AFC Championship: Baltimore @ Pittsburgh

Who you got?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out I will be sitting in section 121 row DD thanks to a very good friend of mine down here at UK. Cant wait to get to Pittsburgh Saturday night and get rowdy with all the other fans! Hopefully it is a great game.

If you get too rowdy Saturday night you can call me and I will come to the jail and get your tickets for you... :lol:

I have been to many games in the Burg, but the atmosphere of an AFC championship game is unreal. I was at the last AFC home championship game when we lost to the Pats. When the starting line up was announced you couldn't see the people on the other side for the towels waving… It was awesome, then the game started…:lol:

I wish the Ravens would blow them out but the Steelers look so fresh and the Ravens look worn down. Suggs+Palamalu are both dinged up pretty good.

Polamalu practiced today and he played the whole game last week. I don't think his injury is that bad.

Suggs and the CB that are hurt don't look like they will play.

Keys to victory

To win, the Ravens must ...

1. Have Flacco be no ordinary Joe. The rookie QB will have to make plays in the passing game if the Ravens are to beat their rival.

2. Watch out for the James Gang. The Ravens will have to account for Steelers linebackers James Harrison and James Farrior.

3. Feed off Reed. Despite leading the league in picks, Reed doesn't have an interception in his past five games against the Steelers.

To win, the Steelers must ...

1. Be Raven-ous with the run.The Steelers haven't rushed for more than 100 yards against the Ravens since October 2005

2. Chain McClain. The Steelers led the NFL in yards per rush attempt, and they held the Chargers to a franchise postseason-record 15 yards rushing.

3. Keep the nose clean. NT Haloti Ngata can dominate opposing centers and leads the Ravens' defensive linemen with 77 tackles.

^I'm changing my pick. I don't think the Ravens will score a TD...so instead of 27-7, I'm going with 27-3.

All the Steelers have to do is play their game and not beat themselves. The Ravens wouldn't even be here if the Titans hadn't gift-wrapped last week's game and the Steelers are just as good as Tennessee (maybe better).

My point...if the Steelers keep plugging along, stay patient and don't turn the ball over, they'll get some points against a tired and banged up Ravens defense. Conversely, I don't think Baltimore can score against Pittsburgh without some help. (The Titans blew a coverage on Mason that gave away a TD and then couldn't make a play with double-coverage that allowed the Ravens to catch a pass inside the ten resulting in 3 more points.)

I really don't see this being a close game. The Steelers are better, healthier and fresher and they're at home. Unless they beat themselves, Baltimore can't hang with them this time around. The Steelers will get a lead and wear them down as the game progresses.

If Baltimore wins this game, it will likely be because Ben played terrible.

^I'm changing my pick. I don't think the Ravens will score a TD...so instead of 27-7, I'm going with 27-3.

All the Steelers have to do is play their game and not beat themselves. The Ravens wouldn't even be here if the Titans hadn't gift-wrapped last week's game and the Steelers are just as good as Tennessee (maybe better).

My point...if the Steelers keep plugging along, stay patient and don't turn the ball over, they'll get some points against a tired and banged up Ravens defense. Conversely, I don't think Baltimore can score against Pittsburgh without some help. (The Titans blew a coverage on Mason that gave away a TD and then couldn't make a play with double-coverage that allowed the Ravens to catch a pass inside the ten resulting in 3 more points.)

I really don't see this being a close game. The Steelers are better, healthier and fresher and they're at home. Unless they beat themselves, Baltimore can't hang with them this time around. The Steelers will get a lead and wear them down as the game progresses.

If Baltimore wins this game, it will likely be because Ben played terrible.

I agree with you, 5wide. :thumb:

I honestly don't think Baltimore can beat the Steelers unless the Steelers turn the ball over. Sure Flacco has had a great Rookie campaign, but the Ravens don't have the offense to beat Pitt if Ben and Co. don't turn the ball over.

Suggs is in a sling, however, I'd be willing to bet you'll see him start on Sunday. Troy says his ankle is fine, but the larger concern for the Steelers is the C Hartwig. He "hopes" to practice today. Otherwise they move Stapleton to C and Essex to RG. :eek:

I also think that Flacco is better than the credit he's getting here. If they can run the ball at all and keep him out of long yardage situations on 3rd down, the Ravens will have a better than average shot. One special teams play could be the deciding factor. I still think this is a touchdown game one way or the other.

