Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Our daughters surgery

Featured Replies

Tonight is going to be a long night. Payton our 2 year old is having her tongue clipped tomorrow. She will be put under for a few minutes while they do it, due to her age. B/c of that she can't eat after 4:45am. That means I will keep her up as late as possible to let her eat. She is a breakfast girl so when she wakes up she is starving. She can have clear liquids and jello until 8:45am but her surgery isn't until 1:00pm. She will be in a foul mood till she can eat, but I know her little tongue will be sore so getting her food will be hard. I bought her a little baby she can take back with her tomorrow and I will see if they can greet her out of surgery with a Popsicle. It makes me so sad when little kids have to go through things like this but it will help her out. Keep her in your prayers and I will update you as soon as I can.

Edited by MrsFairFan

  • Replies 48
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My prayers go out to you and Fairfan, and the little one also.

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers tonight.

 

I'm guessing that getting your tongue clipped is exactly what it sounds like. Mind me asking why the procedure is being done?

 

And why didn't anybody do this to the guys in KISS?

Thoughts and prayers are with you . Special angels for your little princess.

I hope she does well and isn't in too much of a foul mood. Hope there is no pain for her at all. I hate it when little ones have to suffer.

 

Tell her all her frenulums here at BGP are pulling for her. :D :bunny:

...her frenulums here at BGP
Her what? :idunno:

 

 

"Calling Dr. Webster...!"

That sounds painful. I hope everything goes well with her. I am sure shell appreciate this when shes older.

  • Author

They just clip that piece of skin under her tongue to allow it to come out farther. She can't touch the roof of her mouth, really stick her tongue out, and she can't lick her upper lip. Its more quality of life to have it done, that's how her dr. explained it. She has trouble saying her L's, and S's. I will post a picture of her tongue.

Edited by MrsFairFan

  • Author

Here it is, poor thing. :cry: Consider this her before picture.

SANY0412.jpg

Poor you tonight and tomorrow. And give her hugs from the "Head". Bless her little heart.

Her what? :idunno:

 

"Calling Dr. Webster...!"

 

Frenulum is the term for that thing under her tongue she is having cut tomorrow. I was trying to make a joke. As usual, I'm the only one laughing. :lol:

  • Author
Frenulum is the term for that thing under her tongue she is having cut tomorrow. I was trying to make a joke. As usual, I'm the only one laughing. :lol:

 

I thought it was funny...I forgot to comment. :lol:

Mrs.FF, I know she'll be right as rain in no time! I know how you feel. My son had tons of "issues" when he was little, and it broke my heart for him everytime something had to be done. But, frankly, except when he was 2 and he had his tonsils taken out most procedures were more traumatic for me than him. :lol: Prayers are with her!

Frenulum is the term for that thing under her tongue she is having cut tomorrow. I was trying to make a joke. As usual, I'm the only one laughing. :lol:
You over-estimated the complexity of your audience....me, anyway. :cool:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.