Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitt 78 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

Nice win for Pitt, man the Big East is rough!

  • Replies 81
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take your anger out about not being in the Top 25 in the AP Poll thread...

 

Why would I be angry about me not being in the top 25??

Whats that have to do with this game??

Pitt SMOKED the OVERRATED Syracuse Orange, who happen to play in the OVERRATED Big East.

  • Author
Why would I be angry about me not being in the top 25??

Whats that have to do with this game??

Pitt SMOKED the OVERRATED Syracuse Orange, who happen to play in the OVERRATED Big East.

 

Which team are YOU? I'm not sure how you can say the BEAST is overrated when they are beating up each other? That doesnt make sense. It's not like Seton Hall drilled the 'Cuse by 18 points. Syracuse will be just fine. They just played a Pitt team at the wrong time.

Which team are YOU? I'm not sure how you can say the BEAST is overrated when they are beating up each other? That doesnt make sense. It's not like Seton Hall drilled the 'Cuse by 18 points. Syracuse will be just fine. They just played a Pitt team at the wrong time.

 

The conference is going to beat up on each other b/c there are so many quality teams, but why do people not mention that they weren't good out of conference? Or when it is mentioned the BE supporters ignore it.

 

Syracuse has been drilled two times in a row on the road. Maybe they aren't that great away from home and it didn't have as much to do w/ playing teams at the wrong time.

I may be in the minority, but I have not been impressed with Syracuse as many have.

Why would I be angry about me not being in the top 25??

Whats that have to do with this game??

Pitt SMOKED the OVERRATED Syracuse Orange, who happen to play in the OVERRATED Big East.

 

How come SEC football teams get credit for beating each other up in the conference but the Big East basketball teams can't? Syracuse would likely go 15-1 in the SEC, if not undefeated.

:laugh:

How come SEC football teams get credit for beating each other up in the conference but the Big East basketball teams can't? Syracuse would likely go 15-1 in the SEC, if not undefeated.

 

I needed a good laugh today! Thank you very much on the statement Syracuse would finish 15-1.

How come SEC football teams get credit for beating each other up in the conference but the Big East basketball teams can't? Syracuse would likely go 15-1 in the SEC, if not undefeated.

 

The Big East is the best conference IMO without a doubt (although the ACC is fairly strong). But I do believe a couple Big East teams are overrated. I think that even though they will lose some games, Pitt, UL, and UConn are a notch above the rest of the conference. Notre Dame, Georgetown, Syracuse, Marquette, and Villanova are also good teams, but I don't think this group is on the same level as the top 3. I'd like to see West Virginia be better because thats UK's best win right now, but I'd say they will get beat up pretty good.

 

As for Syracuse being 15-1 in the SEC, we will never know, but they may go 8-8 in the Big East (that is if they are playing 16 in-conference games, I can't remember if its 16 or 18).

The conference is going to beat up on each other b/c there are so many quality teams, but why do people not mention that they weren't good out of conference? Or when it is mentioned the BE supporters ignore it.

 

Syracuse has been drilled two times in a row on the road. Maybe they aren't that great away from home and it didn't have as much to do w/ playing teams at the wrong time.

 

UC 1-1

UCONN 2-0

DePaul 0-3

GTown 1-1

UL 2-1

MU 2-1

ND 2-2

Pitt 3-0

Providence 0-2

Rutgers 0-1

Seton Hall 2-0

St. John's 0-3

Syracuse 3-0

USF 0-2

Villanova 0-1

WVU 3-1

 

That's the Big East against they other major conferences.

 

21-18

 

If you take out St. John's, USF, DePaul and Providence who are pretty awful....its 21-8

Providence is not awful at all so their 0-2 should stay....

UC 1-1

UCONN 2-0

DePaul 0-3

GTown 1-1

UL 2-1

MU 2-1

ND 2-2

Pitt 3-0

Providence 0-2

Rutgers 0-1

Seton Hall 2-0

St. John's 0-3

Syracuse 3-0

USF 0-2

Villanova 0-1

WVU 3-1

 

That's the Big East against they other major conferences.

 

21-18

 

If you take out St. John's, USF, DePaul and Providence who are pretty awful....its 21-8

 

Its interesting I see no one in the Big East has played more than 4 games against the other big conferences, only 2 teams have done that (West Virginia and Notre Dame). UK has played 6 games against other power conferences. I guess the Big East is toning down scheduling because of their own conferences.

:laugh:

 

I needed a good laugh today! Thank you very much on the statement Syracuse would finish 15-1.

 

Not sure if you're agreeing or being sarcastic. But I have no doubt the ranked BEast teams would roll through an SEC that's extremely weak this year. For God's sake, Kentucky's probably going to do that well in the SEC, and this Wildcat team — while pretty good — could never be confused for a world-beater.

The Big East is the best conference IMO without a doubt (although the ACC is fairly strong). But I do believe a couple Big East teams are overrated. I think that even though they will lose some games, Pitt, UL, and UConn are a notch above the rest of the conference. Notre Dame, Georgetown, Syracuse, Marquette, and Villanova are also good teams, but I don't think this group is on the same level as the top 3. I'd like to see West Virginia be better because thats UK's best win right now, but I'd say they will get beat up pretty good.

 

This is about how I feel about the BEast this year.
UC 1-1

UCONN 2-0

DePaul 0-3

GTown 1-1

UL 2-1

MU 2-1

ND 2-2

Pitt 3-0

Providence 0-2

Rutgers 0-1

Seton Hall 2-0

St. John's 0-3

Syracuse 3-0

USF 0-2

Villanova 0-1

WVU 3-1

 

That's the Big East against they other major conferences.

 

21-18

 

If you take out St. John's, USF, DePaul and Providence who are pretty awful....its 21-8

 

 

That's all fine and dandy but not many of the wins are against good teams? Sure they have beaten a few teams from other conferences but not the good ones. Either Texas or Gonzaga are the best wins, and there have been other chances. They have some bad losses though. Louisville lost twice outside of the power conferences to teams that aren't going to be making deep tourney runs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.