Which School Will Bring the Biggest Fan Base?

BTW did anyone notice that not one single person has answered my question? Seems the HS students at some of the schools just don't hold the importance that the adults do.

Theoldguy stands on his soapbox

I always thought HS sports where first and foremost for the High School students, and only after the all the students are taken care of, do you allow the adults to enter. The sections behind the baskets at Rupp should be nothing but students, and only after each and every student of the school has sat in his seat should an adult sit there. No High School student from one of the teams playing on the court should be sitting up in the upper decks while an adults sits behind the basket. Adults had their turn when they were in HS, now it is the turn of the kids!

Getting down from the soapbox....

Agreed!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elliott does not have a huge student section. Take away the basketball team, the cheerleaders, and the band--the school's student population drops by 50 or so. Not many students = not a huge student section.

Adults seem to do thier part though.

Theoldguy:

"No High School student from one of the teams playing on the court should be sitting up in the upper decks while an adults sits behind the basket. Adults had their turn when they were in HS, now it is the turn of the kids!"

AGREE AS WELL!

Not so sure if it will hurt the Mason County fan base, but it will affect one fan of Mason County... Wait he isn't a fan of MC or is he? I guess only his barber knows for sure! :clap:

Again who will have the largest percentage of HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS, attending the games.

We all know that MC and Elliott will have tons of adults, but how large of a student population will show up and will the adults allow the students to sit in the student section along with the band and cheerleaders or will it be a sea of adults in those seats!

The Mason County students are at the games. It has more to do with how the tickets are distributed. I have been to all the Mason County games at Rupp over the last 9 trips. I can tell you from experience as a Mason County graduate that the students do no get all the best seats for Rupp. Most schools allow the students to take up many of the front rows of the Pep section, but not at Mason County. Several years I and many other students had to set in the Upper arena for the opening round game.

Well then, I choose Clark County. Oops!!! Sorry

:irked: Wow, a newbie with all of eight post and only one month on BGP's, tries to make a funny, at the expense of a class act like Goldie! :eyeonyou:

Trust me, you aren't even close to being the kings of kings.....and you did notice, I used lower case lettering.....:ohbrother:

The Mason County students are at the games. It has more to do with how the tickets are distributed. I have been to all the Mason County games at Rupp over the last 9 trips. I can tell you from experience as a Mason County graduate that the students do no get all the best seats for Rupp. Most schools allow the students to take up many of the front rows of the Pep section, but not at Mason County. Several years I and many other students had to set in the Upper arena for the opening round game.

And do you think that is fair?

I spoke to a lot of MC students a couple of years ago and they couldn't believe how all the other schools allowed the students to have the student section seats but not a MC as you said. There is no reason for any adult to be sitting in the student section while students sit in the upper deck.

:irked: Wow, a newbie with all of eight post and only one month on BGP's, tries to make a funny, at the expense of a class act like Goldie! :eyeonyou:

Trust me, you aren't even close to being the kings of kings.....and you did notice, I used lower case lettering.....:ohbrother:

She took a stab at Mason fans, so I took a stab back. Also, I was a member of BGP several years ago, just rejoined.

And do you think that is fair?

I spoke to a lot of MC students a couple of years ago and they couldn't believe how all the other schools allowed the students to have the student section seats but not a MC as you said. There is no reason for any adult to be sitting in the student section while students sit in the upper deck.

My thoughts exactly. I attend every Mason game possible, road games and away. But when it comes to State Tourney time, you will see Mason fans that have not attended a game all year, but are sitting in the premium pep section seats. This should be about the basketball players and students, no alumni and faculty.

Hey, I am not trying to be arrogant with the nickname. When I was signing up I decided to use a new name and asked my six year old son for a suggestion. He is a big wrestling fan and loves HHH. He thought it would be cool to use this as a sign on name.

I am sure Gold Sunrise is a nice person. It just upsets me when all Mason County fans are stereotyped due to the actions or comments of a selected few. Hey there is a definite big time rivalry between Mason and Clark, but not all Mason fans are jerks. Sorry if a struck a bad nerve.

Hey, I am not trying to be arrogant with the nickname. When I was signing up I decided to use a new name and asked my six year old son for a suggestion. He is a big wrestling fan and loves HHH. He thought it would be cool to use this as a sign on name.

I am sure Gold Sunrise is a nice person. It just upsets me when all Mason County fans are stereotyped due to the actions or comments of a selected few. Hey there is a definite big time rivalry between Mason and Clark, but not all Mason fans are jerks. Sorry if a struck a bad nerve.

Yes, she is.

Me, too. Heck, we still get grief over some kind of tournament party that was planned by a (very) few fans (not the school) two years ago. I choose not to bring up similar stories about other 10th Region teams. High road is my middle name.

Actually, I don't think the percentage of Mason County jerks is statistically any higher than that of any other county/school. It's just that Mason County has a LOT of vocal fans, so the law of averages dictates that a couple of them might come off as a bit imperious.

Yes, there is. I chose purple for this one because that's what you get when you mix blue and red. Clark got Mason two years ago, Mason County has gotten payback the last two years. 6 Sweet Sixteen trips out of 8 for Mason County is awfully sweet. Regular-season wins are nice, but tourney wins are what it's all about.

On a related note, there's lots of speculation that Clark County will be moved to the 11th Region for the 2011 season, and that maybe Montgomery County will go to the 16th. Some nice rivalries would lose their luster should this take place, in the opinion of this casual fan.

Thank you.

If "jerk" is the worst thing I'm called this week, I figure I'm getting off easy.

Could you imagine 2011 State Tourney with a Mason/Clark state final. It could possibly happen if the re-alignment gets passed. Just fair warning 2 years in advance, BGP would be crazy if these two teams would be in finals for all the marbles.

With all the complains of the BKO of high food prices, high ticket prices, rude ushers, start time of games, and parking this may hurt the Mason crowd .:D
Its a mutual agreement between Mason County and Rupp Arena officials, we embrace each other. Rupp loves when Mason County represents:thumb: