Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Most Underrated player in the SEC

Featured Replies

After watching todays Uk and Alabama game, I think that Alonzo Gee is a very underrated player. I was just wondering who do you all think is the most underrated player in the SEC?

Perry Stevenson, he has been a constant double double for Uk as of late it seems and everyone (media) just focuses on Meeks and Patterson.

David Huertas, Downey, and Gee are my 3. All three could wind up on NBA rosters out of nowhere in a few years and I would not be surprised.

Downey hands down.

Thorton from LSU is also flying somewhat under the radar.

Downey hands down.

 

 

 

NAME GM MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P%

Marcus Thornton 19 28.4 18.9 4.8 2.1 1.6 1.3/1 1.6 0.4 2.1 .483 .693 .398

 

NAME GM MIN PTS REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF FG% FT% 3P%

Devan Downey 18 31.8 19.7 2.7 4.3 3.3 1.3/1 3.0 0.2 2.2 .475 .759 .357

 

I wouldn't say hands down, these two are pretty close

Alonzo Gee, hands down. But Stevenson, has been playing much better as of late. I think Wayne Chism is quite underrated. I know he is talked about, but Tyler Smith is who people talk most about and Wayne Chism is as integral part of the Vols' success as any.

I have to pick Chism of UT.

Wouldn't underrated players that do great things but don't get alot of attention? I think Downey is known as USC's best player and he'll be 1st or 2nd team All SEC. I wouldn't call him underrated.

I have always liked Alonzo Gee. He's so athletic.

 

I agree that Perry Stevenson gets overlooked a lot due to PP & Meeks, but I wouldn't call him the most underrated player.

 

Downey is the #1 player on his team and most people know that. I wouldn't say he's underrated, although he doesn't get a whole lot of love nationally.

I have always liked Alonzo Gee. He's so athletic.

 

I agree that Perry Stevenson gets overlooked a lot due to PP & Meeks, but I wouldn't call him the most underrated player.

 

Downey is the #1 player on his team and most people know that. I wouldn't say he's underrated, although he doesn't get a whole lot of love nationally.

 

Gee is the best player on Bama, as well, so he couldn't be considered underrated. I think Hillman on Bama is the more underrated player.

  • Author

When Ronald Steele was playing for Alabama early this year Gee got no attention what so ever. When people talked about Alabama they would talk about Ronald Steele. Now that he is hurt people are seeing how good of player Alonzo Gee really is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.