Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Top 10

Featured Replies

Totally slipped my mind! I'm was just doing them off the top of my head. Highlands should be solid, though they did lose their two top players last year. But with Liggett, Watson, Sainola, Rizzo, etc.. - as well as a very good new head coach - they have plenty of talent. On my list, I think I'd put them 8th and bump out Boone.

 

What other pitchers do they have besides Sainola? Rizzo threw a little for us in our fall league, not overpowering but threw strikes. I also heard they would maybe have some guys come back out who had not been playing because of the spring break rules. Liggett is very solid behind the plate.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so? Beechwood lost alot of talent, and there is word Slusher isn't playing. HC will be tough this year.

With Dixie I think Smallwood and Koors could take that team far, also Chamberlain will contribute alot.

 

I agree. HC is going to be tough this year. Dixie has some solid pitching as well.

Beechwood will be more like 8 or 9. They have Smith pitching and Hyde hitting and the rest are all role players.

I meant Bellevue, but thanks for the info.

 

Tony Piper...Jimmy Scott...

  • Author

Scott I believe was the one, he throws pretty good.

Tony Piper...Jimmy Scott...

 

Piper is a pretty good pitcher, he is not over powering but he hits spots and has nice off speed from what I remember.

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 13

Beechwood will be more like 8 or 9. They have Smith pitching and Hyde hitting and the rest are all role players.

 

Those "ROLE"players have faired pretty well over the last couple years .They have played for 2 freshman championships and made the semi's (I think) in the JV REGIONALS.They lost to eventual champ Ryle.

Not bad for a bunch of role players.

Maybe you are right ,time will tell.

1. CCH (no excuses for them this year)

2. NCC (have to give props to the returning 9th Region champs)

3. Conner (pitching of Shuttlesworth and Samad will be solid; Brake is fun to watch hit)

4. Holy Cross (Roenker/Stewart might be best 1-2 pitching combo in NKY)

5. Bellevue (they might well be the surprise of the 9th)

6. Ryle (could be higher, could be lower - all depends on pitching behind Etscheid)

7. Beechwood (lost fair amount of talent; is Slusher playing?)

8. Dixie (solid pitching; Klei, Popham all solid position returnees)

9. Campbell County (Estes and Coffman will determine a lot for this team)

10. Boone County (very thin on pitching, but return some solid position talent)

 

No disrespect meant to Brossart - just don't know much about them.

 

I like this list, but yes I would have to put Highlands in the top 10 somewhere.

Edited by STRIKE3

  • Author
I like this list, but yes I would have to put Highlands in the top 10 somewhere.

 

Did Tohls (sp)? graduate?

Did Tohls (sp)? graduate?

 

 

Thomas Towles of HHS, Grandson of Senator Jim Bunning? If so, then yes he did and he is going to Transy!

Did Tohls (sp)? graduate?

 

Yes, Highlands loses Muench and Towles, but returns everybody else and adds Sainola and some football players to the team. Should be an interesting year for this team with alot of potential and a new coach.

Thomas Towles of HHS, Grandson of Senator Jim Bunning? If so, then yes he did and he is going to Transy!

 

:thumb:

Should be alot of talent and good teams this year.

What your top ten teams be?

 

1. CCH- Return alot of important players, and have Maile.

 

 

2. NCC- Have Conner throwing for them and will win a substantial amount of games. Plus the Kelly bros. will be good.

3. Holy Cross- return 9 seniors, and Have thier ace Roenker, now only if they don't over use him. Will be a very sound ball club.

4. Ryle- will have a solid team, still have Estcheid (sp)? and always put out a quality squad.

5. Beechwood- Young at spots but Smith will carry the pitching staff along with Larimore.

6. Dixie- Have a solid staff with Smallwood and Koors as the anchors. Lesley also is a solid lead off man.

7. Conner- Brake and Pugh should be the catalyst to the Cougar offense. Prolly should be higher than 7.

8. Bellevue- If Jones is still there they will be a contender.

9. Brossart- Don't know much about them but they were tough last year.

10. SK- lost some talent last year and they might be good toward the end of the year.

 

Thoughts..

 

SK did lose some talent, I heard some JV players from last year aren't returning and their catcher needs shoulder surgery. Pitching still remains a question mark. They don't belong in the top 10, by the sound of who is comming back I'd say they will be lucky to go .500 for the year.

  • Author
SK did lose some talent, I heard some JV players from last year aren't returning and their catcher needs shoulder surgery. Pitching still remains a question mark. They don't belong in the top 10, by the sound of who is comming back I'd say they will be lucky to go .500 for the year.

 

Yeah, I was naming these off the top of my head really, shame on me I guess, I would put Highlands in and take SK out.

I think Highlands is definitely top 10. They have some great Young talent returning. Led by Liggett and Rizzo. Rizzo could be a good #3 or #4 pitcher if he gets a few lessons. His potential if very high, he is one of the most coachable kids I've seen. They are probably counting on Sanolia to be their #1 who will follow him?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.