Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Selig may reinstate Aaron's record

Featured Replies

Bad precedent IMO

I hate Selig, but I certainly support this. 755 non-steroid HR's beats 762 steroid-aided HR's in my book any day of the week.

Bad precedent IMO

 

I don't think it's practical, nor do I think it will actually happen, but I am for it nonetheless. Bonds is being rewarded for cheating and then lying about his cheating. It really does put Aaron's greatness in perspective.

Selig may be the worst crisis manager of all time. Selig is basically operating a car and got stuck going the wrong way down an interstate and he refuses to look for a safer route. Shut up, let it be, and go on.

 

I was reading some of the comments from the message board at the bottom of the article and the first one I read sums it up best, "This is breaking Selig's heart. Sure. But he sure loved the McGuire/Sosa homerun derby and Bonds popping them out in his forties. He knew what was going on but it put fans in the seats."

For the record, I am not opposed to this as long the punishment is the same for every single player. From Bonds, to McGwire, to Andy Pettite.

Selig and the owners allowed this stuff to happen. They knew it was going on but didn't want to bite the bullet and take the PR hit when it came out that some of the game's biggest stars were juiced.

 

Now he wants to retroactively do something about it, because he thinks it's to his PR advantage.

This is a poor effort and would be the worst decision in the history of MLB. Just my opinion.

I hate Selig, but I certainly support this. 755 non-steroid HR's beats 762 steroid-aided HR's in my book any day of the week.

 

Selig may be the worst crisis manager of all time. Selig is basically operating a car and got stuck going the wrong way down an interstate and he refuses to look for a safer route. Shut up, let it be, and go on.

 

I was reading some of the comments from the message board at the bottom of the article and the first one I read sums it up best, "This is breaking Selig's heart. Sure. But he sure loved the McGuire/Sosa homerun derby and Bonds popping them out in his forties. He knew what was going on but it put fans in the seats."

 

Selig and the owners allowed this stuff to happen. They knew it was going on but didn't want to bite the bullet and take the PR hit when it came out that some of the game's biggest stars were juiced.

 

Now he wants to retroactively do something about it, because he thinks it's to his PR advantage.

 

:thumb:

  • Author
This is a poor effort and would be the worst decision in the history of MLB. Just my opinion.

 

 

Worse than letting the players use steroids in the first place? Worse than not allowing African Americans to play for all those years?

I know it will not happen, but I am in support of it. I would even go as far as erasing the statistics of those players that have been caught using, or lied about using steroids.

Baseball is has turned into a 13 year old girl... Drama Queen!:eyeonyou:

Baseball is has turned into a 13 year old girl... Drama Queen!:eyeonyou:

 

Certainly helped to turn me away from the game over the past couple of years.

Baseball is has turned into a 13 year old girl... Drama Queen!:eyeonyou:

 

Certainly helped to turn me away from the game over the past couple of years.

 

 

Maybe it will get more women interested in the sport. :lol:

I do not like Selig AT ALL. He is a moran and is acting like an idiot trying to do this and puish ARod. He is going to hurt his cause rather than help it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.