LCD or Plasma tv?

00Rocket28

This really doesn't exist in today's plasma TV's. It did in the original versions a few years ago.

I own 2 LCD's and 1 Plasma (all 50" or larger) and I would choose the plasma hands down.

You're right, burn-in really isn't the problem it once was. I agree, Plasma would be my pick as well.

I have a 50 inch plasma and a 37 inch LCD. I like the plasma 10 times better! No worry for burn in either. Their is a burn-in prevention feature that they tell you to do once every few weeks. It takes 5 minutes and your screen goes from black, to white, to gray. Also, unless you plan on using the TV strictly for gaming, get a 720 instead of a 1080.

This is especially true if you're not watching HDTV, BluRay or playing games on the TV. 1080 on a large screen with a normal definition signal looks crappy (pixilated).

They have dish, and yes they are in Marion

So do I, and locals are NOT in HD with Dish yet I believe...Should just be a matter of time though.

On the 1080p matter, the only way u get 1080p definition is with a Blu-Ray movie. Most channels are broadcast in 480 setting, HD channels are 720 currently. The only stations I know playing with 1080p are ESPN. I did get the 1080p, but I have a PS3 and the price difference wasn't that much. I would say for them 720 is fine.

I just bought a 650 Series Samsung LCD just over a week ago and I LOVE IT! 50,000 - 1 contrast ratio, 1080p. Samsung's have a very good rating, they also have deeper blacks and better color than other LCD competitors. Very good viewing angles too.

We also bought a smaller Toshiba LCD which is very nice too.