Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

16th all A regionals will be loaded !!!!

Featured Replies

  • Author
They're only "less publicized" because they only play each other, so no one knows how they stack up against teams from other regions? I just feel to say that several "A" teams in the 16th would beat most of the teams that make it to EKU is not only naive, but disrespectful to the other small school teams in the state?? BTW--History is on the side of the rest of the state--What's the 16th's record in the "A"??

 

At what point did someone say "beat". It was only said "weak" compared to other All "A" teams in the state. By the way what do you consider traveling out of a teams area. One School in the 16th (Rose Hill) has traveled to Louisville for a tournament and to West Virginia where they took on Tug Valley who is ranked sixth in WV in their class. Just because they aren't playing schools in YOUR area doesn't make them less qualified to Win. Also have you ever been responsible for filling out a High School basketball schedule on a yearly basis. Have you been a Coach or Athletic Director? We can always question and every one has their opinions, but let's remember that they are only opinions.

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Thanks though for calling me naive. I do appreciate the compliments.

The winner will probably come out of this region, but I think at least 3 of these teams are better than most the teams that will make it to EKU.

 

Sorry, but I would consider saying "at least 3 of these teams are better than most of the teams that will make it to EKU"; is saying they could beat them?? :confused:

 

Oh, and you didn't answer my question of the 16th's record in the "A"??

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

Thanks though for calling me naive. I do appreciate the compliments.

 

Don't believe if you read my post, it was in any way directed at you; unless you said that several "A" teams in the 16th were better than most that will show up in Richmond????

First of all, I think more than a couple of teams have a chance to win the All-A state, though I think Elliott has to be favored in the 16th and probably the state. On the 16th's record at this state tourney, it probably is not real good, but I think Rose Hill has made a couple of nice runs in this tourney.

I believe the title is appropriate in context with the 16th region. Several of the top teams in the region are in this tourney. I cannot speak for the member who started the thread on their intentions, but if meant for the 16th it was definitely appropriate. As far as any team other than Elliott being a legitimate threat of winning the All A state, definitely No.

  • Author
Don't believe if you read my post, it was in any way directed at you; unless you said that several "A" teams in the 16th were better than most that will show up in Richmond????

 

You "quoted" my comments. I'm sure I didn't misunderstand. Thanks for the concern though.

  • Author
Sorry, but I would consider saying "at least 3 of these teams are better than most of the teams that will make it to EKU"; is saying they could beat them?? :confused:

 

Oh, and you didn't answer my question of the 16th's record in the "A"??

 

Exactly what do past records have to do with present teams?????? I'm not quite sure but I don't remember a team winning based previous seasons records. HMMMM?

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

You "quoted" my comments. I'm sure I didn't misunderstand. Thanks for the concern though.

 

Wow a tad touchy aren't we?? Sorry if you took that wrong, but I think it's clear what I was referencing. Please don't take offense at this too, as I realize YOU didn't say the "several teams in the 16th........................." comment?? :thumb:

Sorry, but I would consider saying "at least 3 of these teams are better than most of the teams that will make it to EKU"; is saying they could beat them?? :confused:

 

Oh, and you didn't answer my question of the 16th's record in the "A"??[/QUOTE]

 

Exactly what do past records have to do with present teams?????? I'm not quite sure but I don't remember a team winning based previous seasons records. HMMMM?

 

Since you don't want to answer, I'll give it a stab!!

 

Bath County--1 appearance.............0-1

Elliott County--5 appearances..........0-5

Fairview--5 appearances.................0-5

Menifee County--1 appearance.........0-1

Raceland--4 appearances................2-4 (won opener twice, lost in qtrs.)

Rose Hill--3 appearances.................5-3 (3 wins in trip to finals with that nice little negihborhood team, others were win 1 and done)

 

Totals--19 years............................7-19

 

No, this has nothing to do with how Elliott County or whoever comes out the 16th does this year, but before your fans call out the rest of the state's "A" teams , a little history (and humility) might be in order?? Again, yes I know they may not have been YOUR comments!!

 

I'm done with this commentary, as its getting too far off track. For the record, Elliott may, and probably should, win the "A" for fun this year; and I for one will be there to congratulate them!! But I'll also go on record as believing the better "A" teams in NKY, and other regions; could (at least on their best days) try to compete with Menifee, Bath, Rose Hill, Fairview and Raceland--But then sometimes I'm totally misguided?? :D

  • Author

Your All "A" history is impressive. Thanks. I feel much better.

I wish I could live off my previous years 401k balances too........

 

Appreciate your opinions and good luck to ALL of the All "A" teams still playing from every region across our wonderful state. We have some outstanding athletes across our state who are enjoying all the small school atmosphere to the fullest

 

Since you don't want to answer, I'll give it a stab!!

 

Bath County--1 appearance.............0-1

Elliott County--5 appearances..........0-5

Fairview--5 appearances.................0-5

Menifee County--1 appearance.........0-1

Raceland--4 appearances................2-4 (won opener twice, lost in qtrs.)

Rose Hill--3 appearances.................5-3 (3 wins in trip to finals with that nice little negihborhood team, others were win 1 and done)

 

Totals--19 years............................7-19

 

No, this has nothing to do with how Elliott County or whoever comes out the 16th does this year, but before your fans call out the rest of the state's "A" teams , a little history (and humility) might be in order?? Again, yes I know they may not have been YOUR comments!!

 

I'm done with this commentary, as its getting too far off track. For the record, Elliott may, and probably should, win the "A" for fun this year; and I for one will be there to congratulate them!! But I'll also go on record as believing the better "A" teams in NKY, and other regions; could (at least on their best days) try to compete with Menifee, Bath, Rose Hill, Fairview and Raceland--But then sometimes I'm totally misguided?? :D

 

 

I found a flaw in Post

 

:lol:

 

Rose Hill went 2-1 Last Year.

Elliott should win the 16th All A, but there's a reason why they still play the games :thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.