Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC

Featured Replies

Someone please make a compelling argument as to why the SEC is a good conference this year. I'll be waiting...

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who said they were a good conference? Maybe the better question would be... "Is the SEC really as bad as we think?" They have a few bad losses and a few good wins. I'd say they are average. Not horrible.

The SEC is down this year. I cannot argue any other way. Honestly, based on what I think will happen, the SEC may only get about 4-5 teams in the tourney this year.

  • Author
Who said they were a good conference? Maybe the better question would be... "Is the SEC really as bad as we think?" They have a few bad losses and a few good wins. I'd say they are average. Not horrible.

The problem is the good wins are bunched between the top few teams. The teams without good wins also have awful loses. UK, UT and Florida should make the tournament pretty easily. Out of the rest who even gets on the bubble???

The problem is the good wins are bunched between the top few teams. The teams without good wins also have awful loses. UK, UT and Florida should make the tournament pretty easily. Out of the rest who even gets on the bubble???

 

I totally agree with your post right there. For all I know, no one else will be a bubble team. Your question was "make a arguement why the SEC is good this year"... I don't think anyone can find a legit arguement there.

 

To answer your first question, while I agree that the SEC is not great... I just don't think they're horrible yet. Average is where I put them. I think to call them great would be a severe overstatement.

  • Author
I totally agree with your post right there. For all I know, no one else will be a bubble team. Your question was "make a arguement why the SEC is good this year"... I don't think anyone can find a legit arguement there.

 

To answer your first question, while I agree that the SEC is not great... I just don't think they're horrible yet. Average is where I put them. I think to call them great would be a severe overstatement.

I'd say this is an average year for the Big 12. I think the SEC is bad. Not terrible, but bad...

I'd say this is an average year for the Big 12. I think the SEC is bad. Not terrible, but bad...

 

To each his own I suppose. I can only hope the SEC can be a little more productive and finish out the year with a little more pep in their step and have a decent showing during tournament.

The SEC is down this year. I cannot argue any other way. Honestly, based on what I think will happen, the SEC may only get about 4-5 teams in the tourney this year.

 

Agree UK,UT,and UF should make NCAA. Maybe one or two teams out of the western division.

The problem is the good wins are bunched between the top few teams. The teams without good wins also have awful loses. UK, UT and Florida should make the tournament pretty easily. Out of the rest who even gets on the bubble???

 

Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU 2 of those 3 will get in the SEC will get at least 5 bids come selection Sunday. My money is on Ole Miss and Miss state to each win 10 conference games and a game or two in Tampa to lock up a tourney invite.

  • Author
Ole Miss, Miss State, and LSU 2 of those 3 will get in the SEC will get at least 5 bids come selection Sunday. My money is on Ole Miss and Miss state to each win 10 conference games and a game or two in Tampa to lock up a tourney invite.

Only even remotely signature OOC win of the 3 is LSU over Washington State. Going to take a lot for any of the 3 to get in...

Someone please make a compelling argument as to why the SEC is a good conference this year. I'll be waiting...

 

Because they went 5-2 in the bowl games. Florida won the national championship..Oh, you mean't basketball..sorry!:D Seriously, they are down but I still see maybe six teams dancing. UK, UT, UF, Arkansas, Vandy, South Carolina, Alabama, and the 2 Mississippi's all have very good chances of getting in.

I know Arkansas is 0-2 in conference but I wouldn't count them out just yet. Wins over OU and UT sure help. A win against the Gators this Saturday gets them back in the discussion.

  • Author
I know Arkansas is 0-2 in conference but I wouldn't count them out just yet. Wins over OU and UT sure help. A win against the Gators this Saturday gets them back in the discussion.

If they had a little more experience I think they could be very dangerous. As it stands they will likely have some more big wins and head scratcher loses ahead...

I think UK, UT, and the winner of the western conference will get in. I think one team from the West and Florida will be on the bubble and could go either way at the end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.