Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson Climbing on Draft Boards?

Featured Replies

This truly is hilarious.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Patterson will be the best PF in the NCAA if he comes back. (Now since Griffin is gone) And having Orton and Cousins to work with for 1 year will make him only better for the 2010 NBA Draft. He can prove he has a consistent jumper and handle the ball. He can prove this through the dribble drive offense Calipari is going to be implementing. I think its in his best interest to come back next year because in the 10' draft he will be the best big man in the class...

NO way Patterson is a lottery pick. I'm not even bashing him or saying he won't pan out in the NBA, but come on. Another thing that gets me, people say that Tyler Hansbrough won't turn out to be anything in the NBA because he is "undersized". Patterson is listed as 6'8 on that website, Hansbrough is at 6'9. That's a complete joke. If Pat Patterson can go as a LOTTERY PICK, I surely hope Hansbrough will too. Sure you can say well Hansbrough played a lot of center in college, he won't be able to in the NBA. Patterson played a lot of center as well, and Hansbrough can play the 4 just as good as the 5.

NO way Patterson is a lottery pick. I'm not even bashing him or saying he won't pan out in the NBA, but come on. Another thing that gets me, people say that Tyler Hansbrough won't turn out to be anything in the NBA because he is "undersized". Patterson is listed as 6'8 on that website, Hansbrough is at 6'9. That's a complete joke. If Pat Patterson can go as a LOTTERY PICK, I surely hope Hansbrough will too. Sure you can say well Hansbrough played a lot of center in college, he won't be able to in the NBA. Patterson played a lot of center as well, and Hansbrough can play the 4 just as good as the 5.

 

Patterson is way more athletic than Hansbrough. Patterson has more upside than Hansbrough. Now he may not be a lottery pick but he will get much better than he is now. JMO

Patterson is way more athletic than Hansbrough. Patterson has more upside than Hansbrough. Now he may not be a lottery pick but he will get much better than he is now. JMO

 

So are you saying he's better than Hansbrough? Or has the potential to be better than Hansbrough?

So are you saying he's better than Hansbrough? Or has the potential to be better than Hansbrough?

 

What part of "Patterson has more upside" don't you understand? :idunno:

 

You'd be crazy to argue that Patterson is better than Hansbrough. As much as I don't like Crazy T, he's one of the most successful college players in the history of the game.

Patterson is way more athletic than Hansbrough. Patterson has more upside than Hansbrough. Now he may not be a lottery pick but he will get much better than he is now. JMO

 

Way more athletic? More upside? I just don't see that. Sure to some Patterson will be the more popular pick of the two, but Hansbrough has shown time and time again he has the toughness and ability to play in the NBA. I just don't understand saying he will be a bust because he is undersized, then a guy who is a whole inch smaller is a lottery pick :rolleyes:

Way more athletic? More upside? I just don't see that. Sure to some Patterson will be the more popular pick of the two, but Hansbrough has shown time and time again he has the toughness and ability to play in the NBA. I just don't understand saying he will be a bust because he is undersized, then a guy who is a whole inch smaller is a lottery pick :rolleyes:

 

For some reason, people don't think Hansbrough's game translates well to the NBA. I think he'll have a solid career. He's not a franchise player, but I'd take him on my team.

For some reason, people don't think Hansbrough's game translates well to the NBA. I think he'll have a solid career. He's not a franchise player, but I'd take him on my team.

 

Yeah, I agree because they all believe he is "undersized". Hansbrough will play harder than just about anybody else in the league next season, I would kill to have a guy like that on my team. If I were picking in the 25-32 range(the playoff teams) I wouldn't think twice about getting him. He would come off the bench, get you 10-12 points every night, about 6-8 rebounds, some blocks, play good defense, play EXTREMELY hard, and give you all he's got.

^ He's not gonna give you "some" blocks or 6-8 rebounds... The NBA is a completely different animal

Would you guys consider Christian Laettner a bust?

 

Nope.

Would you guys consider Christian Laettner a bust?

 

I would. Never lived up to the player he was in college.

Nope.

 

 

He didn't have great numbers, but they weren't horrible. 12.8 points a game and 6.7 rebounds were his career numbers. In my opinion, Hansbrough and Patterson can do as good, if not better.

^ He's not gonna give you "some" blocks or 6-8 rebounds... The NBA is a completely different animal

 

I understand that, but do you people really expect Hansbrough not to play hard and give it his all, work hard over the next summer, get stronger, even more physical than ever, do you really think he will put up 5 points and 4 rebounds a game? I mean look what the guy did in college? The last two superstar All American studs to come out of college are having pretty successful seasons in the league.

 

Hansbrough can be a lot like an Al Horford and David Lee in the NBA. Horford averaged 11.5 points and 9.3 rebounds a game in the regular season, and Lee put up over 16 points and 11 rebounds. I'm not saying he will be better than those two guys, because they are experienced and have had solid careers so far. But he can be just like those two guys.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.