Which School Will Bring the Biggest Fan Base?

Its a mutual agreement between Mason County and Rupp Arena officials, we embrace each other. Rupp loves when Mason County represents:thumb:

And you just made my point. Why doesn't Mason embrace their own brethren in the 10th region when they host a tourney? :confused:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW did anyone notice that not one single person has answered my question? Seems the HS students at some of the schools just don't hold the importance that the adults do.

Theoldguy stands on his soapbox

I always thought HS sports where first and foremost for the High School students, and only after the all the students are taken care of, do you allow the adults to enter. The sections behind the baskets at Rupp should be nothing but students, and only after each and every student of the school has sat in his seat should an adult sit there. No High School student from one of the teams playing on the court should be sitting up in the upper decks while an adults sits behind the basket. Adults had their turn when they were in HS, now it is the turn of the kids!Getting down from the soapbox....

I agree with you but Elliott County wouldn't have a crowd if this was the case. Us adults have to come out in numbers and support our team because it is a very small school. You have got to remember that this is wht makes this tournament so great because we don't have the luxuries of the big student bodies as most classes in Kentucky have.

Let me put the question another way. I drove 5 hours (round trip) to 30 games and watched my team ELLIOTT COUNTY play. How many teams have a fan that matches that?? Probably none........

Edited by Lion Mania
Wrong spelling/grammer

Grayson County, Bowling Green, & Anderson County will probably have big crowds (especially students) since neither have been in awhile. I remember Grayson's last trip, and they had a large following for that game (Patrick Sparks' senior year of HS).

Elliott County and/or Mason County will probably have the most overall. Corbin and Shelby Valley should bring quite a few.

Don't know about West Jessamine, they're a wild-card; if I were guessing, they'll have a pretty sizable number though.

I agree with you but Elliott County wouldn't have a crowd if this was the case. Us adults have to come out in numbers and support our team because it is a very small school. You have got to remember that this is wht makes this tournament so great because we don't have the luxuries of the big student bodies as most classes in Kentucky have.

I do understand what you are saying and that is why I said the highest percentage of students attending. If Elliott has 300/400 students how many will show? How many of them will be sitting in the upper deck at Rupp? I know that in the case of Mason (as been reported) some of the Mason students are put in the upper deck while the adults sit in the pep section. That is just plain wrong.....

If students came to games during the regular season ect they should at least be included in the lower arena. If they never been to a game all year and are just looking for a day or two out of school, then they should not get first choice of tickets. IMO they should go to those who supported the team first, students first, family of the players and then others who have supported the team through the year. JMO.

There will be a lot more fans coming from NKY than I thought. I have spoken and have received calls from a lot of people who said they will be attending. Holmes will be in full force. Huge crowd if in finals.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

Grayson Co had a huge crowd yesterday. Orange everywhere. Lower arena and upper deck filled . Was suprised they brought such a large following.

Central had the smallest crowd that I saw in the games yesterday.

West Jessamine also had a very good crowd, as did Corbin.

The atmosphere at the Sweet 16 is what makes the tournament special. I live in Tennessee but attend the Sweet 16 every year. Also, I've attended the state tournament in Tennessee and there is no comparsion. Attendance, emotion, school support way better at the Sweet 16. The state championship games in tennessee may draw 5000 at best. Sweet 16 will draw 15000 for an opening round game. But I will say that the talent level from the Memphis schools are better than Region 7 & 11 the so called power regions in Kentucky. I will be in Rupp Saturday to watch the greatest show in HOOPS! God Bless!

If you go by fan to population ratio, I would have to go with Elliott, but I dont think that is the way it works. All I know is someone needs to stay in Sandy Hook tonight to guard things while the rest of the county is at the game. GO LIONS

Edited by 16thregionfan
spelling

BTW did anyone notice that not one single person has answered my question? Seems the HS students at some of the schools just don't hold the importance that the adults do.

Theoldguy stands on his soapbox

I always thought HS sports where first and foremost for the High School students, and only after the all the students are taken care of, do you allow the adults to enter. The sections behind the baskets at Rupp should be nothing but students, and only after each and every student of the school has sat in his seat should an adult sit there. No High School student from one of the teams playing on the court should be sitting up in the upper decks while an adults sits behind the basket. Adults had their turn when they were in HS, now it is the turn of the kids!

Getting down from the soapbox....

Eh, the kids are too busy texting each other to be bothered with something such as a ballgame.

Grayson Co had a huge crowd yesterday. Orange everywhere. Lower arena and upper deck filled . Was suprised they brought such a large following.

Central had the smallest crowd that I saw in the games yesterday.

West Jessamine also had a very good crowd, as did Corbin.

I was very impressed with the numbers that turned out for Grayson Co.