Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marquette 84 Cincinnati 50

Featured Replies

One BIG step back for the bearcats.

I thought UC laid down and quit halfway through the second half. Hoard and Machuck were even commenting on it.

They were not challenging shots...failing to communicate..

Just burn the tape a move on.

Is there any concern with Gates? I have only seen a handful of games, but is he not producing as much as expected? Doesn't seem to making an impact defensively...not getting a many blocks, and not really a glass cleaner.

This is a very important stretch for ol' Mick . If they get blown out consistently he could be on the hot seat.

Is there any concern with Gates? I have only seen a handful of games, but is he not producing as much as expected? Doesn't seem to making an impact defensively...not getting a many blocks, and not really a glass cleaner.

 

Gates is 2nd in scoring and 1st in boards in only 21 minutes a game. His problem has been foul trouble....

If they get blown out consistently he could be on the hot seat.

 

He will not be on the hot seat until next season at the earliest and likely not for another year after that...

He will not be on the hot seat until next season at the earliest and likely not for another year after that...

 

I agree. the focus at UC in the B-East is the football program.

I agree. the focus at UC in the B-East is the football program.

 

Has the football success lessened the heat on Mick?

Has the football success lessened the heat on Mick?

 

No. In a sense the whole move to the B-East has taken the focus from the basketball program and shifted to football. I think Mick has a pretty long leash.

I picked Marquette to win, but, not by this margin.

I'm sick of listening to everyone on the dial complaining about Cronin. Most must fail to realize that his cupboard was more than bare when he arrived. Like GT stated, if the struggles continue 12 months from now then I can understand but the UC job wasn't going to be a quick fix when he took over for Kennedy.

I'm sick of listening to everyone on the dial complaining about Cronin. Most must fail to realize that his cupboard was more than bare when he arrived. Like GT stated, if the struggles continue 12 months from now then I can understand but the UC job wasn't going to be a quick fix when he took over for Kennedy.

I fully believe things would be totally different if Downey stayed. He didn't and Mick was handed Ced McGowan and told get to work.

 

Right now the sophomore class is not getting it done and it's killed them the last two games. I'm not giving up on them yet, but they need to step it up. And fast...

I fully believe things would be totally different if Downey stayed. He didn't and Mick was handed Ced McGowan and told get to work.

 

Right now the sophomore class is not getting it done and it's killed them the last two games. I'm not giving up on them yet, but they need to step it up. And fast...

 

Mick needs to not be on the "hot seat" because he is bringing in recruits... The sophomore class isn't producing as much as we thought they would, but really anything that great from those kids would be a bonus. What did he have to sell to them? I don't think he expected any of those guys to be stars in the Big East.

 

I have high hopes for Kilpatrick next season in terms of scoring. Then we get into Benahan and whoever else that class may bring and then its a whole new story...

I'm sick of listening to everyone on the dial complaining about Cronin. Most must fail to realize that his cupboard was more than bare when he arrived. Like GT stated, if the struggles continue 12 months from now then I can understand but the UC job wasn't going to be a quick fix when he took over for Kennedy.

 

He was dealt a pretty rough hand.

I think it will be a while before he gets any heat, or unless they get pummeled a bunch in conference play.

I think their effort has been questioned on more than one occaision...Mick as alluded to not playing hard. Playing hard should be a given.

I think his assessment of Marquette beating anyone because they were so hot is not real valid, because UC simply didn't guard them. They didn't make people put it on the floor and beat them off the bounce.

I think MC has a long leash.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.