The Future of Greenup County Football

PureFan

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking forward to a great time at Greenup County. Coach Copley will soon be on board, his assistants selected soon, the new weightroom up and running, and a lot of very exciting times are in front of us. I hope everyone is on board, ready to be positive, and help make Greenup County Football a force to be reckoned with!

Read in the board minutes that the board has given $30,000 to fixing the field, reseeded, I hope they do something with the lights. This is a very positive step though.

I agree, Greenup County does not have a bad field, but improving the lights is one of the things that should be on top of the list. In the Raceland highlight film, you could see a distinct difference in the lighting at Greenup County and all the other fields that it had clips from. The surface and seating at Greenup County is good, but the lights would be a top priority on my list.

I agree, Greenup County does not have a bad field, but improving the lights is one of the things that should be on top of the list. In the Raceland highlight film, you could see a distinct difference in the lighting at Greenup County and all the other fields that it had clips from. The surface and seating at Greenup County is good, but the lights would be a top priority on my list.

We have a plan.... and we are going to use that film clip that Raceland has to show the difference with the lights.

We are going to do everything we can to make GCHS football a first class program, whatever our Coach needs and wants we are going to try and get it for him and the program. The Board is very, very supportive and will do more, we have that committment.

We have a plan.... and we are going to use that film clip that Raceland has to show the difference with the lights.

We are going to do everything we can to make GCHS football a first class program, whatever our Coach needs and wants we are going to try and get it for him and the program. The Board is very, very supportive and will do more, we have that committment.

I have pictures that are taken on our field and then on Lewis County and it is amazing how dark our field is.

We need lights and new bleachers (safety hazard), first priority.

We have a new weight room in the process, it will be first class, we have a committment from a private contractor to renovate the locker rooms in the field house and this will be done this spring.

We are not giving up on the turf, we have two board members that will vote for it when presented properly, we plan on doing that at the next board meeting. The soccer coach is all for it, Chris and Matt are also for it. It is being discussed to move the soccer field lights to the football stadium when and if the turf gets approved and this will make it a sports complex, so things are being discussed and you will see some things happen in the near future that will better the program.

Coach Copley's input is critical in making this a first class facility and program, the support is there and things are going to happen.

Greenup has a great atmosphere to play in. It has the band playing and the popcorn and burgers cooking.........I get goosebumps thinking of way back when. I hope they get the excitement and energy back so the crowds will return. We use to play to full stands on both sides and people all around the track, it truly can be an intimidating atmosphere to the visiting team.

Greenup has a great atmosphere to play in. It has the band playing and the popcorn and burgers cooking.........I get goosebumps thinking of way back when. I hope they get the excitement and energy back so the crowds will return. We use to play to full stands on both sides and people all around the track, it truly can be an intimidating atmosphere to the visiting team.

I think everyone involved would like to see this happen!:thumb:

I just got word that we have the votes needed for the turf to be installed at GCHS... We will present this at the next board meeting along with the rest of the upgrades needed at our facilities. Quote from a BOE councilman "We am tired of seeing our athletes go down the river and playing against our athletes at GCHS, we are going to do everything we can do to make our facilities and our program the best in the area"...

We have the support, things are going to happen to make GCHS football the best program in the area.

I'm with you on the lights - that sounds like a very positive improvement. :thumb: We went to the Mason @ Greenup game in the 2007 season and it was like watching a game during an eclipse.