Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th all A regionals will be loaded !!!!

Featured Replies

On Saturday (1/17), Rose Hill takes on Raceland (Girls at 2, Boys at 3:45), then Fairview takes on Elliott County (Girls at 5:30, Boys at 7:15).

 

On Monday (1/19), Bath County takes on the winner of the Rose Hill/Raceland games (Girls at 6:00, Boys at 7:30).

 

On Tuesday (1/20), Menifee County takes on the winners of the Fairview/Elliott County games (same game times as previous night).

 

The championship games are scheduled for Friday night starting at 6:00 and 7:30.

 

There ya go.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait to see what has been called a "cracker box" that holds about 800 With the hype, ranking, and press the Elliott crowds are growing and growing. The games at East and West Carter were full to the max and those gyms I'm told hold around 2,000. Some were turned away. Many are probably going to be turned away and mad in the tourney at Frenchburg.

 

They play the Region in Johnson Arena in Morehead, why not the All A Regional?? Are these second class teams with second class citizens??

Johnson Arena holds about 5,000 and no one would be turned away. I thought the idea was to sell as many tickets as possible which creates more $$$?? You can't get 75 lbs. of sand in a 25 lb. bag!!! Somebody should have had the foresight to look in the crystal ball and see that a gym that seats 800will not work with the Elliott growing crowds!!! I will attend and it will be like Sardine city. Just hope everyone baths and puts on deodrant.

Can't wait to see what has been called a "cracker box" that holds about 800 With the hype, ranking, and press the Elliott crowds are growing and growing. The games at East and West Carter were full to the max and those gyms I'm told hold around 2,000. Some were turned away. Many are probably going to be turned away and mad in the tourney at Frenchburg.

 

They play the Region in Johnson Arena in Morehead, why not the All A Regional?? Are these second class teams with second class citizens??

Johnson Arena holds about 5,000 and no one would be turned away. I thought the idea was to sell as many tickets as possible which creates more $$$?? You can't get 75 lbs. of sand in a 25 lb. bag!!! Somebody should have had the foresight to look in the crystal ball and see that a gym that seats 800will not work with the Elliott growing crowds!!! I will attend and it will be like Sardine city. Just hope everyone baths and puts on deodrant.

 

 

I actually think Johnson Arena holds 6500, but I don't disagree with you :thumb:

I drove all the way to Fairview a year or two ago and was asked to leaved because they couldn't let anymore in. At that point, I vowed to skip the All A regionals for the rest of my life.

I drove all the way to Fairview a year or two ago and was asked to leaved because they couldn't let anymore in. At that point, I vowed to skip the All A regionals for the rest of my life.

 

That is a shame. When you have facilities in the region that will hold the crowds then it is an injustice to turn people away. I will drive about 90 miles and get there very early. If they turn me away upset won't suffice as the word of choice.

The title of this thread is meant as a joke right?? The 16th region All "A" has about as much drama as a Massachusetts' Senatorial election, with Elliott County playing the part of Ted Kennedy!! Obviously they still need to play the games, but EC should win this regional by an average of 25+?? It will be a serious upset if they don't win it all, much less their own rather weak region.

That is a shame. When you have facilities in the region that will hold the crowds then it is an injustice to turn people away. I will drive about 90 miles and get there very early. If they turn me away upset won't suffice as the word of choice.

 

I was fit to be tied that night. If I hadn't had my little girl with me, I would have really made a fool out of myself. I decided to be an adult though and walked away. Actually, my wife and I ended up taking our little girl roller skating that night.

The winner will probably come out of this region, but I think at least 3 of these teams are better than most the teams that will make it to EKU.

 

Based on what? Elliott aside, give me a "quality win" by a 16th region "A" team--Or 16th region team for that matter?

I was fit to be tied that night. If I hadn't had my little girl with me, I would have really made a fool out of myself. I decided to be an adult though and walked away. Actually, my wife and I ended up taking our little girl roller skating that night.

 

I will heed your advice in here. I'm sure Frenchburg has no motels and I don't want to spend the night in that other place even though the price is right.

I will heed your advice in here. I'm sure Frenchburg has no motels and I don't want to spend the night in that other place even though the price is right.

 

Here's the best advice I can give - get there EARLY. Really early.

Can't wait to see what has been called a "cracker box" that holds about 800 With the hype, ranking, and press the Elliott crowds are growing and growing. The games at East and West Carter were full to the max and those gyms I'm told hold around 2,000. Some were turned away. Many are probably going to be turned away and mad in the tourney at Frenchburg.

 

They play the Region in Johnson Arena in Morehead, why not the All A Regional?? Are these second class teams with second class citizens??

Johnson Arena holds about 5,000 and no one would be turned away. I thought the idea was to sell as many tickets as possible which creates more $$$?? You can't get 75 lbs. of sand in a 25 lb. bag!!! Somebody should have had the foresight to look in the crystal ball and see that a gym that seats 800will not work with the Elliott growing crowds!!! I will attend and it will be like Sardine city. Just hope everyone baths and puts on deodrant.

 

Sounds like good points LM?? Why, especially with all the attention Elliott is drawing this year, hold this tourney in such a small gym?? Agree, I thought the idea was to sell tickets?? :confused:

Based on what? Elliott aside, give me a "quality win" by a 16th region "A" team--Or 16th region team for that matter?

It's just opinions, tell us how bad all of our teams are and how good everyone else is.

 

That would be something new.

Based on what? Elliott aside, give me a "quality win" by a 16th region "A" team--Or 16th region team for that matter?

 

The sixteenth region does not play many games outside their region.

How about a link (or something) to the State Class A schedule?

I will heed your advice in here. I'm sure Frenchburg has no motels and I don't want to spend the night in that other place even though the price is right.

 

You are in for a treat if you have never been to Frenchburg. I grew up just 15 miles from there. Menifee Co was in our district. They do have a Frosty Freeze, that has pertty good food. Also the Subway just reopened. That is it...and you are right...no motel....:lol: Enjoy your trip down US 460.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.