April 17, 200917 yr We went and saw the dog today. He is precious, very sweet, energetic and great with the kids. They ran and played and they all did great. They had a great history on him. He was with a family that was moving and they had no where to take him. He was around kids and apparently put through the temperament test. He is getting neutered which I hear helps. I will keep you posted. I don't want to say I am disappointed in FF, but I think he made a poor judgment call on getting a dog. I will use that "I told you so" card if needed. He has always wanted a boxer and I guess he felt he was the one. We will see. Just make sure you build a dog house for two!:sssh:
April 17, 200917 yr Author We just got him home. He is doing great. He went right in his crate and he went right to sleep. I will post a pic soon.
April 17, 200917 yr We just got him home. He is doing great. He went right in his crate and he went right to sleep. I will post a pic soon. :thumb:
April 17, 200917 yr We have 2 boxer dogs. The male is 8 yrs and the female is 9 months. Hopefully you have a fenced in yard where he can run because they are very strong dogs to walk on a leash. Our female boxer is still in the puppy stage. but is doing better. They do get hot quickly in the summer. We don't leave our dog's out in the yard so I don't know how they would handle winter.
April 17, 200917 yr IMO, that has to be one of the biggest myths ever when it comes to dogs. I've yet to see a dog calm down because it lost its manhood. BTW, I'm glad you know the history of the dog. And if I told my wife I was bringing home a dog without consulting her, she'd probably take away my manhood. :lol: I don't know...I didn't want to have Lucky neutered, and I put it off for a long time. He kept running away and running away. I was well known in the neighboorhood for walking into people's back yards, and up and down the street calling his name. I had him neutered, and he hasn't run away since. He isn't calm....but he sure is calmER!
April 18, 200917 yr Author I am actually enjoying him So much. His name Is Toby. He is so playful and fun. He has such a personality. He thinks he is human. He constantly wants to be touching us and if we sit on the floor he plops in our laps. I hope I enjoy everyday like this. So far so good.
April 18, 200917 yr I don't know...I didn't want to have Lucky neutered, and I put it off for a long time. He kept running away and running away. I was well known in the neighboorhood for walking into people's back yards, and up and down the street calling his name. I had him neutered, and he hasn't run away since. He isn't calm....but he sure is calmER! He's probably afraid you'll cut something else off next. With my personal experiences, my family has had 4 labs, a cocker spaniel, a rottweiler, and a border collie mix, and none of them got any calmer when their manhood was taken away.
April 18, 200917 yr I am actually enjoying him So much. His name Is Toby. He is so playful and fun. He has such a personality. He thinks he is human. He constantly wants to be touching us and if we sit on the floor he plops in our laps. I hope I enjoy everyday like this. So far so good. Welcome to being a boxer owner. Everything you have just said are all characteristics of boxers. I usually call them an adult puppy because they act like puppies. They are so much fun. ENJOY.
April 18, 200917 yr IMO, that has to be one of the biggest myths ever when it comes to dogs. I've yet to see a dog calm down because it lost its manhood. BTW, I'm glad you know the history of the dog. And if I told my wife I was bringing home a dog without consulting her, she'd probably take away my manhood. :lol: Well, I can't speak for dogs, but I know that I have calmed down a bunch since the "procedure". All I want to do now is lay on the porch and bark.
April 18, 200917 yr Do you lay in people's laps^^^^? I hated seeing this post and I've read it everyday. I surprised my family with a 5 week puppy Boxer. Mama wasn't a dog (cat) person. He was a great dog and I researched his breed and came up witht he Boxer. He jumped up on our 4 year old and scratched his face. Huge, long, red...she went nuts. I gave him to a guy and til this day I've hated that move. Mama realized she over reacted and that the dog was trying to love on the child. It was my fault for not watching him. This happened just once and his paw just hit just right. Later we would ride by and watch from our car and see this dog. I will get another one and Ms.FF don't over react. We have tape of him as a pup....
April 19, 200917 yr Author Do you lay in people's laps^^^^? I hated seeing this post and I've read it everyday. I surprised my family with a 5 week puppy Boxer. Mama wasn't a dog (cat) person. He was a great dog and I researched his breed and came up witht he Boxer. He jumped up on our 4 year old and scratched his face. Huge, long, red...she went nuts. I gave him to a guy and til this day I've hated that move. Mama realized she over reacted and that the dog was trying to love on the child. It was my fault for not watching him. This happened just once and his paw just hit just right. Later we would ride by and watch from our car and see this dog. I will get another one and Ms.FF don't over react. We have tape of him as a pup.... AWWWW. I have all ready told FF I forgive him. I think so far it's the best decision. He fits right in with us. He is always trying to love on us and our kids. I am so in love with him. I think we are boxer owners for life. Amazing how a dog can make such an impression on you. We never connected like this with our Golden.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.