Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson Climbing on Draft Boards?

Featured Replies

I understand that, but do you people really expect Hansbrough not to play hard and give it his all, work hard over the next summer, get stronger, even more physical than ever, do you really think he will put up 5 points and 4 rebounds a game? I mean look what the guy did in college? The last two superstar All American studs to come out of college are having pretty successful seasons in the league.

 

Hansbrough can be a lot like an Al Horford and David Lee in the NBA. Horford averaged 11.5 points and 9.3 rebounds a game in the regular season, and Lee put up over 16 points and 11 rebounds. I'm not saying he will be better than those two guys, because they are experienced and have had solid careers so far. But he can be just like those two guys.

 

Hansbrough is nowhere near as athletic as either of those two guys.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lisetened to an interview with Pat William's, and he's a pretty when it comes to evaluating talent. He think's Hansbrough will be a solid pro, and I agree with him, I can see him averaging 10/8.

IMO Patterson will be the best PF in the NCAA if he comes back. (Now since Griffin is gone) And having Orton and Cousins to work with for 1 year will make him only better for the 2010 NBA Draft. He can prove he has a consistent jumper and handle the ball. He can prove this through the dribble drive offense Calipari is going to be implementing. I think its in his best interest to come back next year because in the 10' draft he will be the best big man in the class...

 

I think Cousins will be picked before Patterson, if he comes back. I think he will maybe move up about 3-5 spots if he does come back. You will have a lot of one and done players that will go before him. Maybe get more money if he waits but that is about it. I maybe wrong, which happens a lot. Meeks has more to gain buy coming back next year.

All the scouts saying a player will go say between 15 and 20 doesn't mean they will. Coach Cal said he told Patrick that when you talk to these guys and they tell you that, then ask them if their team is going to pick him at that spot. He said all of them will answer no.

All the scouts saying a player will go say between 15 and 20 doesn't mean they will. Coach Cal said he told Patrick that when you talk to these guys and they tell you that, then ask them if their team is going to pick him at that spot. He said all of them will answer no.

 

They will answer maybe. A lot of this depends on how you do in those pre-draft camps. Now this isn't the NFL combines, but if a scout has the ear of a GM and likes the way you look in a few of those camps then you are in.

They will answer maybe. A lot of this depends on how you do in those pre-draft camps. Now this isn't the NFL combines, but if a scout has the ear of a GM and likes the way you look in a few of those camps then you are in.

I think Coach was simply saying you have to pin them down and not base your decision on maybe you will get picked a certain time. If you stay in the draft you want to know when you will get picked if it is going to be late first round. A person could get left at alter and slip to the second round.

A person could get left at alter and slip to the second round.

 

This has happened to a lot of players over the years.

This has happened to a lot of players over the years.

 

And a lot of players have moved up on the draft boards.

 

It all depends on how he performs in the work-outs.

 

The draft is not an exact science. All the "expert scouts" can do it project you. The rest is up to the GM's and coaches.

 

I wish Patterson nothing but luck with whatever he decides to do.

Any chance Patterson goes the route of Randolph Morris? I don't think so, but it's interesting to think about.

 

Don't hire an agent & stay in the draft to see what happens. If you get selected, great. Go to the NBA. I'd assume Patterson would still be a 1st round pick.

 

If you don't get drafted, return to school. I believe Morris' suspension was because of the fact that he did not pay for all of his workouts. Assuming Patterson has not had any contact with an agent (which would be tough if you stay in the draft), he would be able to return to school without penalty, correct?

 

I'm assuming if you're drafted, you don't have the opportunity to return to school; however, I'm not positive on this.

 

Horrible rule by the NCAA. Which is why this is the last year that route is available.

Any chance Patterson goes the route of Randolph Morris? I don't think so, but it's interesting to think about.

 

Don't hire an agent & stay in the draft to see what happens. If you get selected, great. Go to the NBA. I'd assume Patterson would still be a 1st round pick.

 

If you don't get drafted, return to school. I believe Morris' suspension was because of the fact that he did not pay for all of his workouts. Assuming Patterson has not had any contact with an agent (which would be tough if you stay in the draft), he would be able to return to school without penalty, correct?

 

I'm assuming if you're drafted, you don't have the opportunity to return to school; however, I'm not positive on this.

 

Horrible rule by the NCAA. Which is why this is the last year that route is available.

There is zero chance Patterson goes undrafted...

There is zero chance Patterson goes undrafted...

 

I'm well aware & agree. Just throwing it out there.

 

Real question is whether or not you can return to school if you're drafted in the 2nd round. Is there any difference between 1st & 2nd round? I know 1st round is guaranteed $$, so I doubt you can. But with the NCAA, anything is possible.

 

Any idea?

I'm well aware & agree. Just throwing it out there.

 

Real question is whether or not you can return to school if you're drafted in the 2nd round. Is there any difference between 1st & 2nd round? I know 1st round is guaranteed $$, so I doubt you can. But with the NCAA, anything is possible.

 

Any idea?

If you are drafted, you are done...

If you are drafted, you are done...

 

:thumb:

 

Thanks. Figured that, but had no confirmation.

 

I thought the NCAA would have some bogus rule to allow a kid back into school. :lol:

I understand that, but do you people really expect Hansbrough not to play hard and give it his all, work hard over the next summer, get stronger, even more physical than ever, do you really think he will put up 5 points and 4 rebounds a game? I mean look what the guy did in college? The last two superstar All American studs to come out of college are having pretty successful seasons in the league.

 

Hansbrough can be a lot like an Al Horford and David Lee in the NBA. Horford averaged 11.5 points and 9.3 rebounds a game in the regular season, and Lee put up over 16 points and 11 rebounds. I'm not saying he will be better than those two guys, because they are experienced and have had solid careers so far. But he can be just like those two guys.

 

 

He isn't even close to the athleticism of Durant or Beasley. He also doesn't have the tools of Lee or Horford. I'm not saying that he won't improve, but working hard is simply not enough in a league where the you are at the cusp of average height, with well below athleticism. I think he will probably measure at 6'8 or a shade under, and that just isn't gonna get it done. I think he has a chance to have a decent career, but I just don't see it happening. That's just me though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.