Greenup County 58 Fairview 55

Why would any coach use these forums as anything pertinent to the kids or the game? I know that some coaches have printed off comments and posted them in locker rooms for motivation, but I have never heard of a coach seeking out a poster to make comments. Sorry about your experience, Duck. Keep on posting, I love reading your thoughts.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, want to congratulate the kids at Greenup. I have also stated that they have the 2nd best talented team in the Region and I hope this means they'll start playing like it. IF they do, they'll be playing deep into the Regional tourney. At that point, who knows what could happen?

Why would any coach use these forums as anything pertinent to the kids or the game? I know that some coaches have printed off comments and posted them in locker rooms for motivation, but I have never heard of a coach seeking out a poster to make comments. Sorry about your experience, Duck. Keep on posting, I love reading your thoughts.

Nor have I.:confused: :p

Like water off a Duck's back. I just hated it for the kids that saw and heard him act in that manner.

Like water off a Duck's back. I just hated it for the kids that saw and heard him act in that manner.

I thought it might have been a joke at first about Coach Fraley, but I guess not. :eek: Although he seems to be pretty fire up as of late about basketball.

Duck, I'm not defending Coach Fraley here, but it's not been a secret by any stretch that you didn't actually approve of him as coach and you've made it known in this forum. Just saying......

Duck, I'm not defending Coach Fraley here, but it's not been a secret by any stretch that you didn't actually approve of him as coach and you've made it known in this forum. Just saying......

You are correct on this point but that should have no bearing on his actions after the game in a public setting. Like I stated earlier, his words were water off the Duck's back to me but many kids witnessed his behavior.

If he has a problem with me, all he has to do is call and set up a luncheon after the season to voice his concerns in private. I'll buy or pack a big picnic lunch.:D

Now, back to the thread.:popcorn:

I think the Muskies have a fine group of kids. However, I'll be pulling for the Devils @ the Texas Death Match in the first round of districts.

The Eagles will try to bounce back tonight against Boyd County and Friday @ East Carter.

Well, I'll defend Coach Fraley. I find nothing wrong with him confronting someone face to face about comments made while one is hiding behind the anonymity of BGP.

When a mosquito continually pecks at someone, sooner of later that someone will brush away the mosquito.

Most coaches read BGP but at least Coach Fraley has guts enough to admit it and to react accordingly.

I'd give this decision to Coach Fraley.

I take nothing away from the players' win. However, for Coach Fraley to seek me out after the game to say, "Go post that on Bluegrass Preps, Duck", shows very poor sportsmanship and sets a poor example for his team. I suppose it should be expected.:idunno:
If that's an exact quote, it sounds to me like Coach Fraley was just eager to share his team's good fortune with the fans in BGPland, and knew who he could count on to get the word out... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great game by the Muskies... Fairview's a tall order in the 16th. :thumb:

Well, I'll defend Coach Fraley. I find nothing wrong with him confronting someone face to face about comments made while one is hiding behind the anonymity of BGP.

When a mosquito continually pecks at someone, sooner of later that someone will brush away the mosquito.

Most coaches read BGP but at least Coach Fraley has guts enough to admit it and to react accordingly.

I'd give this decision to Coach Fraley.

Why does he care so much about what we say on here? Seriously worry about your team and quit stressing over posts made by us. Get over it and coach.

Edited by spindoc

As I recall, Coupon wasn't a big fan either. Call it what you like, but Fraley hasn't left in the middle of the season. Didn't try to implement a trackmeet uptempo offense and get run out of the gym. He hasn't had any court dates due to alleged improprieties and notorious battles hashed out in the local paper. Frankly, like him or hate him, I think he's been an upgrade.

Good game from what I heard from those in attendence. Good atmosphere.

As I recall, Coupon wasn't a big fan either. Call it what you like, but Fraley hasn't left in the middle of the season. Didn't try to implement a trackmeet uptempo offense and get run out of the gym. He hasn't had any court dates due to alleged improprieties and notorious battles hashed out in the local paper. Frankly, like him or hate him, I think he's been an upgrade.

Good game from what I heard from those in attendence. Good atmosphere.

My not being a big fan has nothing to do with the numerous comments he has made to his team and in front of his team about me or any other BGP poster, I just honestly cant believe how much it bothers him. As for the rest of your post, I agree with you, he has been an upgrade from all the drama before, I have said many times I hope he is the right man for the job. Nothing makes me happier than a GC win.

Duck, you are going to let one person, who you don't like anyway, influence weather you are a member of BGP or not? Come on, that is not what I would expect from you. You seem like a strong willed, self motivated, in control type of person. There are bad days, and their are good days, and I would say that the good days will out number the bad by a mile. I would never let a person influence my personal life with one comment, and I would have not thought that you would have either.

Who wins, Duck or Coach Fraley?