Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pitt 78 Syracuse 60

Featured Replies

Not sure if you're agreeing or being sarcastic. But I have no doubt the ranked BEast teams would roll through an SEC that's extremely weak this year. For God's sake, Kentucky's probably going to do that well in the SEC, and this Wildcat team — while pretty good — could never be confused for a world-beater.

 

How did Tennessee fair against the teams they played in the BE? What about UK against their BE opponents? The SEC is terrible, but Tennesse, Florida, and UK aren't that bad. They would be in the 5-9 range in the BE.

  • Replies 81
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How did Tennessee fair against the teams they played in the BE? What about UK against their BE opponents? The SEC is terrible, but Tennesse, Florida, and UK aren't that bad. They would be in the 5-9 range in the BE.

 

:thumb:

I may be in the minority, but I have not been impressed with Syracuse as many have.

 

I can see your point...I haven't watched Syracuse a ton, but from what I've seen, I'm back and forth on them. I question whether they're really a top 10 team, but when I look at everyone else, they're just as good.

 

The thing I like about the Orange is dynamic guard play that is complemented by a solid frontcourt. Come tournament time, any team with guards as capable as Syracuse can beat anybody if those guys get on a roll...what I don't like is a thin front court with only one real "big" in the lineup.

 

They remind me of Villanova a few years ago when they had Foye, Ray, Nardi and Sumpter (for a while anyway). They could be exposed inside, but they had the guard play to overcome it...additionally, when the guards were on, they were very, very difficult to beat. I think Syracuse fits that mold...they're capable of winning the whole tournament if the guards stay on a roll and they can get enough inside to compete...conversely, an off night and they could be done before the opening weekend is finished.

That's all fine and dandy but not many of the wins are against good teams? Sure they have beaten a few teams from other conferences but not the good ones. Either Texas or Gonzaga are the best wins, and there have been other chances. They have some bad losses though. Louisville lost twice outside of the power conferences to teams that aren't going to be making deep tourney runs.

 

What's Kentucky's best win? Worst loss? We all know the answer to those...

 

Some coaches will play a tougher schedule than others and some schools are obligated to play teams through contract. The Big East is the best conference hands down but the parity college basketball is starting to get is what makes the games worth playing

What's Kentucky's best win? Worst loss? We all know the answer to those...

 

Some coaches will play a tougher schedule than others and some schools are obligated to play teams through contract. The Big East is the best conference hands down but the parity college basketball is starting to get is what makes the games worth playing

 

The BE is the deepest conference IMO and possibly the best, but it's laughable to say they are the best hands down.

:laugh:

 

I needed a good laugh today! Thank you very much on the statement Syracuse would finish 15-1.

 

If you think any of the Top 4-5 teams in the Big East couldn't run the table in the SEC this year, you're lying to yourself....

The BE is the deepest conference IMO and possibly the best, but it's laughable to say they are the best hands down.

 

Oh really? How many teams from the ACC are in the top 25? SEC? Big 10? Big 12? Pac10?

 

I guess it just depends on how you define best...

If you think any of the Top 4-5 teams in the Big East couldn't run the table in the SEC this year, you're lying to yourself....

 

 

With the way Syracuse has played lately, they would not run the table in the SEC. No one in this thread has disputed that Pitt or UL could run the table in the SEC. It seems like you think everyone is out to get you or something.

With the way Syracuse has played lately, they would not run the table in the SEC.

 

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....

If you think any of the Top 4-5 teams in the Big East couldn't run the table in the SEC this year, you're lying to yourself....

 

They could, but they wouldn't. Just like UK could but will not.

They could, but they wouldn't. Just like UK could but will not.

 

The Top 5 teams in the BEast are better than UK...

The Top 5 teams in the BEast are better than UK...
UK got beat on a Big Least home court by a last second shot by one of those top 5 teams.

 

But if you say so...:rolleyes:.

The Top 5 teams in the BEast are better than UK...

 

Who said they aren't? Tell me who the 5 best teams are in the conference and I'll find a team that UK would be favored against at Rupp. I don't think Syracuse or ND or anyone like that would go unbeaten in the SEC. Could it happen? Probably. Would it? No. UConn may, but they haven't been that great either. UL was tied w/ 5 seconds left on their home floor, so I'm not sure they are that much better than UK. Better for sure, but how much?

The Top 5 teams in the BEast are better than UK...

Well...Georgetown and Marquette lost to Tennessee...Do those guys count as top 5 in the Big East??

UK got beat on a Big Least home court by a last second shot by one of those top 5 teams.

 

But if you say so...:rolleyes:.

 

And that team doesn't even remotely resemble the team we've seen since.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.