Proposed Trade: Billy Gillispie for Darrin Horn

strongopenyon

Like him or not, Eddie Sutton is one of the better coaches in college basketball history. His record bears that out. If Billy Gillispie's career record comes close to Sutton's, he should be proud of himself.

Thats not the point.

strongopenyon keeps saying its NOT about wins/losses. I can't see a reason to like Sutton OTHER than wins/losses.

So, again, if its not about the record, how do you like Sutton?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I liked all the former UK coaches including Eddie Sutton. In fact, one of my favorite UK teams was Eddie Sutton's first team in 1985-86

I honestly thought that this year's team had the ingredients to play the same type style that that team did, but I was wrong.

Because this years team was so close to many of the talented UK teams of the past...

Let me again say what you quoted me in entry #102 of this thread above.

It is not about winning or losing the South Carolina game. If Billy Clyde was winning 90% of his games at Kentucky, I still think he is not the right man for the UK basketball job.

I like Eddie Sutton because he is/was one of the great coaches in NCAA history. Just look at his record.

This thread is about hypothetically trading Billy Clyde for Darrin Horn which I would do in a New York second!!!!!

Because this years team was so close to many of the talented UK teams of the past...

I would think that there are a bunch of college head coaches who would love to have the talent that Kentucky does this season.

The Wildcats have two of, arguably, the top 15 players in the country. Don't kid yourself that UK does not have the talent to be achieving at a much higher level this season.

Let me again say what you quoted me in entry #102 of this thread above.

It is not about winning or losing the South Carolina game. If Billy Clyde was winning 90% of his games at Kentucky, I still think he is not the right man for the UK basketball job.

I like Eddie Sutton because he is/was one of the great coaches in NCAA history. Just look at his record.

This thread is about hypothetically trading Billy Clyde for Darrin Horn which I would do in a New York second!!!!!

You like Eddie Sutton, but hate Billy Gillispie. Why do you hate Billy Gillisipie?? Off the court issues according to you. Why do you like Eddie Sutton?? He won ball games. If Gillispie were to win ball games, would you like him?? No, its not about winning to you. Did Eddie Sutton have a checkered life-style more questionable then that of Coach Gillispies?? Absolutely....Yet, you like him...AGENDA strikes again.

I would think that there are a bunch of college head coaches who would love to have the talent that Kentucky does this season.

The Wildcats have two of, arguably, the top 15 players in the country. Don't kid yourself that UK does not have the talent to be achieving at a much higher level this season.

Jodie turns it over too much. We may have 2 of the top players in the country (Jodie Meeks is iffy), but we really only have TEN scholarship players to work with. Pilgrim is sitting out, Williams is sitting out, Jared Carter is Jared Carter. Then we have AJ Stewart who is terrible, Josh Harrelson who is slow and weak, D. Liggins who is not smart, P. Stevenson who can't rebound, Miller the Freshman, Michael Porter the turnover machine, and Ramon Harris the can't dribble or shoot all star. That leaves Galloway, Meeks, and Patterson. Meeks the turnover machine, Galloway the non defense player and Patterson the beast. This team is not talented.

If Billy Clyde was winning 90% of his games at Kentucky, I still think he is not the right man for the UK basketball job.

:ohbrother: :isurrender:

Jodie turns it over too much. We may have 2 of the top players in the country (Jodie Meeks is iffy), but we really only have TEN scholarship players to work with. Pilgrim is sitting out, Williams is sitting out, Jared Carter is Jared Carter. Then we have AJ Stewart who is terrible, Josh Harrelson who is slow and weak, D. Liggins who is not smart, P. Stevenson who can't rebound, Miller the Freshman, Michael Porter the turnover machine, and Ramon Harris the can't dribble or shoot all star. That leaves Galloway, Meeks, and Patterson. Meeks the turnover machine, Galloway the non defense player and Patterson the beast. This team is not talented.

I got a chuckle over some of your critiques, but I would say there are a bunch of college coaches who are winning big this season who would die to coach this talent.

Billy Clyde ought to get coach of the year for winning 19 games with these players! Does he have your vote?

You like Eddie Sutton, but hate Billy Gillispie. Why do you hate Billy Gillisipie?? Off the court issues according to you. Why do you like Eddie Sutton?? He won ball games. If Gillispie were to win ball games, would you like him?? No, its not about winning to you. Did Eddie Sutton have a checkered life-style more questionable then that of Coach Gillispies?? Absolutely....Yet, you like him...AGENDA strikes again.

Don't put words in my mouth! I do not hate Billy Gillispie. I wish him not to be UK's coach. It is my opinion. You have one too. Let's sit back and watch it play out because I have a feeling it will play out soon.

Eddie Sutton's checkered life-style? The man is an admitted alcoholic......just how checkered is that?

Edited by strongopenyon

Don't put words in my mouth! I do not hate Billy Gillispie. I wish him not to be UK's coach. It is my opinion. You have one too. Let's sit back and watch it play out because I have a feeling it will play out soon.

Eddie Sutton's checkered life-style? The man is an alcoholic......just how checkered is that?

Who??

I got a chuckle over some of your critiques, but I would say there are a bunch of college coaches who are winning big this season who would die to coach this talent.

Billy Clyde ought to get coach of the year for winning 19 games with these players! Does he have your vote?

No, he does not have my vote. But he doesn't have a full roster of talented players to work with either. What exactly was wrong about any of my critiques of the players that made you chuckle?

Eddie Sutton's checkered life-style? The man is an admitted alcoholic......just how checkered is that?

It wouldn't be that checkered if he was JUST an alcoholic...He got caught cheating and almost cost the University its basketball program. How ANY UK fan can like the man for ruining Kentucky Basketball is beyond me.

It wouldn't be that checkered if he was JUST an alcoholic...He got caught cheating and almost cost the University its basketball program. How ANY UK fan can like the man for ruining Kentucky Basketball is beyond me.

The operative word here is "caught".