June 4, 200917 yr Author Obviously, they aren't rebuilding. They were 14-2 last year. Collins will start because he's better. Young already had his shot at being the starter and he seemed to get worse instead of better. The situation in Tennessee has changed and Vince has to prove himself worthy of the starting position...prior to that, they were rebuilding and his draft status and contract assured him of that honor before. That's not enough when the team is a contender. I'm sure the Titans don't like the fact that their backup QB is such a big salary cap hit. But, it happens. The alternative is undermining the whole team's success to get your high profile QB on the field. Fisher is going to do what he thinks is best for the team. Agree. I have faith in Fish. I think if I had to eat his salary and couldn't unload him, I'd do my best to come up with some type of Wildcat package with VY and maybe a run/pass option. Tough to prepare for all of that in a week's time.
June 4, 200917 yr Agree. I have faith in Fish. I think if I had to eat his salary and couldn't unload him, I'd do my best to come up with some type of Wildcat package with VY and maybe a run/pass option. Tough to prepare for all of that in a week's time. I think they should do that. I'm not sure they will, but I like the idea. With the whole off-season to work on a package, they should come up with something, IMO.
June 4, 200917 yr Agree. I have faith in Fish. I think if I had to eat his salary and couldn't unload him, I'd do my best to come up with some type of Wildcat package with VY and maybe a run/pass option. Tough to prepare for all of that in a week's time. Probably the best option for him.
June 4, 200917 yr I suspect part of the Wildcat equation will be Vince Young's attitude...will he be happy to get on the field, or will he pout about only getting snaps in spot situations? If he's not a team player, I doubt we'll see it. You'd think with a run-heavy offense like Tennessee's, they'd try to incorporate a dynamic runner like Vince into the equation. If he's on board, his presence could end up being a luxury in 2009, rather than a detriment. He and Chris Johnson in the backfield together could put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.
June 4, 200917 yr You have people on here saying he will be the opening day starter that's why I said it:sssh: I think you have to think of the situation as can the Titans win it all now or are they rebuilding like say Oak, Det, KC, Cleve etc. The Titans are a win now team that's why Collins will start. If they were in the situtaion of rebuilding then Young would be the starter. You misinterpreted what I meant, Stick. I said I wouldn't be surprised if he was starting on Day 1 next year. I do not think that he will, I just would not be surprised if he either beat out Kerry Collins or was traded to a team that needs a QB. I mentioned that he may have to leave the Titans to reach his full potential. Sorry for the confusion, Stick; I agree with you that Collins is the likely starter. Let me be clear. I think that Young has all the makings of a quality QB. I think that he could go to camp and beat out Collins. I think that the more likely scenario is that Young gets traded and turns into a quality QB for another team.
June 4, 200917 yr He's not going to beat Collins out for the job this season. Collins has already been named the starter. There's no competition for the 2009 job. I suspect he'll need a change of scenery to have any chance of reviving his career. It seems fairly obvious that his psyche is fragile, to say the least, possibly childish...considering how he's acted the last year or so, I doubt the Tennessee fans and media will support him, but will instead be quick to criticize him. He's shown nothing to make anyone believe he can handle that. He's too thin-skinned to survive in a place where he's worn out his welcome with the fans and media.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.