Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Since You Guys Like The RPI So Much

Featured Replies

I'll be shocked if we're there but I'll agree with GT and say UK by about 10.

 

UK will be in the NCAA tournament.

  • Author
UK will be in the NCAA tournament.

He was talking about UC...

He was talking about UC...
:ohbrother: Mea Culpa
GT, I think we have found something we can both agree on, regarding the RPI.

It is a moot point and I rarely even am concerned with it. I may put some stock into it late in the year, but not at this point.

Too many other variables come into play...a few years ago you could draw a line with the RPI, now it is not so certain.

I put much more stock into Ken Pomeroy's site. The upgrades he has made to it are phenomenal.

 

The guy that currently has Gonzaga ranked 4th in the land?:scared:

Like the RPI or not, it is a big factor on seeding. As is SOS. Last year they said it wasn't as big, but still a big factor.

:confused:

 

I know Kansas St. isn't that strong, but they are a decent team. I would atleast think they would help the RPI somewhat. Anyways there is 2 top 5 teams with UNC and UL (UL will be top 5 soon enough IMO).

Like the RPI or not, it is a big factor on seeding. As is SOS. Last year they said it wasn't as big, but still a big factor.

 

RPI is not a reliable indicator for seeding.

THey have been way off...there has been a shift over the last few years.

Protected seeds...dropping and raising one line for matchups and location.

There is a grand misconception regarding the RPI.

  • Author
RPI is not a reliable indicator for seeding.

THey have been way off...there has been a shift over the last few years.

Protected seeds...dropping and raising one line for matchups and location.

There is a grand misconception regarding the RPI.

 

:thumb:

The guy that currently has Gonzaga ranked 4th in the land?:scared:

 

Sagarin has Clemson at 9.

Neither Sag or Pomeroy has Siena in its top 20 like the RPI does.

Michigan State #4 in the RPI?

 

The treat with the Pomeroy is a look at individual teams and players and even predictors.

I've always preferred Sagarin to RPI ...

 

Sagarin has Kentucky 35th and Cincinnati at #50.

 

Cincinnati's SOS is 65th, while Kentucky's is #151.

 

If you are a UK fan (guessing you are) you would obviously like Sagarin more.

 

UC's SOS is 65... that is one tough schedule. Dont you think?

 

UC's SOS is Top 30 for sure.

If you are a UK fan (guessing you are) you would obviously like Sagarin more.

 

UC's SOS is 65... that is one tough schedule. Dont you think?

 

UC's SOS is Top 30 for sure.

Not a UK fan ... I've hardly seen them play this year.

 

It's just that as a neutral observer, I think Sagarin has shown to be more accurate and reliable than RPI over the years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.