong suit.
June 3, 200917 yr Vince Young was the Rookie of the Year and led the Titans to the playoffs, correct? He has been to the Pro Bowl as well, correct? I wouldn't write this guy off as a quality QB in this league just yet. Maybe he needs to leave Tennessee to reach his potential, but I would not be surprised one bit if he was starting on day 1 this season.
June 3, 200917 yr I do not think he will ever be a top-10 QB in the NFL! I think the Titans would also agree.
June 3, 200917 yr I would bet 1 million dollars if I had it that he won't start opening day without something happening to Collins. It's a no brainer that Collins gives them the chance to win now. I am not about to write Vince off but I think another year of learning could do him wonders. I don't blame him for wanting on the field.
June 4, 200917 yr Don't go too far out on the limb there stick... It's not like Tennessee has already named Collins their starter or anything. :sssh:
June 4, 200917 yr Don't go too far out on the limb there stick... It's not like Tennessee has already named Collins their starter or anything. :sssh: You have people on here saying he will be the opening day starter that's why I said it:sssh: I think you have to think of the situation as can the Titans win it all now or are they rebuilding like say Oak, Det, KC, Cleve etc. The Titans are a win now team that's why Collins will start. If they were in the situtaion of rebuilding then Young would be the starter.
June 4, 200917 yr Obviously, they aren't rebuilding. They were 14-2 last year. Collins will start because he's better. Young already had his shot at being the starter and he seemed to get worse instead of better. The situation in Tennessee has changed and Vince has to prove himself worthy of the starting position...prior to that, they were rebuilding and his draft status and contract assured him of that honor before. That's not enough when the team is a contender. I'm sure the Titans don't like the fact that their backup QB is such a big salary cap hit. But, it happens. The alternative is undermining the whole team's success to get your high profile QB on the field. Fisher is going to do what he thinks is best for the team.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.