April 28, 200917 yr You have no need to worry about what I might advocate. We're heading down the road to serfdom so fast that I'll be taxed into submission soon enough. I realize that those who worship their "messiah" are completely hypnotized by his rhetoric. He is a fine reader so long as his teleprompter is working correctly. However, that is not always the case and, when it malfunctions, he is at a, shall we say, loss for words. Those who are not yet intoxicated by him can't help but wonder just who wrote the words he is reciting. Since, in time of technical glitch, he fumbles, bumbles, and says little or nothing, it would lead one to conclude that they are not really his words. I can agree with you on this much. The previous administration did a very poor job of getting it's message out to the people and Obama is doing a much better job. However, Obama is doing so much of it that if he keeps up this pace a significant number of people will get bored with him. And as I mentioned in my previously post, a very large number of people are so emotionally invested in Obama it's going to take a while before boredom takes root. Also, there is a certain percentage of people who are so emotionally attatched to Obama that they will never tire of hearing their idol. For them, he'll always remain on a pedestal. Is it really not possible to have adult debate about the issues, or is it just impossible because you guys are so much more informed than anyone who disagrees with you that you need to talk down to them. Please note the sacarstic tone.
April 28, 200917 yr Is it me or does anyone else find it comical that Bush supporters actually have such short term memory lapses that they can question Obama's speaking sytle/skill with a straight face? Besides whats a teleprompter have to do with any of the issues? Just more far Right wing negative rhetoric.:deadhorse: I think you'll be hard pressed to paint me as an Obama supporter, but I agree with this.
April 28, 200917 yr I just heard a blurb that each primetime press conference costs the networks 30 million dollars. I'm sure that's total, not each. Is that considered a campaign contribution?
April 28, 200917 yr Is it me or does anyone else find it comical that Bush supporters actually have such short term memory lapses that they can question Obama's speaking sytle/skill with a straight face? Besides whats a teleprompter have to do with any of the issues? Just more far Right wing negative rhetoric.:deadhorse: No one is comparing styles. Obama's style is smooth. He is an outstanding reader. Bush's style was terrible. I'm more concerned with the substance. My question is, since he cannot function without a teleprompter or two, are the ideas really his? Certainly it is a reasonable question given the evidence to date.
April 28, 200917 yr Is it me or does anyone else find it comical that Bush supporters actually have such short term memory lapses that they can question Obama's speaking sytle/skill with a straight face? Besides whats a teleprompter have to do with any of the issues? Just more far Right wing negative rhetoric.:deadhorse: When the teleprompter isn't available for Obama he does more then a little hemming and hawing.
April 28, 200917 yr Is it really not possible to have adult debate about the issues, or is it just impossible because you guys are so much more informed than anyone who disagrees with you that you need to talk down to them. Please note the sacarstic tone. I actually thought I was having an adult conversation.:lol: I suppose you don't subscribe to the idea that 15 Time magazine covers in the space of one year amounts to hero worship? Perhaps you rationalize that by saying that Obama was newsworthy. But how do you explain why the editors of the Washingtonian put a bare chested Obama on their cover? What kind of people do you think they were trying to attract? Foreign policy wonks? Have you ever seen the "Obama-girl" videos? Guess not. Clearly, Obama has entered into pop culture status for some. And like many pop culture figures, his pop culture followers show a degree of hero worship, you might even say they idolize him.
April 29, 200917 yr I actually thought I was having an adult conversation.:lol: I suppose you don't subscribe to the idea that 15 Time magazine covers in the space of one year amounts to hero worship? Perhaps you rationalize that by saying that Obama was newsworthy. But how do you explain why the editors of the Washingtonian put a bare chested Obama on their cover? What kind of people do you think they were trying to attract? Foreign policy wonks? Have you ever seen the "Obama-girl" videos? Guess not. Clearly, Obama has entered into pop culture status for some. And like many pop culture figures, his pop culture followers show a degree of hero worship, you might even say they idolize him. I really don't see the problem. We are in hard times, and no one on this planet could provide a quick fix. NO ONE. We don't know if Obama can fix our current problems because he hasn't been on the job long enough. Even if he can't, it doesn't mean he was the wrong choice. There may not be a great solution or a fix that can happen soon. People, especially young people, like Obama, he is young, speaks well, and is up to date on a lot of things, so naturally he is going to get a lot of press. Right or wrong, it is the media, TV, Internet world that we live in.
April 29, 200917 yr It might be that people actually like him so magazines want to sell issues so they put people on the cover to sell. If people didn't like him he would not be on the cover.
April 29, 200917 yr Author It might be that people actually like him so magazines want to sell issues so they put people on the cover to sell. If people didn't like him he would not be on the cover. Depends on how seriously the publication wants to be considered. It's ok for People; not Time, Newsweek or US News and World Report.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.