Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

George Rogers Clark 56 Mason County 55

Featured Replies

I'll agree this game was poorly officiated but at the end when he turned to shoot he got him on the arm and with his body sliding over. I agree it is easy for people of each team to have there opinions but like said before that call should never have needed to be called. Mason missed a lot of FT's down the stretch and that's what cost them the game.

 

I just watched the video of the end of the game, there is def contact by #43 Keith Downing! It was a close call but from watching the video over and over there is def contact there.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 17.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the video of the end of the game, there is def contact by #43 Keith Downing! It was a close call but from watching the video over and over there is def contact there.

 

I was not at the game, but was there enough contact to warrant a foul being called at the end of the game?

I was not at the game, but was there enough contact to warrant a foul being called at the end of the game?

 

In my opinion yes he was fouled.

I was not at the game, but was there enough contact to warrant a foul being called at the end of the game?

 

Most certainly, and I give props to the official for not swallowing his whistle in the final seconds like most refs would have done.

 

Fieldhouse.... Middleton got his flop in on a three as well so you can't go there.

 

And for those fans that think it was a bad call, ok if you want to go with that then it shouldnt have came to it. The play before that could have easily been called a charge on Middleton driving to the basket, instead it was a block and 2 free throws. Both teams got favorable calls late in the game.

Congrats to Goldie and her Cards!! :ylsuper::thumb:

 

To beat Mason Co without Rogers says a lot about this team's character and how good they can truly be when FULLY healthy. (Pervis and Rogers)

 

I have a feeling this won't be the last time these two meet this year, but if you're a GRC fan, gotta feel good about getting the W without one of your leading scorers in Rogers.

I bet when they all get home, there will be numerous posts to disagree with you. You know what they say about opinions, and no I didn't get to go to this game so I don't have an opinion, other than this game means nothing. It's the one in March that counts.

What makes the difference between a foul in the first 4 seconds of the game or the last 4 seconds. I didn't see the game but I've seen a lot of them where the official didn't have the guts to call a foul in the last seconds.

WOW!! Stenzil once again shows he has pure ice water in his veins! Playing a very depleted Clark County team Mason was not very impressive at all. Not the game I was expecting at all! Robbie was fouled and it affected a shot he would make more than half the time. Refs let a lot slide from both sides and Clark County pulled it out. You can blame whomever you want but a win is a win!

Say what you will Clark is a loaded and stacked for the future, better get used to it cause we will be in the hunt for a few years to come!:ylsuper:

Don't feel too bad....the refs made a terrible call two years ago in the 10th region semi's between Clark & Scott with Scott up by 1 and sent Stenzel to the line and he drained both to give them the lead. Scott did have a chance to win, but missed the shot. Still, the refs screwed up and it changed the game big time.

 

Sorry Tiger 1, I was at that game and yes he did get fouled!

Nice win for the short handed Cards !:thumb:

 

 

Like someone said in an earlier thread ,"it ain't nothin till they call it !:deadhorse:

They also blew the Preston Knowles shot that went behind him in the 2007 10th Region Final. These teams will meet again and it should be a great game once again.

 

The referee's did not blow that call, if fans knew the rules they wouldn't be making comments like that.

What a great game between two great programs. Great Crowd from Mason and a huge Crowd of GRC fans. Those not in attendance missed a great one.:thumb:

Hats off to the Royals on a well fought game. I would not have expected anything less.

 

I am so proud of the grit and heart the Cards played with tonight. Zollo was so sick this morning, went to the DR and had to have a shot and medicine. You could tell on the floor he was drained of energy. But bless his heart he played with so much determination and just pure guts.

Robert Hatton and Ryan Williams did a great job of handling the ball and setting up the offense. Ryan was more aggressive taking it to the basket. At 5'8 no one intimidates him. Robert made some crucial shots when we needed them. Robbie Stenzel....kid with ice water in his veins. One of the best over all games I have seen Robbie have this year. Great shot selection and ball control.

 

On the fouls...If with a few minutes left in the game it was a foul on Ryan Williams.....then the last foul on Mason at the end of the game was also a foul. I am just really surprised that they called either one.

 

Even banged up and sick the Cards are finding a way to win.... this is what I love about this team.:thumb:

 

Also glad to see Preston Knowles at the game tonight, We all are very proud of you Preston....GO CARDS

Sorry Tiger 1, I was at that game and yes he did get fouled!

 

I too was at the game in 07 and it should have been a no call or a charge on Stenzel. You have your opinion of the call and I have mine.

I too was at the game in 07 and it should have been a no call or a charge on Stenzel. You have your opinion of the call and I have mine.

 

The guys in stripes with the whistle was right on top of the play. His opinion is the only one that counts now and forever more.

If you want to talk no calls there were two walks on mason when they went up at the end of the game!

So nice to meet and talk to Big.Papa.Panther tonight. Also good to see and talk to mcpapa. ( one of my favorite Mason fans)..hope you enjoyed your ALE-8. :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.