Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Media Mock Selection Committee

Featured Replies

How is Duke and Clemson 2 seeds, and Kansas a 4?

  • Replies 55
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It isn't really about selling tickets, that is the draw. It is the other intangibles, such as hotels, restaraunts, souveniors, tourism, etc. Those things UK fans will do if for example the game is in Jacksonville, where as if IUPIU goes down to Jacksonville instead very few fans will be there but the games will still be sold out, just not to the traveling fan and these host cities wants the traveling fan so their economy will be $$$$$$$$$$$$$RICHER. I'd say ticket sales are almost a non issue in revenue but ads and sposnorships from this cities is where the money is and these cities want traveling fans. PERIOD. I can't imagine a situation where UK would be left out of the 65 teams unless they just go on two or three losing streaks and I don't see it happening.

 

Like I said before, if the NCAA supposedly favored the UKs of the world, then why have so many mid-major received bids over the last few years? All 8 schools at a site will have their block of 1500 or 2000 fans that are given to the schools. So, they have a large number of traveling fans regardless of who is there. The majority of the other tickets are taken by locals. The group I go with to these games order their tickets in May and they are rarely good seats (usually in the upper half of the arena and/or behind the basket). It's not a situation like a bowl game where a team can bring in 20,000 fans. Again, it's a non-factor for the selection committee.

Even though it "does not happen" according to the powers that be, I can see the group wanting a UK/UMinn matchup and a UC/WV matchup for rating purposes, if it was at all possible....

 

That can't happen. The earliest conference teams can meet would be the Sweet 16 provided a conference would get 9 teams in.

Like I said before, if the NCAA supposedly favored the UKs of the world, then why have so many mid-major received bids over the last few years? All 8 schools at a site will have their block of 1500 or 2000 fans that are given to the schools. So, they have a large number of traveling fans regardless of who is there. The majority of the other tickets are taken by locals. The group I go with to these games order their tickets in May and they are rarely good seats (usually in the upper half of the arena and/or behind the basket). It's not a situation like a bowl game where a team can bring in 20,000 fans. Again, it's a non-factor for the selection committee.

I thought I remembered hearing it was because of all the mid-major ADs on the selection committee.

Team's fans don't know where their teams are going until after the selection show.

The powers that be can dictate who goes where and knows who will bring a crowd. They also know, as 3wishes says, who will fill the town up.

Like I said before, if the NCAA supposedly favored the UKs of the world, then why have so many mid-major received bids over the last few years? All 8 schools at a site will have their block of 1500 or 2000 fans that are given to the schools. So, they have a large number of traveling fans regardless of who is there. The majority of the other tickets are taken by locals. The group I go with to these games order their tickets in May and they are rarely good seats (usually in the upper half of the arena and/or behind the basket). It's not a situation like a bowl game where a team can bring in 20,000 fans. Again, it's a non-factor for the selection committee.

 

Um wrong, UK takes thousands of fans to Indy for the first two rounds when they go there. I'd say 15,000 is a fair guess. Obviously the bigger arena the more seats, but UK fills up the city's hotels, bars, and the dome.

Um wrong, UK takes thousands of fans to Indy for the first two rounds when they go there. I'd say 15,000 is a fair guess. Obviously the bigger arena the more seats, but UK fills up the city's hotels, bars, and the dome.

 

I already said that--the only place that it matters is a dome. How many times has UK been at Indy? Only once that I can remember. So, again, if this theory was correct, UK would be at Indy every year they are in the tournament. I'm not saying UK doesn't bring fans, I'm saying it doesn't matter if they're there or not because the tickets will sell; therefore, there is no bias by the committee in this regard.

I already said that--the only place that it matters is a dome. How many times has UK been at Indy? Only once that I can remember. So, again, if this theory was correct, UK would be at Indy every year they are in the tournament. I'm not saying UK doesn't bring fans, I'm saying it doesn't matter if they're there or not because the tickets will sell; therefore, there is no bias by the committee in this regard.

 

Sorry I missed where you pointed out about a dome.

 

It matters in any arena where there are more than 12,000 seats IMO. Another point the first two rounds are in Indy more now than they were even a few years ago. I doubt they would send UK there as a 6 seed or lower, but I would guess the NCAA and the city of Indy would love to see UK and Illinois there as much as possible.

I just dont see Gtown making it.

 

Georgetown in as a 10 seed is all you need to know about this bracket.

Media mock bracket. I guess that's why they let people that really understand the game do the seating.

Media mock bracket. I guess that's why they let people that really understand the game do the seating.

 

Or seeding. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.