I agree with you, 5wide. :thumb:

I honestly don't think Baltimore can beat the Steelers unless the Steelers turn the ball over. Sure Flacco has had a great Rookie campaign, but the Ravens don't have the offense to beat Pitt if Ben and Co. don't turn the ball over.

Granted I hate Baltimore, but I'm honest in my assessment. I give them credit for getting this far, but let's not get carried away. They have not been that impressive...

In the Wild Card Round, they beat one of the two weakest teams in the playoffs (Miami and Minnesota)...

In the divisional round, they played mistake free and won because Tennessee gave it away.

Flacco is 20/45 for 296 yards with 1 TD and 0 Int. McClain and McGahee combined for 44 yards on 24 carries against Tennessee. Now they're facing the best defense they've seen...

40-50 rushing yards on 2 yards per carry, combined with 150 passing yards on a 50% completion percentage is not going to win in Pittsburgh unless the Steelers give it away.

People can compare the Ravens this year to the Super Bowl team all they want, but the only thing they have in common is beating Tennessee as the top seed. The defense isn't close to as dominant as the unit that carried them to a Super Bowl and their running game isn't as good. They've run their course and the Steelers are about to drop the hammer Sunday.

I also think that Flacco is better than the credit he's getting here. If they can run the ball at all and keep him out of long yardage situations on 3rd down, the Ravens will have a better than average shot. One special teams play could be the deciding factor. I still think this is a touchdown game one way or the other.

Sandbagger...

The only way this game is close is if Pittsburgh allows it to be by turning the ball over. The Ravens offense isn't capable of driving the ball and scoring against the Steelers defense...if P'burgh doesn't turn it over or screw up on special teams and give away points, or give up a short field, Baltimore won't score much, if any. If it's left up to Flacco and the offense, I say a couple of FG's is the best they can do.

I like Flacco's ability and his potential, but he's still a rookie. And, there's more to it than Flacco...the offense is conservative. They don't have any big play threats, nobody that scares a defense, and really only one good WR (Mason). And, he's old. There's no reason, outside of an offensive meltdown from the Steelers, to pick Baltimore this week.

The Steelers Oline pass blocked pretty well today, which is different from the games I have watched this season...I think T Suggs and friends will get to Big Ben and lay some shots on him. These teams are evenly matched everywhere, with the QB position probably this biggest gap (which I don't think is a huge difference).

I like the Ravens in this one since it is tough to beat a team 3 times in one season...

No good team will get beat 3 times in the same year by the same team. I just think Baltimore is on a roll and will find a way to win it.

I'll take the Ravens in a very, very close game. I think it's too difficult for one team to beat another solid football team 3 times in a season.

:thumb:

The Ravens were very lucky to escape from Nashville with a W. The Titans offense moved the ball on them...and they moved it easily at times.

They Ravens have played an extra game and they had a physical, 4 quarter war against Tennessee. Plus, Pittsburgh is just better.

The Steelers should win.

But, beating a team 3 times is never easy. The Ravens definitely have a shot.

If Pittsburgh doesn't turn the ball over, Baltimore can't beat them. In fact, I'd say the Ravens need at least 3 TO's or a huge special teams play to win this game...

I'll take the Steelers.

27-7

I can't wait for this game!!!!!! I REALLY wish the Ravens would win but I worry about how worn down they are and how fresh Pitt's is. My gut says Pitt's but I'm pulling hard for the Ravens. The one thing I like about Balt is it is soo hard to beat a great team 3 times in one season.

Not if you're the better team it not....it's a myth.

The Steelers win by at least 10 unless they go Tennessee Titan on themselves and turn it over 3+ times.

Sandbagger...

The only way this game is close is if Pittsburgh allows it to be by turning the ball over. The Ravens offense isn't capable of driving the ball and scoring against the Steelers defense...if P'burgh doesn't turn it over or screw up on special teams and give away points, or give up a short field, Baltimore won't score much, if any. If it's left up to Flacco and the offense, I say a couple of FG's is the best they can do.

I like Flacco's ability and his potential, but he's still a rookie. And, there's more to it than Flacco...the offense is conservative. They don't have any big play threats, nobody that scares a defense, and really only one good WR (Mason). And, he's old. There's no reason, outside of an offensive meltdown from the Steelers, to pick Baltimore this week.

I hope your right 5 wide. I think you're not giving the Ravens the credit they deserve in making it this far. I do believe that Tenn was the better team and out played the birds last week, but gave it away. It's easy to say Pitt blows them out when you're playing with house money... :lol: