For those of you..

buzzer beater

Actually BCG was one of the coaches amoung a few others that I was in favor of for the U.K. job. I have questioned his "in game adjustments" and substituting patterns in the last two or three games but in no way am I wanting rid of him. BCG obviously knows more basketball than I or most anyoe and everyone on here and in the stands at Rupp does.

One of my favorites besides BCG for the job would have been Villinova coach Jay Wright. That falls into the "if and but's" category though. BCG is our coach and I am behind him.

I would have liked to seen more than one candidate interviewed and a decision made within a week. Recruiting and the team as a whole could have waited 3 or 5 days. I am not saying BCG would not be my choice, but you give yourself options. I think Barnhart jumped the gun by hiring the first guy he interviewed. We all see what jumping the gun gets you, just look at Tom Jurich at Louisville and Kragthorpe.

I would have liked to seen more than one candidate interviewed and a decision made within a week. Recruiting and the team as a whole could have waited 3 or 5 days. I am not saying BCG would not be my choice, but you give yourself options. I think Barnhart jumped the gun by hiring the first guy he interviewed. We all see what jumping the gun gets you, just look at Tom Jurich at Louisville and Kragthorpe.

BCG wasn't the first/only option.

While I wasn't really happy with the way things were going under OTS, I wasn't necessarily one that wanted him gone. Mainly because there wasn't anybody out there that I thought was A.) ready for the job B.) willing to take the job, and C.) the right man for the job. Several people fit one or two of those criteria, but no one I could think of fit all three.

That being said, when BCG was hired I wasn't disappointed or overly joyed. I decided to take a wait and see approach, giving him my full support. While I'm still not sure he fits all three of the criteria stated above, I'm also not ready to give up on him just yet. I'm willing to give him 3-4 years before final judgement.