Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lake Kelly passes

Featured Replies

I certainly don't want to pass on bad information, but I received word this morning that former Austin Peay, UK Assistant, Clark County and Fleming County coach Lake Kelly passed away last night.

 

Coach Kelly was a true professional in the coaching ranks and one of the most noted defensive geniuses in coaching.

 

He will be missed.

One of the truly great coaches I have ever seen.

Lake has always been a good friend of mine. I got to know him when he was coaching at Clark Co and got to know him a lot better when he moved back to Fleming Co. He has a great history in coaching at all levels.

I listened to Coach Kelly speak at a coach's clinic a few years ago. It was unbelievable to listen to him explain his defensive schemes. There were some high profile coaches at that clinic that were taking notes and asking questions.

Lake Kelly was a talented coach, respected by many across the state of Kentucky and around the country. Prayers go out from Mason County to his family.

Was it his grandson (Drew Kelly) that played in the King of Bluegrass that scored all them points?

One great person will be missed. Lake was always a gentleman and personable to everyone that he came in contact with. I got to know him while at Clark County and his coaching record speaks volume.

He was one of the best defensive coaches around. He and his family are great people and our prayers go out to the Kelly family.

Lake Kelly was one of the many "faces of the 10th Region" when we (Brossart) joined the region back in 1996. He coached the Fleming County Panthers to victory against our Mustangs in the 1998 10th Region Championship game.

 

He was always a soft, spoken gentleman, who appreciated good basketball.

 

He will be missed.

This news has truly saddened me this morning. I have so many wonderful Fleming County basketball memories during Coach Kellys tenure. He was a great coach. I always said he had forgotten more about basketball than most people knew. He will truly be missed.

Man could flat out coach and loved the way he emphasized defense.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.