Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bad day to be a Memphis Fan

Featured Replies

Memphis will be fine. I think they will land another good coach.

 

I agree...And I for one wish them well...:thumb:

If they were willing to get into a bidding war with UK, rest assured they will get somebody good.

 

Truthfully, I wish the SEC would invite them to join. I really wish they were in the BEast so they can be joined back up with UofL, but that's not really feasible with how many schools are already in the BEast. I can't stand Memphis St., for the obvious UofL rivalry reasons, but they didn't deserve to be left behind like that.

 

 

I absolutely agree with everything you say here.

 

Can you imagine the rivalry between UK and Memphis if this happened? :lol: Y'all think LOUISVILLE fans are bad.....:ohbrother:

I would love to see Memphis, TX and/or Louisville in the SEC.

 

 

Sorry...Louisville is part of the best conference right now, and I know it was a goal. I think they're staying in the Big East.

I think they're staying in the Big East.

 

Oh yeah...they aren't leaving at all.

 

To get a little back to the player who is entering the draft...Where do you see Evans getting drafted?

Oh yeah...they aren't leaving at all.

 

To get a little back to the player who is entering the draft...Where do you see Evans getting drafted?

 

Probably pretty high ecspecialy if he can improve his jumpshot

Is there any chance Billy G...Ends up at Memphis State? I say zero But...:confused:

Anybody see on ESPN Evans' quote that said "Coach leaving is what did it for me?" Something to that effect. I don't think he was staying even if Cal stayed, but gives him all the more reason to go in the draft. I would sure welcome him at UK though !!!

If they were willing to get into a bidding war with UK, rest assured they will get somebody good.

 

Truthfully, I wish the SEC would invite them to join. I really wish they were in the BEast so they can be joined back up with UofL, but that's not really feasible with how many schools are already in the BEast. I can't stand Memphis St., for the obvious UofL rivalry reasons, but they didn't deserve to be left behind like that.

I agree. I never understood why Memphis got left behind when the BCS leagues raided C-USA a few years ago. They're truly a major program in league that is otherwise (aside from UAB, maybe) treading water to maintain above mid-major status.
Is there any chance Billy G...Ends up at Memphis State? I say zero But...:confused:

 

Below zero. BCG will have to do some major backtracking and work his way back up to that level.

If they were willing to get into a bidding war with UK, rest assured they will get somebody good.

 

Truthfully, I wish the SEC would invite them to join. I really wish they were in the BEast so they can be joined back up with UofL, but that's not really feasible with how many schools are already in the BEast. I can't stand Memphis St., for the obvious UofL rivalry reasons, but they didn't deserve to be left behind like that.

 

:thumb:

 

Congrats to Kentucky for getting our coach. He did a great job in Memphis. I just got back from there tonight and although everyone I talked to wishes him well, they are indeed very sad. He will do a great job at Kentucky and restore the program to greatness I am sure.

 

I am not sure what Memphis will do, but they may need to follow the same script as when Coach Cal came and look for an NBA coach who can lure NBA caliber players. As you posted, Memphis has not been blessed with the league affiliation of the SEC, Big Ten, Big East etc. They are in no-mans land geographically, and the SEC, with Oxford only 80 miles away and Tennessee in the same state have never seen fit to allow Memphis to join.

 

There are those who want to knock U. Memphis because of sports rivalries, and that is understood, but it is a great school, and a source of pride for the city.

 

Those who knock sports programs at schools only have to look at the Memphis example and what the basketball program there has done for the psychie of the University and the city and they may have a different opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.