Trimble County Head Coach

JARS_08_12

Secondly, the 30 days required before a coach can be hired once the position has been posted is not yet up. I am curious as to what knowledge you have to be able to be able to put blame on the AD, principal for "not already reaching out and finding someone to take over for these boys." Do you KNOW that they have done nothing? Perhaps they have been in contact with the current assistant coaches that are paid for a full year of committment to the job. We have been back in school for 14 days since the announcement of Poynter's leaving. Let's not wail about that anyone is being slighted in the weightroom.

Thirdly, if Chism applies for the job (which to my knowledge he has not done yet), I am sure that he wants to be chosen as the best person for the job, not the only one available at the time.

With that being said, let's give the committee time to find the person best able to continue Trimble's resurgance amongst our area schools and beyond.

One last thing..."old" must be just a state of mind for you...or just a relative thing. We do have common ground, though. We both want what is best for these kids AND the whole program.

I have seen some people state there is a 30 day period to hire a coach and some say not. So I went to the source the other day, KDE, and looked it up. It says that a teaching vacancy must be posted for 30 days, but a coaching position does not. I can go find it again and post it word for word if anybody want it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen some people state there is a 30 day period to hire a coach and some say not. So I went to the source the other day, KDE, and looked it up. It says that a teaching vacancy must be posted for 30 days, but a coaching position does not. I can go find it again and post it word for word if anybody want it.

Our district always follows this policy.

• 2 weeks later...