Morehead State vs. Alabama State (Play in game)

BigBlueFreak

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the play-in game should be from the 34 at-large berths. Why should two automatic bids have to participate in the play-in game? They won their play in by winning their conference tournament title. I am more and more for the mid majors and the smaller D1 schools. Morehead and Alabama State were shafted almost as much as St. Mary's. Of the 65 teams selected, I think Arizona and Maryland would be a good play-in game for the 64th spot.

I think the play-in game should be from the 34 at-large berths. Why should two automatic bids have to participate in the play-in game? They won their play in by winning their conference tournament title. I am more and more for the mid majors and the smaller D1 schools. Morehead and Alabama State were shafted almost as much as St. Mary's. Of the 65 teams selected, I think Arizona and Maryland would be a good play-in game for the 64th spot.

I have never really thought of it that way, but you have some nice points :thumb:

At the very least, they should put the two worst RPI's in the play-in game. Morehead scheduled a very difficult out of conference schedule and they have a top 150 RPI. That should be consdered, IMO.

That being said, I'm very happy that they'll get national tv exposure Tuesday night and will have a game that they can win.

Morehead is where they are (play-in game) because the OVC was an absolute joke of a conference and proved it on Bracket Buster Saturday. I am not sure how telling the RPI is for teams rated as low as Morehead and Alabama State are. Each played some tough OOC games, but lost them all. Alabama State had a couple of close games with some SEC foes. Morehead got beat pretty well in their biggest tests of the season.

They did feature a common opponent in Grambling State. Morehead lost by a point. Alabama State beat them by 14 and by 7.

Let's go Eagles!!!!!

Morehead is where they are (play-in game) because the OVC was an absolute joke of a conference and proved it on Bracket Buster Saturday. I am not sure how telling the RPI is for teams rated as low as Morehead and Alabama State are. Each played some tough OOC games, but lost them all. Alabama State had a couple of close games with some SEC foes. Morehead got beat pretty well in their biggest tests of the season.

They did feature a common opponent in Grambling State. Morehead lost by a point. Alabama State beat them by 14 and by 7.

Let's go Eagles!!!!!

I understand their poor conference and the like but the fact is they won their conference tournament and has an automatic bid. Why should automatic bids play in? At-large berths should play in. IMO.

I understand their poor conference and the like but the fact is they won their conference tournament and has an automatic bid. Why should automatic bids play in? At-large berths should play in. IMO.

I am not saying I disagree with you, but that is a totally different debate. Feel free to start a thread regarding that subject.