The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

Are we talking about next year's juniors? (Hampton's class) If so, then many of them play more than just football.

Corey Lyle Football/Basketball

Jordon Hamilton Football/Basketball

Nick Thornton Football/Track

Any others?

I also, don't feel I was being negative in my post, when I stated my opinion about multiple sports players or players coming out for Football after an extended absence. I have always been positive in my support of Greenup County, even when suggesting changes, or stating my opinion on matters concerning the program.

Rees Justice Basketball/Baseball

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that Zack Reed has committed to playing football. I remember Zach played in middle school, but I don't think he has played in high school. Still this is a nice addition, he's a very smart kid and very athletic.... maybe our next QB????:dancingpa

I just heard that Zack Reed has committed to playing football. I remember Zach played in middle school, but I don't think he has played in high school. Still this is a nice addition, he's a very smart kid and very athletic.... maybe our next QB????:dancingpa

We need Matt Jones to come out too..

I believe that they'll update the lights, stands, pressbox and Fieldhouse. The field turf will have to wait. I think GC football will have to pay it's due's before they get something like that. I would say a couple of district title's or a regional title and 7-3 or better season's. I look for the field turf in 1-3years.

Yea. The guy from the field turf company estimated around $600,000. 1million over 20years total to install it and up keep. I didn't think it was bad. The olny bad thing was they didn't bring up how much money it would bring in. I would think it would pay for itself overall.

Yea. The guy from the field turf company estimated around $600,000. 1million over 20years total to install it and up keep. I didn't think it was bad. The olny bad thing was they didn't bring up how much money it would bring in. I would think it would pay for itself overall.

I agree there were some board members who seemed very interested but no one really showed how much money that the school could really make from the turf. There was alot of people at the board meeting more than I have ever seen. Football has definetly got the community talking and I think the excitment is great.

With Crum's 6'2 frame and watching him play he would could be a really good Strong Safety. But their would have to be some good coaching to help him. Where would Terry Waugh play on defense?

Terry waugh has lots of speed and loves to hit hard. Curious to see where he will play on Defense as well? Believe he will play both ways.Brain Meenach said the same thing last night.Brain has also been asked to coach not sure if he has accepted or not.

I agree there were some board members who seemed very interested but no one really showed how much money that the school could really make from the turf. There was alot of people at the board meeting more than I have ever seen. Football has definetly got the community talking and I think the excitment is great.

You are so right. The board spent nearly 2 hours discussing Greenup County Football! This is great. The meeting was packed and most were supportive of improvements to the Football Program/Facilities. Although, quite a few of the McKell parents were there only to address the Board regarding the combination of the Middle School Football Teams. I think this will happen, the attitude of the few parents who spoke against this, (3), only underscored the need for a combined team and a combined County!

I think every parent that talked was worrying about playing. The women that mentioned Mckell having 50players last year, didn't realize that number would be smaller around 30-40kids to each grade. The 7th grade players wouldn't have to cater to the 8th graders. Also they go from 8mins a quater to 12mins(JFL to Middle School). They're going to pass more which would cause the clock to stop. Special Teams(Kickoff & Return, Punt & Return and Field Goals). They're going to learning the High School plays offense and defense which it will be hard for some players to pick up at first. It should be offense of starters should be the defense of backups and the Defense of starters are the offense of backups(22starters and plus special teams). This would have the middle schools competing and be competive in every game.